Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Where Should Assassin's Creed Go Next?

• 81 results
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#51  Edited By project343

@MikkaQ: See, the story in Brotherhood is my favourite in the whole series. Just a nice concise story of Ezio building alliances to take out the Borgia family within a singular environment. They do a spectacular job introducing why you should hate them, then do a great job spotlighting each member.

I never really connected with Rodrigo. I think they played the mystery card up a bit too much, and almost didn't give you enough of him as a character. And Assassin's Creed 2 spans too great a length of time, as does the actual gameplay time. It's exhausting and unnecessarily long-winded.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By BaneFireLord

Space and your hidden blade is now a lightsaber.

Hyunickel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Hyunickel

@Silvergun said:

I'd love to see a Jack the Ripper era Victorian London. Surprise twist, you are Jack the Ripper and your 'victims' are Templars! Setting would be perfect of AC style gameplay too.

OMG yes how did I miss that! Would be brilliant. Utterly Brilliant.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Phatmac

We should probably wait and see what happens after AC3 in order to guess correctly. I'd still like to see a Japan AC game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@project343 said:

@MikkaQ: See, the story in Brotherhood is my favourite in the whole series. Just a nice concise story of Ezio building alliances to take out the Borgia family within a singular environment. They do a spectacular job introducing why you should hate them, then do a great job spotlighting each member.

I never really connected with Rodrigo. I think they played the mystery card up a bit too much, and almost didn't give you enough of him as a character. And Assassin's Creed 2 spans too great a length of time, as does the actual gameplay time. It's exhausting and unnecessarily long-winded.

I also loved Brotherhood and I think the Tomb and linear segments are also another strong part to mention in that game. I quite enjoyed those moments.

Hyunickel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Hyunickel

@Phatmac: I don't get why the devs shy away from the Japanese setting. Now I know they want a more challenging location or time period but the history of Japan is so broad that there are tons of untouched sections in its history.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By Ravenlight

@Kerned said:

They need to either wrap that shit up with 3, or completely mix things up for the next one.

So I say they go to the future! Moon Base Templars!

I came here to say this. I'm glad you guys are on the ball.

LordAltmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LordAltmer

I hope that 3 ends the series, but as its a money printing machine for Ubi I guess its not likely to happen.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#59  Edited By Dagbiker

Sounds like III is going to be the last game for Desmond, so any sequels will probably be a new bloodline.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If 3 isn't the last of the Desmond bloodline series, then there's very little chance of them going back in time as opposed to forward. Each game thus (from 1, to 2 to 3 not counting the spin-offs) has jumped about 200 to 350 years in time, which would put and eventual AC4 at present day.

Anyways, AC is not going to just end anytime soon.

jrodrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By jrodrz

Considering the American Revolution was in the 18th century, all those settings you mention wouldn't be coherent to the series' tendency of going forward. Anyway, I think this should be the last Assassin's Creed. As a devote fan who has played every game in the console series, it pains me to say this, but I don't want this amazing franchise to turn into another Call of Duty, which unfortunately, it's starting to happen.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62  Edited By gaminghooligan

@thebatmobile: yep said it before I could. Ninja is the obvious go to.

Also I would love to see an AC in WW1

MDFetterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By MDFetterman

Seems like they're going chronologically now, which is... unfortunate. It would have been nice if they could have done some alternate side missions in feudal Japan in the early 1600s (probably wouldn't be big enough for a stand-alone game). Hell... if they needed a connection to a blood relative for storyline - you could just rationalize it as "Last Samurai" style intro in which a western character is somehow integrated.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#64  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Where should it go? The land of franchises that stopped when they should have. Where will it go? At least one more spinoff starring Connor, and at some point there will be aliens and obvious pot-shots at religion.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By redbliss

The future

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66  Edited By PandaBear

Hell. Seriously. Or space. More seriously. Or near my house. Less seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The border of France and Germany in World War I. I REALLY want a WWI game, and I feel like AC would do it justice.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Whoever said the 80's hit on a good idea. An AC game set in the 80's would be pretty cool.

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PokeIkzai

I don't think there's much of a problem with going back in time some. Isn't AC3 suppose to finish the current storyline? Maybe we'll get a new protagonist and that will allow them to use an earlier time period. Anyhow I do think an ancient China setting would be very cool.

tsiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By tsiro

For reasons that I can't really explain, I would be really disappointed if AC went to Japan/China/etc. With all of the ninja/assassin-type stories and opportunities, it would almost seem lazy on their part. Sure, they could probably do some cool stuff there, but I'd much rather see them explore somewhere completely unexpected. And, as such, I don't really have any ideas.

yesac2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By yesac2004

Industrial Revolution era England. After watching Sherlock Holmes 2 all I could think of was an Ass Creed in the same setting.

Avatar image for the_evergrey_one
    The_Evergrey_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By The_Evergrey_One

Japan during the Meiji Restoration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiji_Restoration

It would move the series forward in time to 1868 and it would give a chance to show off Japan while staying away from the obvious and usually used feudal period. The shogunate is crumbling, westerners are showing up and there's lot's of chances for political intrigue.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Ramone

@Chavtheworld said:

Away.

Literally exactly what I was going to type.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By phrosnite

It should go on the bench for like 3 years.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

India. 

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#76  Edited By Ghostiet

@Berezov said:

@Berezov said:

WORLD WAR 2.

NAZI TEMPLARS.

Templar everyone. In the AC universe, WWII was arranged by Hitler, Churchill, Stalin and Roosevelt. This is why WWII will never happen.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By kindgineer

I want to see a future Assassin's Creed that isn't concerned about the past. It's getting a bit annoying how every single sci-fi adventure has some bull-shit in the past that completely destroys the structure of an intelligent future.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By SeanFoster

Now that I've played the third one I change my answer to "on vacation for a few years"

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#79  Edited By penguindust

Divided Germany pre-Berlin Wall might be interesting. Assassins having to cross back and forth between the NATO and Warsaw Pact controlled zones climbing around destroyed Berlin could be cool. Knocking off Templars who are CIA and KGB while being pursued by both of those organizations plus the occasional Nazi straggler.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Mars_Cleric said:

@Berezov said:

WORLD WAR 2.

I was just thinking there should be more games set in World War 2, would make a nice change

They said they would never set a game during WW2 because it's to black and white 
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mutha3
    @project343 said:

@MikkaQ:  And Assassin's Creed 2 spans too great a length of time, as does the actual gameplay time. It's exhausting and unnecessarily long-winded.

Yup. The side stuff also isn't nearly as varied  or elaborate as Brotherhood. Brotherhood had whole unique areas dedicated to its side-mission stuff, AC2 just had rehashes of main story missions that involved you fulfilling the same tasks, like, 8 times.

I think Ezio is a shitty character, so I didn't really like either game's story that much.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By mutha3
    @Ghostiet said:

@Berezov said:

@Berezov said:

WORLD WAR 2.

NAZI TEMPLARS.

Templar everyone. In the AC universe, WWII was arranged by Hitler, Churchill, Stalin and Roosevelt. This is why WWII will never happen.

Eh. There are plenty of group they can awkwardly connect the assassins too. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.