Seeking a helpful Bomber for a NOS code.

#1 Posted by Ferros (220 posts) -

So the sharpshooter skin is only available via the NOS energy drink, this code isn't available in Australia. I'm hoping there's a generous Bomber out there willing to share a spare 360 code with me, I have nothing to offer but my sincerest thanks if someone can help out, otherwise I'll just see you guys in MP and maybe do some neck stabbin'!

#2 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

I plan on getting a code for myself so if you don't happen to get one I'll pick up a spare. I just have to find some NOS that has the promotion on it....

#3 Posted by Fobwashed (2075 posts) -

How's this work? Is it printed on the can or something?

#4 Posted by FlarePhoenix (420 posts) -

If the code isn't available in Australia, would the code work on an Australian 360 and copy of the game?

#5 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1143 posts) -
I need NOS! I need it by tonight!

... Sorry.

#6 Edited by InitialP (27 posts) -

@Fobwashed: You have to create an account at drinknos.com. Each nos can has a 12-digit code under tab. You redeem the code online for a point then redeem that point for a code that you can redeem under the Extras > Additional Content menu in the game.

http://www.drinknos.com/rewards.do?itemId=22695

#7 Posted by mordecaix7 (657 posts) -

InitialP saves the day!

#8 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5481 posts) -

The omnipresent Josey Wales picture on my wall approves of the Man with No Name making an appearance in this film: Red, White, and Blue: Redemption. Just don't go mentioning empty chairs or he'll go all Harry Callahan on your ass.

#9 Posted by Ferros (220 posts) -

I just want to say a public thanks to InitialP, got my code and it worked a treat. The sharpshooter outfit is probably my favourite MP skin but the game doesn't seem to reproduce it in crowds so it sticks out like a sore thumb in MP which is a pity.

#10 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5481 posts) -

@Ferros: The sharpshooter skin works like any other, if a character is present in a non DM match then roughly 1/5th-1/9th (depending on the number of players) of NPCs will be Sharpshooters. Since its an extra character it won't appear as an NPC if no one is using nor has unlocked the skin in the match, hence the absence of Redcoats a lot of the time.

You shouldn't rely on the game to give you NPC clones though, that's what morph, blender, and bodyguard are for.

#11 Posted by Ferros (220 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave: That's the thing, when I'm using the skin I can't see any NPC sharpshooters filling out the crowd to help me blend in. Back in Brotherhood and Revelations I'd always hide in groups with at least one other of my character model in it. Never seen another sharpshooter in a match when I'm using him.

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Anyone else got a spare code? Nowhere in town sells NOS. I'd be eternally grateful and would lay down my life in defense of your honor.

#13 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5481 posts) -

@Ferros: Welp I've played about 15 matches with Clint and another 20 against, NPC clones aplenty. As I said, don't rely on the game to give you clones, make them for yourself.

#14 Posted by InitialP (27 posts) -

@Ferros: You are very welcome for the code. I'm glad you are enjoying it. As far as not seeing doubles, it sounds like you were playing deathmatch. All the NPCs in that mode are of characters that weren't picked by players (unless someone is using an ability like was saying).

It can be real fun playing deathmatch with blender, bodyguard, and decoy equipped... :D

#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

I'd like to thank InitialP for giving me a code. And if anyone wants to play some multiplayer on the 360, my GT is MariachiMacabre. It'd be nice playing Wolfpack with people who know that 150 point kills aren't going to get you all the way through.

#16 Posted by yevinorion (698 posts) -

For all the benefits of living in The Bahamas, this is one downside. We don't even have that product here. I would also like to appeal to a kind US resident for a code if there's any possibility of still obtaining one. Thanks!

#17 Posted by yevinorion (698 posts) -

InitialP, you be da man! Thanks so much for helping me get a code bro. Greatly appreciated!

#18 Posted by Flapstar (1 posts) -

So, I realize that you need a nos code to get the character. I live in Canada, and while we have Nos, we don't have the promotion. If anyone happens to pick up a Nos, a code would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#19 Posted by lazy_bum12 (1 posts) -

i too need a code i cant driink energy drinks due to my stomach i need a code please

#20 Posted by DemiGodRaven (270 posts) -

So is there a proper way to share these out? My co-workers drink a bunch of this stuff since we sell it and I've been collecting the tabs as I come across them. Right now I have five, should I just redeem them and post them here or should I ask people to PM me? I understand that some people in other countries can't even find this sweet, sweet nectar of the gods so will they work on their respective stores?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.