Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

The Unspeakable Genius of Assassin's Creed 3 (SPOILERS)

Redhorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Redhorn

what if assassin's creed 3's focus on connor's naivete, his foolish hope in the colonists and his dwindling faith in america was all a big meta-narrative of the player's own crushed hope and increasing pain as they continue through the game alongside him

connor leaves the animus as we shift focus to ourselves, the players, as we die alongside him, denied catharsis as we are served up the wackest fucking ending i have ever played five games to earn

FIVE GAMES, UBISOFT

I FEEL LIKE I JUST ROLEPLAYED THE TRAIL OF TEARS

Artso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Artso

I would argue that the genius of AC is its environments. Exploring and watching a piece of history, even if it is not historically correct. I actually liked Connor and Haytham. Connor was pretty badass. The writing was sharp. I guess I don't care that much about an ending when I enjoy 20 hours of the game. That and the fact that I never liked Desmond and hated the Animus part. Why even have it in your games? You play as Desmond so little in the series (especially in this game) so why? A really bad sci-fi plot that I wish the series never had. They even overlook it themselves, "or you can go back into the Animus", as soon as you leave it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.