Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

GB coverage of ac:3

sido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sido

lo,

What did you think of GB's coverage of this game ?

I know it not GB's job to promote games but I think they have shown this game in a bad light. The quick look started at terrible place with slow story elements and one of the points where the game suffers frame rate problems (crazy how it can draw big areas crazy weather and amazing combat but small ones outside the Animus suffer.) Ryan also had hard time with the Desmond quest that followed (I played this area, had no problems with it and it flowed nice). Patrick was going on about the framerate and clipping on the backpack there is plenty of clipping in the game but the backpack has some areas that reflect lights, it looks strange but its not clipping a later mission will show this to be the case. The TNT problems are outside GB's control and fair enough.

I just completed AC3 and enjoyed most of it. They story didn't click with me. Some cut scenes in the 3rd act felt unfinished. The naval stuff was amazing (I would love a new IP based on this idea).

I would rank it the 2nd place of the AC games AC2 was my personal favourite.

Dont bitch blog it. I don't know what that is.

Thoughts ?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

The backpack does clip like hell. The game also does not explain a lot of stuff and assumes the player has played the other games. An many people have reported the frame rate issues.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RAMBO604

@The_Laughing_Man said:

The backpack does clip like hell. The game also does not explain a lot of stuff and assumes the player has played the other games. An many people have reported the frame rate issues.

All of the tutorial goes into great depth about stuff people who've been playing all along should already know. It glosses over all the new features or changed features making it utterly baffling to use any of the stuff. The homestead is a labyrinthine mess that the tutorial spends under a minute on. Its mentioned maybe once in a pop up that liberation missions are how you recruit new assassins but how you rank assassin's up is a mystery. If there wasn't an achievement for a recruit becoming an assassin I wouldn't know it existed at all.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By psylah

I have a backpack like Desmond's. It clipped through my spine as well, and now I need to use a wheelchair.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceRunaway

@sido said:

That, uh, makes two of us.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who cares?

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheHumanDove

@SpaceRunaway said:

@sido said:

That, uh, makes two of us.

Three really.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By beepmachine

How is it their fault if the game is choppy and has frame rate issues and clipping problems? That's not them showing the game in a bad light, that's the game showing its flaws. Anyway, I thought they were fair. I'm not interested in another Assassin's Creed at all, but they made it sound like it's a good game.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

That's what is great about quicklooks, you get the chance to see the game as-is.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mrfizzy

@psylah said:

I have a backpack like Desmond's. It clipped through my spine as well, and now I need to use a wheelchair.

It really does need to have a product re-call.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By cornbredx

It made me really hate that its not out on PC until the end of november, so I don't think their coverage was that bad.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I thought the quick look was fine, got me interested in the main storyline; the Desmond section was going to suck regardless at least it's not first person platforming and at least Nolan North is more Nolan North-y than previous versions. In terms of TNT it was unfortunate and Ryan has no idea what he's talking about in terms of the multiplayer, but hopefully they do another 30 minutes or so in a future TNT, Assassins Creed is definitely not a game that suffers population issues post launch as Revelations was still going strong a week ago (matchmaking was bad in Brotherhood so it did drop off after like 6 months).

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ares42

Wait for the review and next weeks Bombcast. The QL was fine, but as you say didn't show off much (poorly planned?). But then again it's a game that most people already know if they will buy or not, so it's not that big of a deal. Although it is quite unfortunate that you have to wait up to a week after launch for the full coverage.

sido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sido

@Ares42 said:

Wait for the review and next weeks Bombcast. The QL was fine, but as you say didn't show off much (poorly planned?). But then again it's a game that most people already know if they will buy or not, so it's not that big of a deal. Although it is quite unfortunate that you have to wait up to a week after launch for the full coverage.

I think that's a very fair point.

As far as clipgate goes. I've seen the problems you guys are talking about.... however I was hunting elk in the forest the other day and stopped to admire the sunset.

Connor stood next to a log and then decided to put one leg upon said log bug or not that was amazing (screenshoot ai)... that's when i decided AC3 was worth its money.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By gaminghooligan

I think the Bomb crew have given their honest impressions and opinions which is all I ask of them.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By napalm

@psylah said:

I feel bad for laughing at this.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By david3cm

I don't find this game much fun, I thought I would just put that out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.