Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

The steelbook for this game is all kinds of messed up

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WalkerD

I purchased the "steelbook edition" from Amazon. The steelbook they sent still has the "rating pending" ESRB logo on the bottom left, and only has room for one disc, while the game comes on two discs. Did no one think this one through? Are they just sending out promotional cases that they had laying around or what?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By awesomeusername

I'll be glad to take it off your hands!

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WalkerD

@awesomeusername: If I can sit it on my shelf with just the spine visible, it still holds some minor value to me.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By awesomeusername

@WalkerD said:

@awesomeusername: If I can sit it on my shelf with just the spine visible, it still holds some minor value to me.

I promise you it doesn't fit! Give it to me!!!!!!!! (I'm joking btw)

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By donkeycow

Wtf.... I can sort of understand the ESRB logo, but it can't even hold the game it's meant for? What the fuck is the point of it then?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By TheHBK

I would assume that those are just steelbooks left over from people preordering them. I preordered a copy for my friend as a gift and got the steelbook, so of course it would have the RP on the rating. But if I would guess that the steel books are actually deep and you can place both discs into the one slot. That is how the first steel book I ever got, the one for Halo 2 did it. Both the game disc and special features disc were in the same hole thingy.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By C0V3RT

At least you got yours. Amazon/UPS lost my order while it was in-transit.

After exchanging emails with them, they've refunded me the price of the game but don't have any of the steelbooks anymore. Thus, we compromised on an additional $20 (average price on eBay) refund so I could purchase one through a third party.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WalkerD

@TheHBK: Regardless of whether it was a preorder bonus or not, it really shouldn't have a rating pending logo on the box and not have room for both the discs. Hell, it's a steelbook, it doesn't need an ESRB logo at all. Also the idea of packing two discs into one slot makes me incredibly squeamish.

@C0V3RT: Bummer, at least you'll still be getting your game with the steelbook at no additional cost. Glad to see Amazon still has some alright customer service.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Barrock

I pre-ordered a long time ago when they were promising those. I changed my order to the Encyclopedia edition after confirming with an Amazon employee that I'd still get the steel book.

I didn't. :(

I still love Amazon though. They are the best.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By MEATBALL

The one that came with my Freedom edition was fine, no extra labelling outside of Assassin's Creed III and a spindle for each disc. Super dodge that the one from the US (or at least that particular offer) is crap.

Sarge506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sarge506

I preordered from HMV in the UK which gets you the steelbook edition.

When I picked it up they gave me a normal copy of the game in the normal box and an empty steelbook. Not quite what I was expecting!

erik_wolff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By erik_wolff

I keep the single player in the Steelbook and the MP in the normal AC3 box.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Silver-Streak

I'm going to take a guess that, like the exclusive story content for the PS3, and Ubisoft showing off multiple PS3 gameplay sessions first (including the reveal), that the steelbook is designed for the PS3 edition.

I am guessing, though.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By AssInAss

@Sarge506 said:

When I picked it up they gave me a normal copy of the game in the normal box and an empty steelbook. Not quite what I was expecting!

lolwtf

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By briangodsoe

@Eujin said:

I'm going to take a guess that, like the exclusive story content for the PS3, and Ubisoft showing off multiple PS3 gameplay sessions first (including the reveal), that the steelbook is designed for the PS3 edition.

I am guessing, though.

It's also possible that the game was not planned to be on two discs at the time that the steelbook was made available. I have the same problem but I haven't decided what to do yet. I'll either find a paper sleeve for the MP disc or leave the MP disc in the regular box and steelbook the SP disc.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#16  Edited By yevinorion

I didn't realize the 360 version was even on 2 discs, that sucks for the steel book. The one I got was the same as the TC, with RP at the bottom and only one disc slot, but that seems fine for my PS3 copy.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

You got the wrong steelbook. That was the preorder one they had months and months ago. The new one doesn't have the ESRB logo on it at all. I don't know about the disc slots though as I own it on PS3 and it's on one disc anyways.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By Deusoma
    @Sarge506 said:

When I pre-ordered from an EB Games in Canada, they just handed over the steelbook right then and there, and this was back in June. Then, when I went to pick up the game last Tuesday, lo and behold, it was a normal copy of the game inside the normal box. I don't really mind, honestly, given how much better the art on the front of the metal case is than on the "real" cover. Like the OP, though, my case has the RP rating in the corner and only space for one disc inside. Haven't tried putting them both in there at once, though.
    Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Reminds me if when Lost Odyssey couldn't hold all four of its discs and came with a sleeve.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ducksworth

So does the steelbook come with the game or something? Cause it seems kinda cheap

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.