First AC3 Screenshots

• 115 results
#1 Edited by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

Looks pretty good:

My guess is there's some stealth element to the snow and birch trees. At least the white clothes make sense in connection with those environments.

#2 Posted by themangalist (1739 posts) -

Looks like the countryside is a stronger focus this time and where they'll change the formula a bit. Colour me interested.

#3 Posted by HowDire (270 posts) -

I'M NOT AN ASSASSIN PROMISE!

Seriously he sticks out like a sore thumb.

#4 Posted by benson (318 posts) -

I find the 3rd one hilarious. "Lalala, I'm all alone chilling in the snow, pretending I'm NapoléonOH SHIT".

But yeah this is pretty.

#5 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Dude, this looks wicked as hell. I'm digging the bow and the wilderness focus.

#6 Posted by demonbear (1860 posts) -

I want to play this game right noooooow!!!!

*Throws wallet at Ubisoft*

#7 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

@mcderby4 said:

Me, too. I already loved the snowy Tall Trees part in RDR and this takes it even further. Very fresh scenario.

#8 Posted by believer258 (11979 posts) -

It's certainly purty.

At least in still images. When it's actually moving, it might be a different story.

#9 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Liking what I see.

#10 Posted by Voxus (341 posts) -

This isn't going to end well for the guy in the first pick.

#11 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Wow. Assassin's Creed has never looked so interesting.

#12 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@mcderby4 said:

Me, too. I already loved the snowy Tall Trees part in RDR and this takes it even further. Very fresh scenario.

Agreed. I'm also digging the switch of weapons. I see a blade and hatchet in his hands rather than a hidden blade.

#13 Posted by StealthRaptor (530 posts) -

@benson said:

I find the 3rd one hilarious. "Lalala, I'm all alone chilling in the snow, pretending I'm NapoléonOH SHIT".

But yeah this is pretty.

I think he's having a painting done. Man is that dude getting photobombed.

#14 Posted by Zidd (1851 posts) -

@HowDire said:

Not anymore then Ezio did.

#15 Posted by benson (318 posts) -

@StealthRaptor said:

@benson said:

But yeah this is pretty.

I think he's having a painting done. Man is that dude getting photobombed.

Someone needs to photoshop Brad RIGHT NOW.

#16 Posted by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

@Zidd said:

@HowDire said:

Also, Indians often wore some strange tribal clothes back then. So he doesn't stick out much more than most other Indians probably.

#17 Posted by project343 (2832 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

Looks pretty good:

My guess is there's some stealth element to the snow and birch trees. At least the white clothes make sense in connection with those environments.

*waits for FUS RO DAH*

*continues waiting*

Why is this game not working like it should?

#18 Posted by HowDire (270 posts) -

@Zidd: I beg to differ

#19 Posted by N7 (3593 posts) -

Oh mah gaaaaaad. This game is fucking beautiful. It may actually have a decent stealth system this time around.

#20 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

My penis is tingling but I will keep from excitement until I see new gameplay mechanics. 

Edit: Please provide larger images if available!

#21 Posted by Master_Funk (737 posts) -

Looks awesome. He looks like he doesn't give a shit about the war and just wants to stab motherfuckers.

#22 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

stab-able animal confirm! omg! groundbreaking gameplay!

#23 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5145 posts) -

Looks like concept art to me, or at least been through photoshop.

#24 Edited by CptBedlam (4453 posts) -

One more, looks like Eagle (whatever the Indian name for it is) will be able to climb trees:

#25 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

I was disappointed by Revelations, but this looks great. They're finally changing things up.
The American Revolution also happens to be my favorite historical event, so there's that.

#26 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@CptBedlam said:

One more:

Oh my god.... hype.. 

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

"No! Don't let a few pretty images fool you" 

*slits left wrist*
#27 Posted by dsilvers (4 posts) -

As an indie developer who's also been working on a game with the Revolution as the period-focus, I am ecstatic to have a series like Assassin's Creed as a Patriotic brother! Seems like a really great move for AC and, I can tell you from experience, the Revolution is a time ripe for storytelling. Make sure to check out what we're doing on the indieDB page for Children of Liberty: http://www.indiedb.com/games/children-of-liberty

#28 Posted by altairre (1214 posts) -

@0blivion said:

This isn't going to end well for the guy in the first pick.

