The Tyranny of King Washington AC3 DLC Is not very good.

#1 Edited by PCWV (105 posts) -

It cost £7.99 and it was about 3-4 hours long, but it felt very much like the first 3-4 hours of a new Assassins Creed game, in that it was half tutorial and very little development of the storyline. I thought it was slow to notice the changes in the 'timeline' and almost all of the levels felt twice as long as they needed to be (ie. a turret sequence where you shoot squads of guys coming up a hill) and more follow missions. I did like the new abilities you get in it but there is far too little free roam opportunity to use them in any kind of open world sense.

Has anyone played it yet, what do you guys think?

#2 Edited by BisonHero (6159 posts) -

Haven't played it, but isn't this a weird multi-part DLC thing? I'm guessing that's the reason it feels like the first 3-4 hours of a new AC game, is because all 3 (I think?) parts of this DLC, when combined, will almost act like a mini-standalone game thing?

#3 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Considering AC III wasn't very good, this doesn't surprise me.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13135 posts) -

Indeed. I wish I had the drive to tough it out and finish ACIII, but it's just... so god damn boring. I actually really like the concept behind King Washington, but I doubt I'll check it out.

#5 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

@joshthebear said:

Indeed. I wish I had the drive to tough it out and finish ACIII, but it's just... so god damn boring. I actually really like the concept behind King Washington, but I doubt I'll check it out.

Don't. It could get better, I dont know, but so far it still has the same terrible mission design of AC 3 (surprise) but it's only made slightly better cuz of the overpowered invisibility cloak thing/calling spirit wolves.

That stuff may sounds cool but getting that power was probably worse than doing some of the poor missions in the retail game. If there's one thing I can say I like about it is the story setup of all this and some of the cutscenes.

#6 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

Also here's the high level of polish that AC 3 got applied to the DLC.

The guy in the middle with shit textures should be dead on the ground with puncture wounds.

#7 Posted by PCWV (105 posts) -

@bisonhero: Yeah it is, which is why I felt a bit bummed out when it started to get into it just to say to be continued...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.