Rumor Time! Protagonist to be Native American

• 143 results
#1 Edited by EndlessObsidian (477 posts) -
#2 Posted by Aegon (5843 posts) -

How does Desmond have a Native American ancestor?

#3 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Laaaame. Ninjas or bust.

However Andrew Jackson would make a great villain.

You know what, fuckit. I'm going to go listen to some Corporate Avenger.

#4 Posted by Animasta (14727 posts) -

that looks pretty fake

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11411 posts) -

I hope it's true. I REALLY hope this is true.

#6 Posted by Gabriel (4082 posts) -

I don't like the Assasins getup, was hoping for more Last of the Mohicans outfit.

#7 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Ehhhhh I find that unlikely from an architectural perspective.

#8 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@MrKlorox
Laaaame. Ninjas or bust.

I'd rather play a game AS Andrew Jackson. Dude was a crazy motherfucker.
#9 Posted by Xolare (1285 posts) -

Man. That looks fake as shit.

#10 Posted by Gabriel (4082 posts) -

I'd like to know if they go with Desmond how in the fuck this guy is related to him.

#11 Posted by alsnuts2 (675 posts) -

In Revelations one of Desmond's memories mentioned that he grew up in western South Dakota so a Native American protagonist seems like a natural fit. I love the idea and I hope it is so.

#12 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

It's the white hoodie that makes me think this is fake. Sure, it's kind of a series trademark, but that coloring seems a little unlikely for an American Revolution time period.

#14 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Hailinel said:

@MrKlorox

Laaaame. Ninjas or bust.

He's viewed by many as the Hitler for Native Americans. But come to think of it, there aren't many games where you play as Hitler either.
#15 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2221 posts) -

Looks cool.

#16 Posted by thesage (52 posts) -

There's an idea I've heard before but I can't remember where, but someone had an idea that a cool setting for AC3 could be London during the Industrial Revolution, where they create all these steam powered tools and weapons, kind of like a cyber punk feel as well.

There could also be a smog/pollution mechanic in it as well, where with all the pollution from all the production, there are pockets of the city where the smog covers the city, allowing you to easily sneak up and kill people without being noticed.

Not sure if it's entirely during the same era, but a storyline in this setting intertwined with Jack The Ripper would be cool imo.

#17 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

@H2Oyea said:

Maybe one of the ancestors has a piece of eden and decides to hide it in place no one would be able to find it, in the new world of America. Then he falls in love with one of the Natives because he defended them from the white man or something.

#18 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

That would be cool

#19 Posted by Mikemcn (7023 posts) -

Would Boston, New York or Philadelphia be urbanized enough at that time to make climbing any fun?

#20 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

@thesage said:

There's an idea I've heard before but I can't remember where, but someone had an idea that a cool setting for AC3 could be London during the Industrial Revolution, where they create all these steam powered tools and weapons, kind of like a cyber punk feel as well.

You mean a steampunk feel?

#21 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Female protagonist during the French Resistance in WWII. Want to make the Templars looks even more evil? Connect them to the Nazis, of course.

#22 Posted by Strife777 (1614 posts) -

I'm excited for this, like for real. Hope it's real, they're suppose to make an annoucement, like deskp just linked to.

Last week I was thinking about where they would take the series, and I was thinking either American revolution or civil war.

#23 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

Seems unlikely, what are you climbing? We didn't have a lot of tall or grouped together structures back then.

#24 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1602 posts) -

YES. Let's do this. Revolutionary-era Assassin's Creed? Assassinating all kinds of shady Templar/Free Mason American historical figures? SOLD.

#25 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

Just thinking about the possible announcement of AC3 has gotten me all excited. I really don't have much opinion as to where they set it, I just want to know.

#26 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3087 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

@Hailinel said:

@MrKlorox

Laaaame. Ninjas or bust.

He's viewed by many as the Hitler for Native Americans. But come to think of it, there aren't many games where you play as Hitler either.

Supposedly Andrew Jackson once beat down a failed assassin with his cane. That would be kind of amazing to see in an Assassin's Creed game.

#27 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2221 posts) -

@Arker101 said:

Seems unlikely, what are you climbing? We didn't have a lot of tall or grouped together structures back then.

Eh, maybe they'll change up the traversal this go around.

#28 Posted by august (3866 posts) -
@H2Oyea said:
Sex.
#29 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1203 posts) -

I remember reading something about an Assassin's Creed game on the DS that had some New World plot in it or something. Would make sense with all the founding father Templar/Free Mason conspiracies.

#30 Posted by wemibelec90 (1839 posts) -

Am I the only one that wants Desmond to stop playing around in the Animus and do something in reality? The world is going to end if he doesn't do something and the contrivance of using the Animus time and time again to figure out information seems so dumb at this point.

#31 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@ShadowConqueror said:

@MrKlorox said:

@Hailinel said:

@MrKlorox

Laaaame. Ninjas or bust.

Supposedly Andrew Jackson once beat down a failed assassin with his cane. That would be kind of amazing to see in an Assassin's Creed game.

