I seem to be stuck right at the end. Any help?

#1 Posted by leebmx (2198 posts) -

I have killed everyone and am back in the cave as Desmond. It would appear that earlier in the game I was supposed to put the cube thingy in a control panel and that opened a door near the animus. I didn't do this at the time and am only doing it now right at the end of the game when, I presume, I am supposed to using the amulet to open the Door at the end.

I had a chat to Juno and now their doesn't seem to be anything to do. Dad and Lady just keep saying the same thing and the sarky bloke just tells me to get back in the Animus (which is clearly wrong). Anyone else come across this? Any ideas? I have looked on YouTube and it just shows them going from killing Charles Lee to getting back to Desmond and them all strolling off to the big door with the amulet.

#2 Posted by _Chad (961 posts) -

Have you placed all three cubes? There's one on the right side of the animus which is the last one.

#3 Posted by leebmx (2198 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash: I don't know - if I have killed Charles Lee that means I have them all right? I don't have to do any side stuff for that?

#4 Edited by _Chad (961 posts) -

@leebmx: Yeah, you should have all three cubes. There's a stair case on the right side that has bars Desmond should swing across then you follow the lights.

#5 Posted by MildMolasses (3211 posts) -

You have to hook up the three power sources, which extend a bridge out to where the British guy is hanging around

#6 Edited by GunstarRed (4993 posts) -

One of the rooms where you put a cube is a pain to find. You have to drop down into a lower area and there's a small enclosed room where you can climb up to another panel. I was stuck here as well.

#7 Posted by leebmx (2198 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash said:

Have you placed all three cubes? There's one on the right side of the animus which is the last one.

The last one I did was in that kind of balcony that overlooks the main space and that opened a door kind of left of the animus I went through there and chatted to Juno and since then stuck....

#8 Edited by handlas (2636 posts) -

@leebmx said:

@ChadMasterFlash said:

Have you placed all three cubes? There's one on the right side of the animus which is the last one.

The last one I did was in that kind of balcony that overlooks the main space and that opened a door kind of left of the animus I went through there and chatted to Juno and since then stuck....

Well there are 3 that open 3 different areas. That whole place is extremely annoying because it's not very clear where you are suppose to go most of the time. I just fumbled my way through the place and finally found the 3 spots to put the cubes. The last cube required quite a bit of climbing I believe.

Online
#9 Posted by _Chad (961 posts) -

@leebmx: So you've only placed one cube? If so go to the left side up some stairs to a second or third floor, you have to get a on a bar and run across Desmond will do the maneuver where he runs around the pole in the way. Then once you place it it'll open the path on the left side after a cutscene with Juno.

#10 Posted by leebmx (2198 posts) -

Well, iv'e just fallen through the floor now and seem to be stuck in constant fall through eternity.....I think that is a message...i'm going to make some dinner and then come back and sort this shit out.

#11 Posted by leebmx (2198 posts) -

@ChadMasterFlash said:

@leebmx: So you've only placed one cube? If so go to the left side up some stairs to a second or third floor, you have to get a on a bar and run across Desmond will do the maneuver where he runs around the pole in the way. Then once you place it it'll open the path on the left side after a cutscene with Juno.

Yeah, I've done that one. That's the one on the little balcony overlooking and main thing? Whatever, whatever...seems i'm gonna have to poke around and find the spot I missed. Thanks for the help. Annoy way to finish a game of real highs and lows.

#12 Posted by _Chad (961 posts) -
#13 Posted by leebmx (2198 posts) -

Got It. So much pissing about. Stupid ghost people and their glowing lego.

#14 Posted by NTM (7233 posts) -

@leebmx said:

Well, iv'e just fallen through the floor now and seem to be stuck in constant fall through eternity.....I think that is a message...i'm going to make some dinner and then come back and sort this shit out.

Ha ha, that happened to me earlier in the game, so I had to restart. Ugh, the game's main story was disappointing big time, and I don't really understand the talk about there may be a sequel, I mean it does leave off with a "what will happen next?" But not so much in the way of a sequel. I just don't know where it'd go. I just beat the game. What is it at the end where that guys talking over a map telling you he put these things here and there? I forget what they're called already.

#15 Posted by leebmx (2198 posts) -

@NTM said:

@leebmx said:

Well, iv'e just fallen through the floor now and seem to be stuck in constant fall through eternity.....I think that is a message...i'm going to make some dinner and then come back and sort this shit out.

Ha ha, that happened to me earlier in the game, so I had to restart. Ugh, the game's main story was disappointing big time, and I don't really understand the talk about there may be a sequel, I mean it does leave off with a "what will happen next?" But not so much in the way of a sequel. I just don't know where it'd go. I just beat the game. What is it at the end where that guys talking over a map telling you he put these things here and there? I forget what they're called already.

yeah I was half falling asleep (its 1am here) while that guy was going on about pivots and I have no idea what he is talking about. Looks like some kind of triangulation thing but I don't know what the point of it, or even if it has any (like a lot of stuff in the game). In anycase I think I have put enough time into the game for now. May come back if I haven't sold it but I need to play other stuff - I have sleepy dogs and XCOM to finish before Hitman and Far Cry come out - presuming they are good.

In anycase the ending, storywise of the game was so stupid I think I may have given up on AC entirely now - definietly don't care about the world as it has vanished so far up the wazoo that it is ridiculous. Fucking yearly sequels just ruin story and make potentially good gameplay boring. I could see myself playing more if they take a break but I don't see how they can fix the story. Real shame. Especially as there is still so much I enjoy, the historical settings - big wide worlds and the action but they need to fix the story and make the side stuff more relevant to your progression and character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.