He´s all like "Wait a minute" but then new Ezio dude is like "Uh! Uh! Uh! Uh! Uh!".

Looks good though.

#29 Posted by MisterMouse (3560 posts) -

Kind of bummed that they didn't differentiate the clothing a bit more... but I understand why they didn't.

#30 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4976 posts) -

Those end credits are gonna be so long. SO LONG!!!

#31 Posted by SYMPHONICOLOSSUS (39 posts) -

I haven't been this excited for an Assassin's Creed game since the first one.

#32 Posted by Teeknuts (189 posts) -

If you don't get to start the Revolutionary War by firing the first shot at Lexington and Concord, I will be incredibly disappointed.

#33 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

@Zidd: Yeah, and Ezio stuck out like a motherfucker. Seriously, ONE guy with a hood in the whole city?

#34 Posted by Tennmuerti (8134 posts) -

The outdoor environments/stealth in those screenshots just sold me on the game.

#35 Posted by RedRoach (1198 posts) -

So it's like Assassins Creed with some Red Dead mixed in. YES motherfucking please! AC is probably my favourite franchise of this generation. I felt that Rev was a bit stale, but I didn't see what the big deal was, but now seeing a new setting, new character, new mechanics (seems like some hunting stuff, and stealth that isn't crowd based) I understand why people have been begging for new stuff.

#36 Posted by Brewmaster_Andy (522 posts) -
#37 Posted by HyperionXR (277 posts) -

Looks outstanding. Extremely excited about the prospect of wilderness stealth. The setting is fantastic. Ubisoft is set up for a big win on release day.

#38 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Oh wow it's like Red Dead Redemption but with more stabbing dudes, those look real nice Im back on board with Assasssin's Creed. I hope I don't need to know everything that happened in Brotherhood and Revelations to understand 3's story.

#39 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
GOD THIS LOOKS INCREDIBLE

Okay Ubi, i'm back.
#40 Posted by Jimbo (9862 posts) -
@HowDire said:

Dude he could just be going to an assassin fancy-dress party for all they know.
#41 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

looks like it will play something like MGS 3 , i like it

#42 Posted by Solh0und (1795 posts) -

Hey,Deer.

"uh,uh,uh"

#43 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -

I'd doubt the legitimacy of some of those as "screenshots" but yea the bow and arrow looks awesome. Also I agree, he stands out pretty bad.

#44 Posted by Landon (4152 posts) -

This looks awesome.

#45 Posted by Jimbo (9862 posts) -

I'm not sure how 'Assassin's Creed' it looks (I think running around a massive city is pretty much fundamental to that), but the franchise was in need of a big change and this certainly looks like that.  In its own right, I think it looks great.  In the third screen you can see a town in the background, so perhaps it's more of a Red Dead Redemption style experience rather than everything being sectioned off.  I think that could be a great change.

#46 Posted by Bollard (5659 posts) -

@themangalist said:

Looks like the countryside is a stronger focus this time and where they'll change the formula a bit. Colour me interested.

This is true, but I really hope they aren't just lazy about the countryside scenes and make it all scripted set piece garbage.

#47 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I jizzed in my pants just a little bit. Just a little bit.

#48 Edited by WonderboyCoz (153 posts) -

I think that everyone should remember that they have probably been working on this for over 2 years already and that AssBro and AssRev were probably a B team for the most part. Anyway, hopefully this is the change in the formula that the series needs.

also, this looks to be taking a more Ninja-like(or Native American-like) approach to things with regards to stealth and agility being a more important weapon in the mechanics. At least thats what im hoping for.

#49 Posted by DukesT3 (1928 posts) -

Instead of "uh uh uh" I imagine a "KAH KAH KAH!" with a tomahawk.

Looks fucking great!

#50 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@Zidd said:

@HowDire said:

Considering AC2 took place during the Renaissance, he didn't wear anything too hard to believe. Here, it's pretty ridiculous.

I would have liked to see him wear something to blend in with his surroundings a bit more, either a bit more Indian, or so he looked like a red coat. It may have meant dropping the unique look of the assassins, but at least it would have made sense. He's just drawing attention to himself, he sticks out a mile in that picture of him up in the tree.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.