Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed III

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

The fifth console entry in the Assassin's Creed franchise. It introduces the half-Native American, half-English Assassin Connor and is set in North America in the late eighteenth century amid the American Revolutionary War.

Your favorite Assassin?

• 62 results
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By handlas

I've been meaning to ask this since Ryan keeps saying on the podcast that Connor is not a character people would accept for multiple games like they did with Ezio. Who do you prefer? Altair, Ezio, or Connor (or Desmond...who would say that tho)?

The reason I bring it up is because I like Connor a lot. Probably the most out of them. He's very no nonsense, and he's completely brutal when he kills doods. I love the animation of him chopping down guys 3 times with his tomahawk.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Why wouldn't you make this a poll...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By handlas

Never made a poll before so I didn't know how. Feel free to make a new one if ya want.

mmm I see in the main forum part you can choose "create a poll instead" but that option was not there when I create a topic in this forum.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I liked Ezio in AC2. From what I played of Brotherhood I was done with the character. I don't remember much about Alteir. Conner is decent I guess. Kinda a one note character.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By solidwolf52

Connor just felt blank to me. He was just told what to do and he did it. Ezio was on a more personal mission that i cared more about. I mean maybe over a couple of games they could flesh him out more, but as of now I'm pretty indifferent to Connor.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Morrow

Haven't played as Connor yet, but to me Altair has the most personality.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By handlas

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I liked Ezio in AC2. From what I played of Brotherhood I was done with the character. I don't remember much about Alteir. Conner is decent I guess. Kinda a one note character.

I guess playing as Ezio for 3 games in a short period of time might be why I was tired of him and ready for a new character like Connor. I liked the scene with him and Paul Revere where he keeps touching him on the shoulder and Connor keeps giving him the evil eye. Good change of pace between characters.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By laserbolts

Altair. He seemed the most badass out of the three.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By pyrodactyl

If you consider homestead mission for AC3, I would say it's an Ezio/Connor tie.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mercutio123

Ezio was awesome. But Connor I liked a hell of a lot more by the end of the game then I did at the beginning, when he was just irritating. However.

HAYTHAM WAS AN ABSOLUTE BADASS. I know he was a templar, but the interplay between him and Connor was the best part of the game. And he was British. That's a win for me.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Vorbis

Haytham.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By handlas

oh no abort abort! That's too spoilery.

I thought about mentioning him but ya... the revelation about him was awesome tho. If we are talking about favorite characters... I'm not very far but one of the first guys in the game that ends up being a bad guy is awesome. I thought he looked creepy as hell as the beginning and I'm so happy he ended up not being on your side. They messed up his hair and stuff when you play as Connor to make him look even creepier (that should probably indicate who I'm talking about).

Onkel_Apan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Onkel_Apan

is it ok to say Agent 47?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic

It will always be Utta-er for me

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I think Connor is a great character, and it's interesting seeing feel out of place among the colonists.

Never liked Ezio, always thought he was kind of douchey.

Don't remember much about Altair.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Altair I guess, I haven't played 3 yet, but I never really Ezio.

VikG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VikG

Ezio Auditore Da Firenze has to be my favourite from the series so far, maybe it has to do with him having the most fleshed out storyline (which spans 3 games!) & the excellent Italian voice acting (which was superb imho), along with the European setting, although I did like Altair & playing a game set in the Middle East

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deskp

I like Connor, he's fun when hes angry. Need another game with him though. just perhaps not 2...

xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By xxizzypop

As much as I hate to admit it, looking back, it was definitely Ezio. I thought he was kind of douchey, and that the tone set in the ACII chronicles was just, kind of off for some reason. But now, getting back into a game in the franchise that doesn't have a kind of cheeky character, I realize how much I miss the flamboyance and bombast. Connor is functioning much in the same way Altair did, and I'm finding neither of them to be super compelling. Competent, well-utilized, but nothing special. That could hinge just as much on the supporting cast though. Connor is just surrounded by assholes and dudes that are far too serious, whereas Ezio had Da Vinci and a few others that made it seem like he have, y'know, friends, and be capable of something other than a gruff attitude and burying a blade to the hilt in his enemies.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By project343

