Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Season pass + dlc details

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deskp
    No Caption Provided
    Discounted Offer Features All Upcoming Downloadable Content, Including “The Tyranny of King George”

SAN FRANCISCO — October 3, 2012 — As the revolution comes to a close, a new and most unexpected enemy emerges. Driven by the desire to secure the fate of the colonies, the greatest hero of the revolution, George Washington, succumbs to the temptation of infinite power. The new King is born and his reign leaves no one untouched. To return freedom to the land our new hero must dethrone a tyrant he once called friend. Today, Ubisoft announces the Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass offer, granting access to all five upcoming downloadable content packs to gamers owning the original game on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Microsoft’s Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, and Windows PC.

Assassin’s Creed III downloadable content will feature “The Tyranny of King Washington,” an all-new single-player campaign told through three episodic content packs that lets gamers experience an alternate history of the events following the American Revolution.

“History is our playground – and AC teams have always loved playing with historical facts and their consequences as a way to better understand a time period,” said Sebastien Puel, Executive Producer at Ubisoft. “While Assassin’s Creed III concentrates on history as it happens, we wanted to take some liberties with this DLC and tell you how things ‘could have happened.’”

In addition to this all-new single player experience, Assassin’s Creed III downloadable content will feature new maps and characters for an even more expansive multiplayer experience.

Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass will be available for purchase for 2400 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE or $29.99 on the PlayStationNetwork. It can be pre-ordered at GameStop and Best Buy.

The Assassin’s Creed III Season Pass releases within six months after the game launch at a 25% savings over the individual pack prices. Also, Season Pass owners will have access to the first downloadable content pack one week before other gamers.

All Assassin’s Creed III Downloadable Content will also be available for the Wii UTM.
    Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Rayeth

Well is it just me or does that sounds pretty dumb?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

Selling you DLC before the game is even out...NICE!

I can't wait to see what publisher will do to milk us even more.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

@Rayeth: Nah, sounds pretty cool. Getting to stab George Washington in the face would be pretty cool.

On topic, I just saw this on GameInformer but they didn't include that badass picture above. I'll watch the DLC on YouTube though. I'm not a DLC buying kind of guy.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Phatmac

@mordukai said:

You do realize that post-game making DLC like this is made after the game goes gold right? This is done when people are finished with the game and have nothing else to do but kill bugs in games. Why not make some cool content too?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@mordukai

'Milking' eh? You realize cows are locked in those pens, and even if they weren't they're too Goddamn stupid to do anything about it. That's what you compare gamers to? A bunch of idiot animals who hand out money to things they don't even want?
    DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeShawn2ks

Sorry guys don't mean to upset you but I am buying this dlc based off the picture alone. I just found my new desktop wallpaper. The idea of some alternate timeline dlc seems real cool to me. I always wished more developers messed with their stories a little more when it came to dlc. I am still waiting on my Who Framed Roger Rabbit style dlc for L.A. Noire.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mordukai

@Phatmac: That's you're position and that's fine too. I should have made myself more clear and that was my mistake. I was more referring to that that are selling you content you don't even know will be good or even if you really want it. All they are saying is that you'll this much for this AWESOME content they are making. Like I said it's your money and you damn well spent it on whatever the fuck you want to spend it on.

@Brodehouse:I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not. I'll just take it as a maybe.

@DeShawn2ks said:

The idea of some alternate timeline dlc seems real cool to me. I always wished more developers messed with their stories a little more when it came to dlc.

I was in the same position as yours until I played the "Infinities" dlc from The Force Unleashed.

Robot_Moses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Robot_Moses

That's really dumb in a way I am completely into.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mtcantor

It's pretty cool actually. I like the whole alternate history aspect of this. After all, Washington could have been a monarch if he had wanted.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@mordukai It depends, are you upset with publishers for selling things that people want, or the people for wanting them? I'm tired of the "how can they sell us something and then have more to sell?" argument. The retail game is whatever they deem as being worth 60 bucks, not everything they've ever made. That argument is tantamount to ordering a steak and then being mad that you know the cook has more steak and fixins that he could have included with your initial steak purchase. But now he's charging extra for additional steak!

And yeah, it people are gonna act like junkies about DLC, then they're gonna get fucked in an alley like junkies.
    Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I grabbed the pre-order deal from the Microsoft Store that basically gives you $30 back for buying the game. I'll just use it on the Season Pass to essentially get it free.

Keavy_Rain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Keavy_Rain

I'll wait on the season pass for this game.

The last two AC games had a lot of mulitplayer DLC* and if this season pass will favor MP, then I'm not gonna get my money's worth.

*I don't like the mulitplayer in AC.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Hopefully the DLC is actually good this time around.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Lord_Xp

I love alternate history type movies and video games. It's boring to see the same old stuff in history play out time and time again because no matter what happens you still know what happens. I will definitely be getting this pretty much because I got the Limited Edition version. So why not make the most of my money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mordukai: No one is forced to buy this. If you don't like the idea of buying something you don't know you'll want, then don't buy it. This is also not a new thing.

Mushy46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mushy46

I think it sounds pretty cool. I ordered the season pass from GameStop and can't wait to play the extra stuff.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Bollard

People who genuinely thing DLC season passes are in any way bad are crazy.

It's fairly simple, if you really, really like Assassins Creed, and know for sure that you are gunna buy all this DLC anyway and play the hell outta it then this is a wonderful way for you to save some money.

If you aren't sure, don't buy it and stop going crazy about it. You can still buy the individual pieces of DLC any time you like (or not at all).

Anyone who buys a season pass and then is like "ah man I don't really like the game and I don't want all this DLC, so I wasted X amount of money" only has themselves to blame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.