Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

How's the George Washington DLC?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All I've really heard about it was that it was kinda short for the price. Steam has the season pass for 50% off. Is it worth it?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I'm interested in this too.

It looks kind of crazy, maybe not to the degree Blood Dragon was but the same sort of thing.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

It's not bad actually, I thought it was more entertaining than AC3 was, but yeah if that price is back to normal I would wait.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's disappointing.

Nowhere near the production quality of the main game. Which at this point is one of the few remaining things holding up AC.

Almost all of the areas are reused, yet it manages to look graphically worse then the main game for some unfathomable reason. The voice acting lacks the direction and delivery that Ubisoft money can buy. New abilities are completely overpowered and break the game, so they're a bit fun, but make the mistake of using your health as a resource. You have to re acquire and re upgrade some you gear (granted it's fast tracked) but if you had a pimped out dude in 3 you might be disappointed. Washington comes of more as an inept mustache twirling villain rather then any real menace or threat they could have made him into with just a bit of effort. Story beats of bad shit happening for drama was hokey because they already used those same "bad shit happened" moments in the main game. The big W's pyramid is pretty cool. The DLC also ties into the main game's story surprisingly neatly.

And yes it's short for the price. It felt more like one DLC rather then 3.

So maybe wait for 75% off.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tennmuerti: Thanks for giving an informed opinion; I probably wasn't going to buy it regardless but it was at least vaguely interesting (granted the only AC DLC I'm particularly interested in is DLC multiplayer modes).

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

All I know is that it cannot possibly be as good as the stand-alone Bioshock: Infinite GW enemies. Those fuckers were intimidating.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Its worth getting the season pass for the extra multiplayer maps. But the DLC is alright. The best part is flying around ad the eagle, which isn't saying much.

The half price of $15 for the season pass seems fantastic and totally worth the price.

BrockSampson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The first and last weren't to bad. But I really disliked the second act due to having to play the parlor games for story reasons. Which I guess isn't to big of a deal, but I really dislike parlor style games in a digital format.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.