Put AC3 (for PC) on my Christmas list or wait for sales/patches?

#1 Posted by BBAlpert (1426 posts) -

I've heard a lot about the game being janky as hell when it first came out, but there have been a few patches, so I don't know the games current level of jank. I'm not in a huge rush to play AC3, and I've got enough other games to last for some time, but I would like to get to it eventually. Is it worth the $60 as the game is now, or should I just put that on the back burner and wait for a cheaper/better version some time next year?

#2 Posted by CheapPoison (727 posts) -

I'd think waiting for a sale is a good decision. Depending on how fuzzed you are to play the multiplayer.

#3 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

You don't have to worry about patches, it's a good port. It's only up to you if you want to pay $50 for it now.

#4 Posted by Stete (729 posts) -

I was thinking about getting the PC version as well but people with much better rigs than mine are complaining about major frame rate dips once you go to the open areas, so I think it's best to wait until they release a patch with addresses this.

#5 Edited by Nate (702 posts) -

Mine runs great. I had initial trouble with the multiplayer - the same issue a lot of people were having, but it seems to work well on my machine. The only trouble I'm still having is with the dang lock picking. I get the thing all the way to the left, and it still doesn't open.

Anyway - It's only $50, though, not $60. Still, if you aren't in a huge hurry, I'd be pretty surprised if Steam doesn't cut the price to $35 or so for their holiday sale around Christmas time. That'd be a good time to pick it up.

Oh and my basic specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5, 3.4 GHZ Ivy Bridge

GPU: ATI Radeon 6850 1GB

MEM: 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM

I run it on most of the highest settings, but a couple I turned down. Runs great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.