Missing Videos/Audio? (Minor Spoilers up to Sequence 07)

#1 Edited by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

I've been playing through this game like a crazed fool eating up all the extra Assassin's content I can because this is my favourite franchise of the modern era. I just had a quick question though about possible missing cutscenes or audio markers.

I may not be the only one but there have been two prime examples where a certain audio cue will take place and then the game just almost skips ahead about five minutes. Here are my examples that have really popped up at me.

1 - When you first meet Achilles and he finally lets you in the house, you sit down with him in a cutscene and he says "It's a long story so I might well start at the beginning" and then the game just pretty much has Connor go "Ohhhhh that's everything that happened". I feel like there should have been like a 5 minute cutscene here outlying what happened with Altair, and Ezio. But nothing.

2 - When you get Achilles Missing Parcel during the Mansions Mysteries Quest (Homestead Mission) you retrieve the robes of the first Assassin to arrive in the colonies. But then all of a sudden the mission ends. There's no follow up, you don't find out who the assassin was, they aren't seen again (not right this second anyways)

Am I missing something or is this just poor script writing?

(Sorry for any terrible run-ons, it's 6AM and I'm passing out)

Thanks for any answers. Hope everyone is enjoying the game as much as I am. Top 1% in all categories! Bugs be damned.

#2 Posted by Chronologist (267 posts) -

@IceColdGamer said:

1 - When you first meet Achilles and he finally lets you in the house, you sit down with him in a cutscene and he says "It's a long story so I might well start at the beginning" and then the game just pretty much has Connor go "Ohhhhh that's everything that happened". I feel like there should have been like a 5 minute cutscene here outlying what happened with Altair, and Ezio. But nothing.

I'm pretty sure this is intended. Since the game expects you to have played the previous games theres no need to spend 5 minutes retelling the entire story again, is there?

Dunno about the other thing though

#3 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

@Chronologist: Just seemed really cut off. Like the game wanted to load a cutscene but then said fuck it.

#4 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

1. The cutscene ended to save you time. It summed up the first 4 games in the opening cutscene at the beginning of the game, so it was just saving you time.

2. Your question about the assassin clothes is answered later on if you inquire about it via those small, optional dialog scenes.

#5 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

@huntad: Sweet. Thanks a lot :)

#6 Posted by PSNgamesun (414 posts) -

MIGHT SPOIL STUFF DON'T READ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that someone is talking dialogue can someone tell me what exactly does Connors mom says when the game changes protagonist? I couldn't see the subs well n only understood enough to follow the story but I was just wondering if anyone can tell me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.