Pirate's Creed

#1 Posted by Zripwud (239 posts) -

You know how Ubisoft owns everything their studios do? Well, you grab the Assassin's Creed III engine, and you make a friking awesome pirates game. Just add some spice to the incredible awe-inspiring naval combat, take some of the parkour stuff away, and add a whole lot of RPG elements, and voilà, you got my dream game.

Make it happen, Ubisoft!

#2 Posted by onarum (1945 posts) -

yep that would effin rule, that's something that I've been dreaming about ever since I played sea dogs, Ubisoft could pull it off but if rockstar made it even better ;p

#3 Posted by FritzDude (2216 posts) -

Basically put THIS game into the Assassin's Creed engine.

If only.

#4 Edited by Chaser324 (5952 posts) -

I would love to see the naval combat from AC3 expanded into a full game. It was great, but it was disappointingly marginalized to the point where I imagine most people ignored it.

That same gameplay put into an open world where you're exploring and working towards improving your ship and recruiting new crew members would be awesome.

#5 Posted by kadash299 (249 posts) -

Now our only issue in the terrible framerate that the PS3 runs the assassins creed engine at.

#6 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1868 posts) -

Pirates don't follow any creed!

But yes, an Assassin's Creed-modeled game about a pirate or any kinda seafarer would be awesome.

#7 Edited by Zripwud (239 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

Pirates don't follow any creed!

But yes, an Assassin's Creed-modeled game about a pirate or any kinda seafarer would be awesome.

Code! Creed! All the same!

My last pirate game hope was Risen 2, and although it wasn't bad, it disappoint me as a "pirate game". My new hope is now Raven's Cry.

#8 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Man if they made a game around that naval combat I would be all over it. It's crazy that some of my favorite moments in gaming this year also came from my most disappointing game of this year. Make a pirate game ubisoft.

#9 Posted by niamahai (1402 posts) -

does the PS3 version look like anything the showed @ Sony's E3 demo?

#10 Posted by Zella (620 posts) -

Couldn't agree more, the entire time I was playing the naval missions I was hoping they could use the tech for a pirate game.

#11 Posted by Genkkaku (730 posts) -

@FritzDude: Oh that would be to great!

#12 Posted by Svenzon (699 posts) -

I played the first naval mission the other day and as soon as The British Grenadiers March kicked in I felt like I was playing a cool remake of Sid Meier's Pirates!. A new game in that series would be fucking awesome. Also, that song made me want to watch Barry Lyndon again.

#13 Posted by JonSmith (168 posts) -

WHY WEREN'T YOU LIKE THIS, RISEN 2?!

WHY?!

#14 Posted by Jimbo (9708 posts) -

@FritzDude said:

Basically put THIS game into the Assassin's Creed engine.

If only.

Great game.

#15 Posted by MaFoLu (1854 posts) -
Sid Meier's Pirates! where you can actually walk around and fight on the boat and in the cities? I would want that, yes. 
#16 Posted by CooVee (135 posts) -

I'm all for Assassin Pirate.

#17 Edited by NoRemnants (378 posts) -

I thought the same thing and I think I mentioned it in some other thread. Being able to hire crew, level them up and improve your ship would be freaking awesome. Think a pirate version of Mass Effect 2 with the AC3 naval battles.

#18 Posted by Wampa1 (592 posts) -

@Chaser324: Is it encountered in the story after the first time? Cause I haven't been on a ship in 15 hours since then.

#19 Posted by Chaser324 (5952 posts) -

@Wampa1: I think there's only two instances in the main plot where you're manning a ship (I can't recall exactly). All of the other naval missions are optional and are taken by talking to the harbormaster.

#20 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

What about a Space Pirates game instead?

#21 Posted by Wampa1 (592 posts) -

@Chaser324: That seems like a lot of time building systems to barely use them, I'm seeing that across the game though.

#22 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

There are no waves in space, that's why.

#23 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1853 posts) -

@kadash299 said:

Now our only issue in the terrible framerate that the PS3 runs the assassins creed engine at.

If this game were to be made, it would have to be for the new consoles, so the devs wont even have to deal with the PS3.

#24 Posted by kadash299 (249 posts) -

@RollingZeppelin said:

@kadash299 said:

If this game were to be made, it would have to be for the new consoles, so the devs wont even have to deal with the PS3.

#25 Edited by Zripwud (239 posts) -

So...

#26 Posted by Soap (3528 posts) -

@zripwud said:

So...

You can see the future... what does Half Life 3 look like?

#27 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

@zripwud said:

take some of the parkour stuff away, and add a whole lot of RPG elements

I definately agree with the latter, but why take the parkour away? It's sexy :D

#28 Posted by Soap (3528 posts) -

@morrow said:

@zripwud said:

take some of the parkour stuff away, and add a whole lot of RPG elements

I definately agree with the latter, but why take the parkour away? It's sexy :D

It used to be, now it's just broken and archaic. He sticks to stuff way to much, they need to look at Tomb Raider (specifically when she jumps onto poles)

#29 Edited by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

Well this thread is funny.

#30 Posted by Zripwud (239 posts) -
@soap said:

@zripwud said:

So...

You can see the future... what does Half Life 3 look like?

I'll just say... I hope this is not the final version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.