Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise and the final entry in Ezio Auditore's main storyline. A few levels also put players back in control of the original Assassin's Creed's Altair, and depict his rise to the Mentorship of the Crusades-era Brotherhood of Assassins.

Assassin's Creed III Speculations!

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By themangalist

Everytime an AC comes out people start threads about "what do you think the next game would be set in?" 

I'm waiting for the PC version, so I haven't played Revelations yet. Read this(Kotaku haters alert!), a bit spoilery, but basically it's an educated guess on the two possible settings in 3. Desmond in modern/near-future NY, or Shao Jun (from AC:Embers, the animated short) in 15th/16th century imperial China.  You know what, Desmond could go eat a tick, I'm totally down for a game set in China, in the full delicious historical detailed treatment from Ubisoft Montreal. It's a game I started imagining since II and god i hope it's true.

I think what most "Western" people think of when it comes to Asia is ninjas and Japan. It's been done far too many times. I've been studying Chinese history, along with world history, since my childhood. It is really really fascinating yet all we see on mainstream media is the bullshit stereotypes of the noodle-stashes and ninja swords. There has yet been a game that does the ancient Chinese setting justice... saddest thing is the closest attempt would be Bioware's Jade Empire, which is hardly historical accurate AND full of the stereotypes.

So, your thoughts? Would you want a AC game set in China?

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Double0hFor

wait, isn't Revelations the last game?

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By dietmango

@Double0hFor said:

It's supposedly the final Ezio chapter (Altair as well), and the series'll continue on with a new protagonist with every numbered AC game.

I don't know, I think they can still do feudal Japan with ninjas that seems interesting. I've always seen ninjas portrayed as having some sort of supernatural powers (and like you said, noodle stashes and ninja swords lol) and it'd be nice to portray them closer to a realistic sense (I hesitate to use that word even, but w/e.). But hey, China seems fun, because they have a history that many games haven't really explored, so it'd be nice to have something that people haven't done before. Also, judging from the animated short, there's the possibility that the new protagonist might be a female assassin. I'm down for that too.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Waffles13

The game HEAVILY implies NYC for AC3,

theredcoat24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By theredcoat24

My bet would be either 18th or 19th century United States

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By babblinmule
    @Waffles13

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus

I'd honestly prefer they stay away from Asia and focus more on the under-represented periods they've been sticking with so far. I wish I could come up with an idea for a location, but nothing comes to mind... although if you asked me before Assassin's Creed 2 came out, I would never have come up with renaissance Italy, either. I did like that rumor that it was going to be revolutionary France...

Emperor_Norton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Emperor_Norton

Eastern United States (New York, Boston and Philiadelphia) circa 1870-1880 with weapons designed by Nikola Tesla. There should never be an all-Desmond AC. The historical settings are one of the defining characteristics of the series.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Emperor_Norton said:

Eastern United States (New York, Boston and Philiadelphia) circa 1870-1880 with weapons designed by Nikola Tesla. There should never be an all-Desmond AC. The historical settings are one of the defining characteristics of the series.

Couldn't agree more, I will quit the series and not feel at all upset as soon as they stop the historical settings. Come to think of it, I really don't care about any of the Desmond story beats at all.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InsidiousTuna

The ending of the DaVinci Disappearance DLC for AC:B telegraphed pretty clearly that they're headed to upstate NYC, and the ending of Revelations did a little to explain why.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By themangalist
    @TooWalrus said:

I'd honestly prefer they stay away from Asia and focus more on the under-represented periods they've been sticking with so far. I wish I could come up with an idea for a location, but nothing comes to mind... although if you asked me before Assassin's Creed 2 came out, I would never have come up with renaissance Italy, either. I did like that rumor that it was going to be revolutionary France...

That's exactly why I typed up this post. Imperial China IS under-represented, as I said, the closest thing is Jade Empire. And it's full of stereotypical bullshit. If there's one game studio that could do historical settings right, it'd be Ubisoft Montreal.
    Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Masha2932

There is something about the world ending in 2012 in the Assassins creed universe so I guess AC 3 will be the end of Desmond's story.  

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By toowalrus

@themangalist said:

@TooWalrus said:

That's exactly why I typed up this post. Imperial China IS under-represented, as I said, the closest thing is Jade Empire. And it's full of stereotypical bullshit. If there's one game studio that could do historical settings right, it'd be Ubisoft Montreal.

I guess I don't have much knowledge about Chinese history- I mean, what's going to set it apart from stuff like Dynasty Warriors?

EDIT: I totally spelled Chinese wrong.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By themangalist
    @TooWalrus said:

@themangalist said:

@TooWalrus said:

I guess I don't have much knowledge about Chinese history- I mean, what's going to set it apart from stuff like Dynasty Warriors?

