16 minutes of credits...

#1 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Unskippable. If you quit out of the game during the credits and start your single player game again it restarts the credits. OH COME ON. This is just painful.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10894 posts) -

Hey, when you put out a game that big every year, you need a lot of people. Would you rather those people not get credited for what they did? HM?!!?

#3 Posted by Landon (4137 posts) -

Make a sandwich. Go on the internet. I'll all be over soon.

#4 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

After you finish the game?

I ask because if it's before, then you have to watch them to make sure you don't miss anything but if it's after then you can just go do something else for a little while. Dig out an old Game Boy or something and play it for fifteen minutes. It's not going to kill you.

#5 Posted by BormahAl (68 posts) -

I remember I watched TV while waiting for them to pass. 

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Yea, I seem to remember Brotherhood having some pretty long credits, too.

#7 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Sixteen minutes is more than enough time to get some relief.

*ahem*

Hey, you guys into salmon?

#8 Posted by spiceninja (3056 posts) -

HEY! You show some respect to those hard working people who are churning out the same game year after year.

#9 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5141 posts) -

Six studios worked on that game. Six. Studios.

#10 Posted by Blackout62 (1337 posts) -

Is it weird that I very specifically remember switching to and from the AC:Rev credits to the first night of Desert Bus For Hope? Actually now that I think about it I was playing AC:Bro the first night of Desert Bus in 2010. Ubisoft stop releasing games concurrent with Desert Bus!

#11 Posted by dabe (299 posts) -

Nothing wrong with credits & that length in particular.

#12 Posted by Xolare (1279 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Six studios worked on that game. Six. Studios.

You see those warriors from Hammerfell? They've got curved swords. Curved. Swords.

#13 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@dabe said:

Nothing wrong with credits & that length in particular.

It was less the length and more the fact that I quite mid-way through and then they restarted. :(

#14 Posted by dabe (299 posts) -

@Barrock: Good point :o Still though, they really want you to acknowledge the people who worked on it!

#15 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

You've played through a Assassins' Creed game before, right?

#16 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@Dany said:

All of them. Did they do the same thing? I only noticed it with this one because I wanted to go back to the island to do the Desmond stuff.

#17 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Barrock said:

@Dany said:

All of them. Did they do the same thing? I only noticed it with this one because I wanted to go back to the island to do the Desmond stuff.

Heh, yeah. They have have insanely long credits. I find it fun to watch most of the time. Seeing names with the job titles.

#18 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@Landon said:

Make a sandwich. Go on the internet. I'll all be over soon.

#19 Posted by Nate (702 posts) -

I put my PS3 controller down, went to do some dishes. Came back several minutes later and the credits had paused because my controller was off. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!! KEEP ROLLING!

Ha. Ridiculous.

#20 Posted by groverat (135 posts) -

I did all the acknowledging I needed to do when I paid $50 for the game.

It is definitely annoying that 16 minutes of credits sit between you and game content you paid for. Imagine being forced to watch 36 straight TV commercials before you're allowed to watch an episode of a show you just bought off iTunes.

#21 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Its no Guitar Hero II

#22 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Its fucking 2012. A scroll button is necessary. And after credit stuff would be nice as well.

#23 Posted by TooWalrus (13161 posts) -

I'd have no problem tabbing over to the forums for a few minutes. Not sure why this is even an issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.