Ezio from Revelations was my favourite. There was something refreshing about not being a spry young man. The game itself sucked, but there were some narrative beats that I thought were spectacularly well executed (particularly his relationship with Sofia). While I enjoy his cocky, flamboyant AC2 self, I think the Revelations Ezio was far more refreshing.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By overnow

I was completely fine with both Ezio (I never played Brotherhood or Revelations) and Connor, I think I would take Ezio between the two of them but not by too much. Also I really enjoyed Haytham.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Revan_NL

My vote goes to Ezio, even though I was done with the character after Brotherhood

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Loki9876

I really liked Connor at the end of the game and do the homestead missions. I liked Ezio too and I never realy got attached to altair.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lord_Xp

I wish Connor would show a little bit more emotion about something. He didn't seem to get angry, sad, or happy about anything. Just kind of followed rules and that's about it.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ares42

@Vorbis said:

Haytham.

This. If they're gonna make any AC3 spin-offs it should definitely be a Haytham prequel.

Also, I've never really agreed with the Ezio love. He just seemed too much of a nice guy to me.

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Silvergun

Wan't Bartolomeo an Assassin? If so, Bartolomeo!

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thomasnash

@solidwolf52 said:

Connor just felt blank to me. He was just told what to do and he did it. Ezio was on a more personal mission that i cared more about. I mean maybe over a couple of games they could flesh him out more, but as of now I'm pretty indifferent to Connor.

A lot of people have been saying this. I don't know how much of the side stuff you've played, and even then I'd say this is a pretty valid opinion, but I feel like the perception of Connor as "blank" is more the fault of the wider storytelling than anything else. Like, moment to moment it's very difficult to see how the things Connor does and is told to do fit into the whole story, and indeed how they fit in to Connors character and his goals. It felt like they were more interested in jamming in major events from the American Revolution than explaining how they related to Connor trying to save his village, or the Templars, or the precursor site, or the key that is the reason Desmond is looking at this stuff in the first place.

But I think during some of the side stuff, particularly the homestead missions, you get a much more rounded picture of his character, the line he straddles between naive and peaceful and vengeful and brutal, but also particularly his devotion to community over brotherhood, where he is a counterpoint against Achilles, whose only community was the brotherhood of assassins, the destruction of which has left him a recluse, and Haytham - the building of the homestead is a nice mirror of Haytham's building of the brotherhood of Templars in the first few sequences, but where Haytham demands that Charles Lee devote his entire self to it (achieving our goals "at the expense of all else"), where his disregard for the desires of his brethren leads to Church's betrayal, Connor builds a community by attending to the needs of those within it. You might argue that the homestead is different to the brotherhood, but I think you see this to an extent in the way liberation missions play out, compared to how they did in previous games; where rescued people would swear themselves into Ezio's service, Connor helps the people of the various districts, and in return local community leaders offer help (they generally say that if Connor needs something they'll help). I suppose this is Connors downfall to a certain extent, his willingness to help the patriots on the basis that they will help him achieve his goals, when in fact they run counter to it.

Personally, I think Connor might be supposed to represent the purest ideals of the revolution, of manifest destiny, freedom and justice, the idea that people can build something in the new world and prosper from it. While the patriots notionally stand for these, as time wears on it becomes apparent that its a facade.

OK, so I'm making it sound a lot more cohesive and coherent than it actually is, and I think a lot of people will say that they don't see it. That's probably fair; I suppose. The potential for this type of reading probably doesn't make up for the various ways in which this game fails...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By handlas

@Ares42 said:

@Vorbis said:

Haytham.

This. If they're gonna make any AC3 spin-offs it should definitely be a Haytham prequel.

Also, I've never really agreed with the Ezio love. He just seemed to much of a nice guy to me.