EDIT: I totally spelled Chinese wrong.

... sigh. Yip, Ubisoft Montreal please come save the day.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By toowalrus

@themangalist: Well excuse me princess, but the American public school system (or the New Zealand schools, for that matter) didn't exactly go over each Chinese dynasty in detail, I'd have to research that shit on my own and guess what- I just don't find it that interesting. You really shouldn't be surprised at people's ignorance of obscure, irrelevant history.

TengoJuego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TengoJuego

@Emperor_Norton said:

It'd be kind of difficult to constantly have him plug into an animus to retrieve the past, never BEING the character, wouldn't it? It seems like we'd constantly go round and round, with no conclusion, if we live through his ancestors.

I'm also uncertain of Desmond's current time having any parallel to what we know as modern day. Has there been anything definitively shown of it? We just get glimpses.

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By applet0n

@TooWalrus: Despite being someone who has lived in China for pretty much his whole life, I couldn't agree with you more.

Chinese history is dull and unimportant, mostly due to Chinese emperors shutting the entire nation off from the rest of the world. China wasn't relevant until the early 1940s when the Chinese Communist Party and Guomindang (the Nationalists) began to fight each other, and again that was only due to broader Cold War implications.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By white

@Waffles13 said:

The game HEAVILY implies NYC for AC3,
    what with extensive recollections of Desmond's time in NYC prior to his abduction, as well as the fact that while Zeus is showing the world map and talking about their Grand Temple it zooms in on the eastern seaboard.

So can we expect jumping off synchronization points into giant garbage dumps?

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CptBedlam

A French Revolution setting would fit best.

I just hope it isn't all modern Desmond. That'd be just boring.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shirogane

Whether or not AC3 is set there or not, Embers heavily points at there being more stuff set in China, and more stuff involving Shao Jun. That whole thing just felt like a teaser and reveal for her and the whole Chinese Assassins and Templars.

usgrovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By usgrovers

After the Desmond story is finished, you will find yourself being pulled out of an Animus. You will have been playing as an unknown character the whole time, reliving Desmond's memories.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lclay

Whatever the new setting, I hope it's a fair bit different from the previous games. I think they need to change things up a lot for the next one or things are going to get pretty stale.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By jimi

@usgrovers: WE NEED TO GO DEEPER

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#24  Edited By KowalskiManDown

I realise that Ubisoft will continue to milk this franchise for as long as they possibly can, but after the ending of Revelations... how can they go anywhere but modern day with Desmond as the main character?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Branthog

@Double0hFor said:

No, Revelations is Assassin's Creed 4, but there is still another one coming and I'm sure there will be several parts to it, so it'll probably end up being a six or seven part trilogy.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Barrock

Ubi sent a survey around. Asked about these possibilities.

• The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China
    • The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England
    • The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt
    • The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
    • The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution
    • The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution
    • The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan
    • The rise of Cesar's Empire in Ancient Rome
    Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Detrian

I don't know where the game is going to take place but I'm going to say I think Desmond got someone pregnant and they are going to go find that kid.

CaptMagic123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By CaptMagic123

Should I start playing Assassins Creed one before I move to Revelations, I already own AC2, and I want to play in order, is it worth hunting down a copy of the first AC, or just a waist of time?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Wuddel

@Barrock said:

Ubi sent a survey around. Asked about these possibilities.

• The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China
    • The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England
    • The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt
    • The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
    • The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution
    • The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution

I haven't gotten to playing Revelations yet. But all of these seme awesome. If the put AC ever into the USA post civil war they fucked up. I am coming to AC for the unusual locations with rich history. They should call it "Revolutions", make two playable characters set into the French and the communist revolution.

@CaptMagic123: I think it is worth playing. Critical path it though. The side stuff is boring. If you got a PS3, the Revelations disc comes with a copy of AC1.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By Vinny_Says

guys....the fucking solar flare is about to kill everyone. It's about time Desmond found that central vault and saved the second civilization. No doubt the ones who came before will have their own agenda and screw over Desmond in some way, but who isn't interested in finding what the hell is in that vault?

I loved ACR more than I perhaps should have, but it's about time AC3 came out and had Desmond as a playable character. Give me a million other spinoffs with the Chinese assassin order, the Norodnaya Volya, the turkish assassins, Qulan Gal in Mongolia, Darius in Persia, Amunet in Egypt, IItani in Babylon or Leonius in ancient Rome and I'll play them but really now...

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FilipHolm

i've been saying that AC3 wiII be aII Desmond since the second game came out. So that's what I beIieve it wiII be. I thin they couId puII it of... WouId Iove egypt though...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.