Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

My question about the protagonist

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RedRoach

So people have been complaining or just curious I guess as to how Desmond is related to an aboriginal person. To me that seems pretty easy to explain away, family trees are huge, somewhere in there is this ancestor, and for all we know, maybe it's not Desmond's ancestor.

What I'm curious about is the status of the Assassins Order. Will it be established like AC1 and Rev, or will it have disappeared, to be rediscovered by the protagonist? Will the order be largely made up of Europeans, with a few Aboriginal recruits? How did they convince them to join the assassins?

I don't know much about this time period, is it feasible that the assassins have set up shop here for some time, are they just arriving or do they have an established presence already.

It probably sounds like I'm asking the same question over and over, which I am I suppose. I'm just curious about how and why this guy is in the Assassins order, Altair was already in it, he had been born and lived in it his whole life. And it was forced upon Ezio, who originally only took it up to avenge his family.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
    deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well of course I know little about the new AC game and it's story line. Thought I have heard rumors about the protagonist being of either European or Native American decent. Which in my eyes, knowing how Revelations left off left so many unanswered questions. I am hoping this person is the new link: a more recent Ezio and a recent forefather of Desmond... which will hopefully provide insight on why in modern day Desmond is and was forced to be as Assassin.

I would like to believe that they are all directly related either by blood or by the order and possibly overlap ages where say this new guy had direct contact or was a mentor or even a father to say Desmond's father or him himself.???

Your guess is as good as mine right now!

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jerseyscum

It's simple. One of Ezio's progeny comes over to the New World and has sex with one of the locals. Cue protagonist.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

He is the son of a british soldier and a native American. In which ever case desmond could have lineage drawn from either side.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Doctorchimp

Family Trees aren't absolute....or biased for one side or the other.

Who says Desmond's native american ancestor has to be a little Italian? He could just be Native American and then later on down his line it meets up with Desmond's Italian heritage. It would be a huge coincidence to be an assassin though...

Although maybe the descendants of the native american line and the italian line got together because they were in the same order.

@Jason_Bourne: To reply to your question, maybe they'll tie the American forefathers into it and they hire and train the Native American to help fight against the Templar British Empire.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shun_Akiyama

Shut up 
    that's why

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dany said:
    He is the son of a british soldier and a native American. In which ever case desmond could have lineage drawn from either side.
    Most likely this. Alternate side missions incoming. 
    Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Harpell

Not that hard to figure out...tons of Americans have at least a little Native American blood in them. I'm something like 1/16 Cherokee...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.