Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

The Lesson Behind The Assassin's Creed Series (Possible Spoilers)

iAteBillyMays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iAteBillyMays

So I just finished Assassin's Creed 3 and I am a little shocked that they decided to end it how they ended it. I was not expecting Desmond to die and I was not expecting for the world to be fucked by Juno. Was there a lesson behind all of this? The only thing I could gather was that the lesson of this series was to coexist with your neighbor. I feel like Ubisoft wanted this game to translate to a lesson for us to learn for a modern time, such as our presidential election. Now is a time more than ever that our political parties need to cooperate as one to solve issues in this country and in the world. Minerva mentioned that we were too late because of the thousands of years of conflict between the Templars and Assassains and the entire game revolved around alternative views with the same goal in mind. What do you guys think?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I'd say that there was very much a philosophical point that the series started with. As flippant as this may sound, it's probably "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." The idea that there is no destiny, no god, only you and how you choose to act. Then again, there's also the opposing Templar view which takes on a far more pragmatic tone that I feel the majority of people agree with. The idea that people are dumb, that they need to be shepherded by the few wise among us, and that if left to our own devices we'd devolve into territorial animals.

I think ultimately what you get out of Assassin's Creed and its apparent philosophy depends on you as a person.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Klei

I think whatever lesson they tried to give us is now lone gone under too many (useless) sequels and spin-offs that propelled the storyline into an oversized mess.

The one lesson I had from AC1 was that everybody you killed had their motives, and in the end, they weren't evil and made you doubt your acts. As for the rest, well uh... beware of december 21ts of 2012 because we're going to get Mayan'd multi-killed?

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By thomasnash

Possible spoilers?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.