But there is a problem there. The question was who is ur favorite Assassin. Unless something happens in the story that im not aware of

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jay_ray

John Wilkes Booth's head (in a jar)

Lincoln Force GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ares42

@handlas: well, this is gonna be more spoilerish than I wanted to be (although I doubt anyone that reads this haven't already played the game), but a prequel of Haytham as an assassin would be completely within canon. You might've missed something if you don't realize that :P

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
    ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

Ezio. He's also one of my favorite characters from this generation.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Option number 4, he was an Assassin at some point and therefore is one in my heart. Also Al Mualim is still a boss and Cam Clarke is a fucking awesome voice actor.

cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cclemon36

@project343 said:

Ezio from Revelations was my favourite. There was something refreshing about not being a spry young man. The game itself sucked, but there were some narrative beats that I thought were spectacularly well executed (particularly his relationship with Sofia). While I enjoy his cocky, flamboyant AC2 self, I think the Revelations Ezio was far more refreshing.

While Ezio isn't my favourite of the Assassins, old Ezio is in my opinion the best version of that character. In addition to the points you mentioned, I liked the fact that he was digging deep into the history of the brotherhood, trying to understand where they came from (kind of going at the whole assassin thing backwards).

Altair is my favourite of the series, he was born into the brotherhood (didn't just come across a blade and start stabbing dudes), more or less understood what he was doing, and was ruthless about it.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By themangalist

I really liked Altair's redemption. I still haven't played ACIII yet, but he sounds like a dude I'd really dig. I kinda dislike Ezio, and he had three entire games.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By InternetCrab

Ezio Auditore Da-fucking-Firenze because of his personal vendetta and fleshed-out personality, which can't compete with Altaïr or Connor.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I really like the origin story of Connor plus the Karate Kid inspired training was pretty great. But Ezio was pretty much Italian Batman and that always wins.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#37  Edited By metalsnakezero

Ezio will always be the best character. Still Connor is more complex since he has to deal with conflicts of what is right or wrong. He a better character to work with than Altair was at first since your with Connor from the beginning of his journey.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By nightriff

Altair is still my favorite, Ezio is good but the love he gets from people (like my friends) is just ridiculous. Altair mainly because he could actually kill someone and escape where Ezio has to make it a spectacle, in other words he is a bad assassin. Haven't played 3 yet, next year is when I hope to get around to it.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By johncallahan

Ezio. One of my favorite characters of all time.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By InternetCrab

@Nightriff said:

Altair is still my favorite, Ezio is good but the love he gets from people (like my friends) is just ridiculous. Altair mainly because he could actually kill someone and escape where Ezio has to make it a spectacle, in other words he is a bad assassin. Haven't played 3 yet, next year is when I hope to get around to it.

In ACII, Brotherhood and Revalations you can be sneaky if you want to.

briangodsoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By briangodsoe

Ezio for Assassin as he is one charming motherfucker. Haytham for most interesting villain however. He made up for the one note nature of Charles Lee and made me just like Connor more.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CooVee

Ezio is the best hands down. Of course he had more development then the others but thats how it goes.

shadrox2810

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By shadrox2810

I would prefer Ezio from Revelations as well. I like it because its refreshing and its the only reason why i played Revelation i guess, just to see what Ezio does in the end. I have yet to get a taste on Altair but in someday, i would go back to Assassin creed 1.

I recently played AC3 and i don't really like Connor's character. Seems a little one-dimensional if you ask me. Nothing special, just following the orders of his leader. I don't know, maybe because i couldn't really connect to his character. The dude is far too serious and noble if you ask me.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mordukai

@laserbolts said:

Altair. He seemed the most badass out of the three.

I would like to second that.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Corvo

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#46  Edited By ahgunsillyo

I'm inclined to say Ezio. He arguably has more charisma and personality than the other two featured ancestors combined, and his actions established a significant legacy for both himself as an individual and the Assassin Brotherhood as a group and society.

However, finding out what happens next in Desmond's journey is one of the main reasons I've wanted to play the next Assassin's Creed game, so I'd say he's one of my favorite characters in the series, as well.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By Ghostiet

Ezio. His journey is one of the greatest character arcs in gaming.

However, I gotta say - Connor's voice actor is totally great.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By noremnants

@laserbolts: He is probably the most skilled assassin. I think Connor is the all around has the best fighting skills of the bunch. Ezio is the most interesting character IMO.

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By noremnants

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.