Official Connor Story Trailer

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19140 posts) -

People were afraid concerning the overtly American patriotic tone of the trailers, but it seems that Connor will kill blue coat colonists after all after he's betrayed, which is what I was suspecting since this is Assassin's Creed.

This trailer makes me more excited about the game. I was going to wait a bit to play it, but now I'm wondering if I'll be able to resist the temptation of buying it immediately when it comes out.

#2 Posted by Snail (8464 posts) -

I'm curious how they'll make the whole Assassin's Creed combat formula work when you're surrounded by gun-wielding enemies. Maybe it will just look more unrealistic.

#3 Posted by A_Person (10 posts) -

Guns were very inaccurate during this period. Have you ever heard of the saying "Don't shoot until you see the white in their eyes." Back in the day they usually shot once and then charged with they bayonets.

#4 Posted by TheHT (10248 posts) -

Alright. That's the trailer to get me excited about Assassin's Creed 3.

#5 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

@A_Person said:

Guns were very inaccurate during this period. Have you ever heard of the saying "Don't shoot until you see the white in their eyes." Back in the day they usually shot once and then charged with they bayonets.

As a game designer you have to make your game fun. I don't think shooting once than reloading for 10 minutes is very fun.

#6 Posted by Encephalon (1173 posts) -

@Phatmac: I doubt that will be much of an issue unless you expect the rifle to be Connor's weapon of choice.

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19140 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

As a game designer you have to make your game fun. I don't think shooting once than reloading for 10 minutes is very fun.

But... this is Assassin's Creed, not some third person shooter.

#8 Posted by JonSmith (168 posts) -

@Phatmac: The pistols in the game usually reload in a few seconds, rather than minutes. The muskets, however, once shot, are used pretty much exclusively as hand to hand weapons, then reloaded once combat is over in another few seconds.

#9 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

@JonSmith said:

@Phatmac: The pistols in the game usually reload in a few seconds, rather than minutes. The muskets, however, once shot, are used pretty much exclusively as hand to hand weapons, then reloaded once combat is over in another few seconds.

I'm responding to him since he expects it to be like real life. Shooting a gun in a game shouldn't be a hassle like real life back in that time period. Gameplay should be above realism.

#10 Posted by A_Person (10 posts) -

@Phatmac:

I misread his post, I though he was talking about the enemy soldiers, not Connor himself. Ignore my previous post.

#11 Posted by Balex1908 (142 posts) -

@Snail: For reasons other people mentioned I am not worried about this topic in this game. But that is reason why I get a headache everytime people shout "we want AC in modern times ! "

That and the fact that we have like a billion games that take place in modern times why the fuck would you want the only franchise that has these amazing settings become generic open world game nr. 25.

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6935 posts) -

I was already stoked for this game so this was just icing on the cake. Good trailer overall.

#13 Posted by Snail (8464 posts) -

@A_Person said:

Yes, but if you approach a group of seven soldiers with charged guns, they can all shoot at you at the same time.

I honestly hope that this makes the game harder since Assassin's Creed is a franchise that has gotten increasingly easier with every title - except maybe Revelations, as it is perhaps just as lacking in challenge as its predecessor - and the difficulty of it (though not noticeably excruciating) was certainly part of the fun of the first, and in my opinion best, title in the series.

#14 Posted by MachoFantastico (4290 posts) -

Best trailer they've released yet, some of the marketing for this game hasn't been great (way to much stabby stabby). I wants me some story and setting.

#15 Posted by LiquidPrince (15596 posts) -

Can't freaking wait. Was gonna get the PC version and cancel my Limited Edition PS3 edition I had on preorder, but now I may just get both since the PC edition is pushed back until November 23rd.

#16 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

That's Connor?

Ok guys, who hit him with the ugly stick? ._.

#17 Posted by Hunter5024 (5163 posts) -

@Morrow said:

That's Connor?

Maybe it's just that shot in particular that looks weird? You can tell from the jaw, nose, and forehead that they tried to give him sort of a traditional proud Native look, and those prominent features don't look as flattering with his face turned as it is. His hair should be thicker too. Or based on your default pics, I'd guess that you're more into the pretty type of guy than the ruggedly handsome type.

#18 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

@Snail said:

@A_Person said:

Yes, but if you approach a group of seven soldiers with charged guns, they can all shoot at you at the same time.

They've shown in previous videos that you can take meat shields to soak up all the bullets then charge in while they are reloading.

#19 Posted by popmasterruler (570 posts) -

@Snail said:

@A_Person said:

I honestly hope that this makes the game harder since Assassin's Creed is a franchise that has gotten increasingly easier with every title - except maybe Revelations, as it is perhaps just as lacking in challenge as its predecessor - and the difficulty of it (though not noticeably excruciating) was certainly part of the fun of the first, and in my opinion best, title in the series.

This!AC1 is still my favorite in the franchise.

#20 Posted by Snail (8464 posts) -

@Landon said:

@Snail said:

@A_Person said:

They've shown in previous videos that you can take meat shields to soak up all the bullets then charge in while they are reloading.

I wonder if that's a risk-free mechanic that works every time though.

#21 Edited by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

I've heard the American trailer was censored, because it shows those on the American side being killed in horrible fashion...

Concept art...

#22 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Morrow said:

That's Connor?

Maybe it's just that shot in particular that looks weird? You can tell from the jaw, nose, and forehead that they tried to give him sort of a traditional proud Native look, and those prominent features don't look as flattering with his face turned as it is. His hair should be thicker too. Or based on your default pics, I'd guess that you're more into the pretty type of guy than the ruggedly handsome type.

Depends on what you define as "ruggedly handsome". I was very much into Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) when LotR came out, and I also like Christian Bale ever since I saw American Psycho, who also sports a rugged look in Reign of Fire or 3:10 to Yuma.

I do like some pretty boys from time to time, but in Resident Evil: Damnation I preferred Buddy over Leon, as Buddy is the manlier type. Nothing against Leon here, of course :D

I just don't think Connor looks attractive at all, rugged or not. But hey, tastes differ.

PS: I also like the new Sam Fisher, who looks undeniably manly :D And I wouldn't count Adam Jensen or Captain Walker as "pretty boys", they have rather rough features.

#23 Edited by Mr_Misery (244 posts) -

@Morrow: Sounds like your problem with Connor is that he isn't white.

#24 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

@Mr_Misery said:

@Morrow: Sounds like your problem with Connor is that he isn't white.

Speaking of white people, I can't wait to kill some in this game!

No, my problem with Connor is that he isn't pretty.

#25 Posted by Mr_Misery (244 posts) -

@Morrow: I think a lot of Native Americans would disagree with you...

#26 Edited by GunstarRed (4726 posts) -

God damn. How had I not seen this until today? Fantastic trailer, This was just what I needed to remind me I need to order this game. Mega pumped now.

#27 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

@Mr_Misery said:

@Morrow: I think a lot of Native Americans would disagree with you...

That's ok. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

#28 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Each new video I see of this game the more excited I get.

#29 Posted by UtamiJogjaf1 (25 posts) -

cant wait.11 days left

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.