Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

RPG elements?

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Morrow

Hey guys ^^

Just wondering. I played through AC, AC II and ACB and they are probably the non-rpg games I enjoyed the most.

I'm a sucker for RPGs and love exploring, collecting xp and leveling a character.

Now I read somewhere that you will be able to get xp in AC III for kills (if I remember right, it was for kills... don't know about other activities), so my question is, are there going to be more RPG elements? Does anyone know any details about the xp thing?

AC going into the RPG direction would really respark my excitement over the franchise after being pretty disappointed with Brotherhood...

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By topsteer

I'm in the same boat, was disappointed by Brotherhood but I haven't played Revelations yet. Nothing I've seen so far of ACIII has me excited. I thought we were done with the side characters and would finally move on to Desmond's story. I really hope ACIII is a lot different, I've put off playing Revelations cause of how similar it is to Brotherhood and I don't want the same thing to happen to III.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Morrow

@TopSteer said:

Nothing I've seen so far of ACIII has me excited.

That's where the RPG part comes in...

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By bighat_logan
    @TopSteer said:

I'm in the same boat, was disappointed by Brotherhood but I haven't played Revelations yet. Nothing I've seen so far of ACIII has me excited. I thought we were done with the side characters and would finally move on to Desmond's story. I really hope ACIII is a lot different, I've put off playing Revelations cause of how similar it is to Brotherhood and I don't want the same thing to happen to III.

Well your waiting for something that will never happen. Ubisoft themselves said Desmond will never had his own game.
    Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By topsteer
    MCXCI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MCXCI

While I totally get where you're coming from, I think it's best to set reasonable expectations for the game. The Assassin's Creed games have all been Open World, Action/Adventure games. I don't think it would behoove them to shake up those under-pinnigs so late in the trilogy. Also, let's not forget that "Open World" part. Ubisoft Montreal prides itself on creating large detailed environments for the Assassin's Creed games and they're billing this upcoming game as being the biggest yet. With that in mind, I don't think they'll be making many concessions to include a significant amount of RPG elements. That said, it would be cool if you could really develop "Connor" to fit your style of Assassin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.