I glanced through Jackson's wikipedia entry (actually I CTRL+F'd "mason") and it said he defeated William Wirt of the Anti-Masonic party during the presidential election of 1832. I'm sure, if this is real, they'll reference this or even make Wirt a major character/mission giver.

And if Jackson has a piece of Eden on his cane, then there's your final boss fight for part 1.
#32 Posted by StalkingTurnip (150 posts) -

@wemibelec90 said:

Am I the only one that wants Desmond to stop playing around in the Animus and do something in reality? The world is going to end if he doesn't do something and the contrivance of using the Animus time and time again to figure out information seems so dumb at this point.

I thought that is where the series was going after revalations. I think this is fake.

#33 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

@Dallas_Raines: It would be awesome if it just became MGS.@august said:

@H2Oyea said:
Sex.

Nominating this as post of the week.

#34 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

As Tim the Corsair said, i don't get how this would work from a gameplay perspective. Not much to free run on and all that.

#35 Edited by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

I hope this is true - I think it has a lot of possibilities:

1. We can get a parallel story of Desmond in the US and his ancestor in the US
  2. I'll assume that the connection to Desmond will be that this is an ancestor through the paternal line, where as Altair/Ezio were through his maternal line - both his parents were assassins and I could totally believe he's part Italian, part Native American/British (Miles being a British name)
  3. To that extent, I would imagine we could meet Jebediah Miles or something - a British colonist who is the reason for the Miles family name
  4. There's plenty of urban setting to climb in in Philadelphia at this time - it wasn't the size of some of Europe, but it has its fair share of townhouses and church steeples - plus they might make it a bit of a bigger, open world - Imagine Red Dead + Assassins Creed, it could work.
  5. Plenty of masonic things going on which tie well into the Templar/Illuminati type thing they have going on
  6. Bow and Arrow + Tomahawk could lead to some really different combat types - something the series needs

I could totally see climbing up this:

#36 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -
#37 Posted by wealllikepie (757 posts) -

goddammit why they gotta bring it to revolutionary america? theres really not that much that fascinates me about it. they made a comic about a demons ancestor in revolutionary russia in the 1900s now THAT could be interesting. also im down with ninjas even if it doesnt make sense for the bloodline. and wwi/wwii a creed can remain a hope filled dream of mine

#38 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Would be super cool to see them go in this direction!

Plus tomahawks are always accepted in my book.

#39 Posted by EchoEcho (837 posts) -

@Arker101 said:

@H2Oyea said:
Sex.

I second this motion.

#40 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2221 posts) -

@Jrad said:

No interest whatsoever in Native Americans. This isn't social studies class -- I've had enough white guilt beaten into me already. I'd be fine with a colonial setting though, just please make the protagonist European. He needs to be civilized to be relatable.

Where's Giant Bomb's ignore button located?

#41 Posted by Demoskinos (15164 posts) -

@MrKlorox: Have you ever read about Andrew Jackson? My god. That dude was a fucking BAD ASS.

#42 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@MrKlorox: Have you ever read about Andrew Jackson? My god. That dude was a fucking BAD ASS.

Apart from the whole "Trail of Tears" and smallpox infected blankets...

#43 Posted by NTM (7546 posts) -

Oh... Whoops. I had just made a thread on this. Never mind, I'll just go back in and link it to this.

#44 Posted by august (3866 posts) -
@EchoEcho said:

@Arker101 said:

@H2Oyea said:
Sex.

I second this motion.

I'll be here all week; please tip your wait staff.
#45 Posted by Toxeia (725 posts) -

So Desmond just has to be related.. what if one of his ancestors donated to a sort of sperm bank?

#46 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Jrad said:

No interest whatsoever in Native Americans. This isn't social studies class -- I've had enough white guilt beaten into me already. I'd be fine with a colonial setting though, just please make the protagonist European. He needs to be civilized to be relatable.

No.

Also guy, Desmond could have ancestors from both both his parents. Desmond on either the European or the native american side. Maybe an ancestor of his was native american.

#47 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

@thesage said:

There could also be a smog/pollution mechanic in it as well, where with all the pollution from all the production, there are pockets of the city where the smog covers the city, allowing you to easily sneak up and kill people without being noticed.

Not sure if it's entirely during the same era, but a storyline in this setting intertwined with Jack The Ripper would be cool imo.

The US Civil War roughly fits that period and would likely have a similar aesthetic.

Man, I'm just bummed it's not Revolutionary France or Japan/China still. Those were my hopes. This seems cool I guess but I have limited interest in US history of that period,

I just hope they've changed the engine. And the controls. God please have changed the broken, imprecise controls.

#48 Posted by Gabriel (4082 posts) -

@ztiworoh said:

@Demoskinos said:

Doesn't make him less of an badass, just shitty.

#49 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11411 posts) -

@Gabriel said:

@ztiworoh said:

@Demoskinos said:

Doesn't make him less of an badass, just shitty.

They had to remove his parrot from his funeral because it swore so much. He was such a badass that it spilled over to his parrot.

Worth noting that I also think he was a terrible president, and shouldn't be on the twenty, but he's still a badass.

#50 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1542 posts) -

As long as I get to scalp duders, I'm fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.