Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

The Bunker Hill sequence *Minor spoilers*

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mister_V

So I have just played this mission and I'm not sure if I am missing something or what but the sequence where you have to make it across the battlefield seems really badly designed. You are supposed to move in between shots but the game seems to do a real bad job at telling you when the shots are. First I tried timing my runs after the muzzle flashes from the British guns but nope that didn't work. What I ended up doing was watching for the impact shots against whatever I was hiding behind and then running, this seems to work up to a point but when you get to the third piece of cover I didn't see any impact shots so I just had to guess. I made it in the end but that was more by luck than skill.

As much as I am loving this game I feel it does a really bad job at explaining stuff at times...

/Rant.

Oh and if anyone knows of a better way to do this please let me know.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deskp

There will be guys shouting before they shoot, then the redcoats shoot, then you run.

It works in theory, but I had some trouble the first time aswell.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By huntad

I timed it with the muzzle shots and bullet impacts against the cover and made it through without being hit. I moved as soon as the flashes went off. I agree that this mission specifically doesn't explain itself well. I've had no problem with the rest of the game though, and rather enjoy not being specifically told how to do something.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mister_V

@huntad said:

I timed it with the muzzle shots and bullet impacts against the cover and made it through without being hit. I moved as soon as the flashes went off. I agree that this mission specifically doesn't explain itself well. I've had no problem with the rest of the game though, and rather enjoy not being specifically told how to do something.

I agree that I don't want the game to hand hold me either. But if they are not going to hand hold you then the common sense approach (run after the flashes/impacts) should work 100% and it does not. Which leads to player getting annoyed because they think they are doing the right thing (and they are) but they are not getting a consistent response from the game.

Sarge506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sarge506

Agreed. It's a very poor part of the game with regards to the fact that it's difficult to tell when to run and it seems such a waste of what could be a potentially epic setpiece. I was hoping it would be on par with the battle in Spain at the end of Brotherhood but apparently not

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

Oh yeah that part was really annoying, so was the assassination after it, took me like a half hour to realize I had to jump from a specific tree to a flagpole, then air assassinate the guy.

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

This was my least favorite moment of the game due to the reasons listed above, but that was easily replaced by a mission in New York where you have to chase a man through the streets, and it turns into you chasing him around for an endless amount of laps unless you manage to locate the shortcut which isn't obvious from the start. Spend 10 minutes just chasing him in circles. Stupid, pointless quest.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By gaminghooligan

@MstrMnyBgs: yes! I chased that idiot around for like ten laps, I would kill him and fail the mission so I assumed he would lead me some where, turns out you have to tackle him.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Barrock

That mission may have pushed me into giving up 100% synchronization for all the missions. It took me awhile but I did everything 100% perfect and air assassinated him. Mission ends and it informs me I had been caught or didn't air assassinate him. Oh what the fuck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.