Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Question about Native American perspective

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By veektarius

One of the things that's bothered me about this game is that a Native American (yes, only half, but he's acting pretty Native American) is seen as the ultimate defender of the colonies, when a large majority of tribes preferred the British. And it isn't exactly like America loved them back, either. It makes me uneasy. Is any of this addressed by the game's story? If so, I'd feel a lot better about playing it.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

In one of the conversations with your childhood friend, he mentions that  the tribes are backing the British, and Connor says that they should stay neutral.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

You can kill both side Americans and British. The thing is the Templars in the game are mostly(?) British.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @SgtSphynx
    In one of the conversations with your childhood friend, he mentions that  the tribes are backing the British, and Connor says that they should stay neutral.
    Yeah, they mention that several tribes in the Iroqouis Confederacy (including the Mohawk) backed the British, while the rest backed the colonists. I would say more but I don't want to spoil anything. Can't use spoiler tags because I'm on the mobile site.
    psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By psylah

The truly fucked up part about this is that it's so difficult to see what an actual Native American thinks about all this.

Here's your homework: find a Native American who likes to play games and ask them.

I live in the New England area and I've never met one. Sad, really.

I'm up to my armpits in white people though.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

@ChadMasterFlash: To be fair, except for the Native Americans, French, and Irish mostly all the characters are *technically* British.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By MikkaQ

The game addresses it, yeah. They basically state that their particular tribe has always done things differently.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.