Is Brotherhood Still the Best In Series?

• 55 results
#51 Posted by mordukai (7153 posts) -

@Sooty said:

I cannot believe people think the first game is better than Revelations. You do the same 3 things in the same order every contract, the repetition is insane.

@Snail said:

And the first Assassin's Creed is the best in the series.

...what? The only good thing about that game is that it felt fresh, at first, then you soon notice how repetitive it is.

Altair is really boring too. I think the entire series would be better if they removed the modern day convoluted bullshit entirely.

edit: and the first AC was practically unplayable on PS3, the framerate took a nose dive all the god damn time. Gave me a headache when horse riding.

People have opinions, SHOCKER!

Personally I think AC2 is still the best in the series because of the major leap forward it did from the first. The team fixed almost every issue people had with the first game and then added some. The first game might not the best in the series but to me it holds a special place. Once Ubisoft realized the AC series is their cash cow and started making it a yearly thing then the series started to decline.

As far as the PS3 issues, then I remember Ubisoft talking about how they wanted AC to be a PS3 only game, and development was primarily on PS3 dev kits, but because of "unresponsive" Sony management they took the offer from MS to bring it for the 360. The management at Sony those days lost many exclusives that would have sold them a ton of units.

#52 Posted by impartialgecko (1531 posts) -

Nothing touches 2 for story and characters, but Brotherhood is the better package. Revelations and 1 aren't worth mentioning.

#53 Posted by dropabombonit (1491 posts) -

I would say AC:B has the best gameplay and is worth playing before AC3 for the story. But AC3 would be my fav. I would rank them as follows: AC3, AC:B, AC2, AC:R and AC1

#54 Posted by J0n3s1 (295 posts) -

AC III beats every game in the series. Sure I loved AC II and Brotherhood and even Revelations but AC III just seems to do everything better than the previous games (except stealth).

#55 Posted by Shaka999 (483 posts) -

ITP: Opinions.

All of you that think the first game is the best are fucking crazy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.