I'm convinced Naughty Dog made he Peg Leg missions

#1 Posted by Cyrisaurus (465 posts) -

I'm over 30 hours in and I just started doing the Peg Leg missions (after getting all the trinkets) and I'm just amazed at how different they are from the rest of the game.

They seriously feel like Uncharted. The pacing, the set pieces, the dynamic camera angles, more focus on traversal, the vastly different environments. Especially the Ghost Ship mission, if you've played Uncharted 3, it's a lot like the ship mission in that game. Crazy stuff.

If you haven't played them, do yourself a favor and go for them, they're a blast.

I don't understand why they put so much work into these and made them optional, they should have been part of the main campaign.

#2 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6964 posts) -

@Cyrisaurus: I think its neat when the side content is equally as interesting or even superior to the main content of the game, as long as that main content isn't terrible.

#3 Posted by Vinny_Says (5909 posts) -

fucking wolves....good luck fully synchronizing that last mission....

#4 Posted by RockinKemosabe (644 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: You have to game it to get full synchronization. Just climb a tree, wait up there and do an aerial assassination to kill a wolf, then climb the tree again, and repeat the process.

#5 Posted by MildMolasses (3189 posts) -

There were a couple in Revelations that were a lot like Uncharted. Those were probably the best parts of the game. I was actually a little disappointed by how brief they were in this game

#6 Edited by Fredchuckdave (6964 posts) -

@MildMolasses: Yeah, zipline frenzy. Who knew there were enormous underground caverns beneath Istanbul

#7 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3634 posts) -

Gotta agree that they are really awesome, if you gotta do only one of the side quests do the peg leg ones.

#8 Posted by Slax (1006 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Poison knives! Otherwise no dice.

#9 Posted by Vinny_Says (5909 posts) -

@Slax said:

@Vinny_Says said:

doesn't that count as a ranged weapon?

#10 Posted by Cyrisaurus (465 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Well I just did... you just have to be fast with the button prompts.

The real annoying crap is when you get an optional objective at the last second before the end of a mission.

Fort Walcott was like "oh hey good job killing those guys, but you were supposed to get a 3x combo, too late now"

#11 Posted by Redbullet685 (6186 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

What the fuck is up with the QTE's with those wolves? You have to hit the second button prompt within half a second. Its impossible.

So I just ended up doing what @RockinKemosabe said:

@Vinny_Says: You have to game it to get full synchronization. Just climb a tree, wait up there and do an aerial assassination to kill a wolf, then climb the tree again, and repeat the process.

#12 Posted by Slax (1006 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

@Slax said:

@Vinny_Says said:

doesn't that count as a ranged weapon?

No sir it does not. It absolutely should, but for whatever reason it works.

I could never get air assassination to work, so I gave up on that.

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10296 posts) -

Wow I completely missed those missions when I played the game. I just thought it was another collect-a-thon they had added in. Damn, I just got rid of the game too.

#14 Posted by UberExplodey (975 posts) -

Trip mines also work for taking out wolves. Or just one of them.

After a couple failures on the bullshit QTE, the game somehow went back to the regular button prompt timing on stabbing them for me. Best of luck, man.

#15 Posted by kickinthehead (112 posts) -

These were by FAR my favorite missions in the game. They had a lot of variety in them and for me felt more like what I remember ACII or Brotherhood feeling like in terms of sneaking and assassinating. I'm so glad that I didn't realize these missions existed until I had finished the game because they were a delightful treat. Would've loved if there could've been more of this in the rest of the game.

And yes, fucking wolves. After half a dozen tries I just pulled out my gun.

#16 Posted by Wuddel (2297 posts) -

Well they play the part of the "Lair" missions.

I hear the wolves are bugged at the moment. Giving you less time to execute the QT events.

#17 Posted by Zirilius (840 posts) -

@UberExplodey said:

Trip mines also work for taking out wolves. Or just one of them.

After a couple failures on the bullshit QTE, the game somehow went back to the regular button prompt timing on stabbing them for me. Best of luck, man.

This is what happened to me too. After about 3-4 tries they went back to regular timing for me.

#18 Posted by NoRemnants (427 posts) -

@Slax: Don't those count as ranged?

#19 Posted by Slax (1006 posts) -

@NoRemnants: Nope, for whatever reason, they don't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.