TV Commercials ALREADY??

#1 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Primetime commercials for a late October game in March? What the fuck is happening? I guess Ubi is betting real big on this 'thang...

#2 Posted by Commisar123 (1791 posts) -

Yeah I was surprised to see them too, but I guess they just want to get ahead of the curve

#3 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

Make money get paid yo

#4 Posted by c_rakestraw (844 posts) -

Commercials? Now? What are they thinking? It's way too early for a marketing push.

#5 Posted by Sackmanjones (4689 posts) -

Well my roommate who has never played an assassins creed game says he's planning on getting it because of the commercial. So it appears to be working

#6 Posted by JeanLuc (3579 posts) -

And yet, still no games coming out this summer when I actually have some free time. Sigh...

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14372 posts) -

They did the same with AC2. The AC2 ones were really cryptic for a while. They were just a 2 second flash on screen of the AC logo for a while. Then they added a URL that redirected to assassinscreed.com. Then they added more. It was like some sort of viral TV advert campaign. It's pretty common for companies to start advertising games months and months before they come out now. It seems pretty pointless to me (I blogged about it last year, here), but maybe I'm not in marketing for a reason.

#8 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

I preordered it for that case so it worked.

#9 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

People still watch tv with commercials!?!

:P

#10 Posted by Landon (4139 posts) -

The said this they will be putting a massive amount of marketing behind this game.

#11 Posted by GaspoweR (2961 posts) -

They did that a lot with Max Payne 3 late last year.

#12 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

ESPN has ALL the AC III ads.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.