Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

They look weird......

Sombrero_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sombrero_Ninja

Like 15 mins in and this is gonna take some getting used to....the character models look strange....like they're redesigns..and why does desmond not have the scar?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Rafaelfc

Desmond did look super weird in Revelations... curious to see how he looks in III

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nottle

@Sombrero_Ninja: Did you play Revelations? Everyone looked sort of off in that game.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pezen

They seem to reimagine how faces look in every damn game, it's ridiculous. Also, Desmond does have the scar.

Ps. What's up with the overly preachy, cards on the table, let's explain everything intro? That was almost worse than the face change.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By firecracker22

Desmond's scar is there.

Revelations, for me, was where the faces got really weird. Just, like...deformed. Subject 16 looked weird to me, and Desmond's beard through me for a loop. Then again, Lucy's face was always that way for me too.

In what I've seen so far, Desmond looks fine. But, the others? Ehhh. His dad looks really weird to me. I think a different team must work on the Desmond stuff than the ones that work on the period stuff.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vikingdeath1

The only issue i'm having is with Desmond's face, I actually think most of the faces in the game look really good, and it's not that Desmond looks "Bad" per-se, he just looks SO DIFFERENT!

nathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By nathos

I don't know why they couldn't just stick with the II/Brotherhood models. They looked pretty good, and had a bit of a stylized look to them.

Desmond looks weird, Rebecca too.

Also: anyone notice that there's no lip-synching outside of cutscenes? Look at the mouths moving outside of the Animus when Desmond talks to Rebecca/Shaun/Desmon's Dad. It's pretty horrible.

RAMBO604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RAMBO604

The new art style looks fine after you adjust to it. Its just weird they would suddenly change the style five games deep into a franchise. What really bugs me and a guess it makes sense given his heritage as a Native American but I don't like that Connor is not just Desmond's character model in a different time period. I never saw it as all of Desmond's ancestor's looked like him, in my mind it made sense that the Animus would project the person as being themselves as their ancestor.

Regardless of fiction reasons it just struck me as inconsistent to suddenly change this small detail that not a lot of people probably never considered.

Jahbu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jahbu

LOL yeah I noticed that a while back in the previews. I guess you just gotta get used to it I guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.