Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

PS3 Version

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Zirilius

Got my copy in the mail early today and after doing the mandatory install and patch loaded up a new game. During the opening cutscene and initial starting area I was unable to hear Voice Audio. After deleting the install content and patch I attempted to reload the game without the patch and still had the same results. Tried doing a factory restore on my PS3 and still nothing. Other games play just fine (LBP2, Uncharted 2 and 3) so I'm at a loss of what to do next

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pompouspizza

@Zirilius: Might sound stupid but try turning your ps3 off and back on. Other than that I guess all you can do is wait for a fix or try returning the game and getting another copy.

XtotheV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By XtotheV

update your ps3 firmware. that worked for me when i had the same issue with AC2.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

After what I went through with Brotherhood I wouldn't be surprised with with anything Ubisoft does. Try calling costumer service and wait a while until one will tell you that the problem might be your HDMI cable.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By huntad

That's a fucking bummer, bro. I remember having that exact problem with RAGE, but it a few hours in. It seemed like a very important mission and the sound was completely gone. I couldn't get it back no matter what I tried. I got rid of it.

Long story short: that sucks, and I hope you get it to work.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nohthink

Why is everybody talking about having issues with Assassin's Creed before?? I have played all of them and i've never had such problems, though,  I hope the same thing does not happen to me when I play AC3

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By huntad

@nohthink said:

Why is everybody talking about having issues with Assassin's Creed before?? I have played all of them and i've never had such problems, though, I hope the same thing does not happen to me when I play AC3

I had a ton of problems in Revelations. I got stuck in buildings at least five times and had to restart my console. I also remember this one time where I walked to a rooftop, stabbed a dude, and then had him spawn in hundreds (yes, really) replicas of himself who were all screaming at me. Although, the argument could be made for that moment being ridiculously awesome (except for that part where it froze again).

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By handlas

Welp the only review published on metacritic talks about bugs. It's in Spanish or something though so I didn't read it other than the summary on Metacritic. I never had any problems with past Assassin's Creed games but having just bought XCOM and it being completely busted and unplayable (first ever console game for me that was unplayable) I'm a little weary on this now.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Enigma777

Hmm, played all 4 of the previous AC games on my PS3 and never had a single problem.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zirilius

Well I've tried switching HDMI cables, I've tried switching TV's, done all updates known to man for Playstation, and still nothing. Fortunately I have a hook up at a local store that will let me swap for a 360 version since the codes aren't used.

It's the first game it's happened to me on and having done some google searching it seems like a pretty common problem for the AC franchise on PS3. Bums me out a little since I was hoping to get Liberation at some point but not a deal breaker.

Thanks for the help guys.

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blommer4

@huntad: If that would've been me, I would be all like:

No Caption Provided

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate

After the brotherhood gamma issue that rendered the game unplayable on my tv and had no solution, im pretty skeptical as to how 3 will turn out for the ps3 - maybe i just got unlucky but god damn it fucked that game for me

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I find it odd that Ubisoft would show the PS3 version at a bunch of things (like E3) and then have that version be messed up, but who knows. ACII and Brotherhood were fine for me on PS3, but Revelations had some framerate troubles, so who knows!

I'll still probably buy the PS3 version. It'll probably be fine.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Xeiphyer

Might have to wait for a day 1 patch tomorrow, unfortunately.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Commisar123

I'm having issues for sure even with the patch, frame rate, animation glitches, dialouge failign to play and other audio miscues, random pauses, so far not a promising

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft really seems to have issues with the PS3 and Assassin's Creed, I swapped my Brotherhood from PS3 to 360, because the frame-rate was awful.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joeyoe31

Next you're gonna tell me that when the files size of the save gets too large the game will become unplayable.

UtamiJogjaf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By UtamiJogjaf1

@Xeiphyer: Just wait.Good Luck

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By probablytuna

Seems like the PS3 version is the only one with the mentioned problems, that's troubling to here. I've had my share of issues with some of the past AC games but I hope the problems here aren't as bad as everyone says.

Lugburz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Lugburz

Yet to notice any glitches in the PS3 version. Works smoothly here.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zirilius

Saw this on the Ubi forums and figured I'd give everyone a heads up.

The DTS audio in AC3 doesn't work. Kill the DTS and you'll be good.

I don't have the PS3 version anymore to try this out with but figured I'd give people a heads up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.