Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise and the final entry in Ezio Auditore's main storyline. A few levels also put players back in control of the original Assassin's Creed's Altair, and depict his rise to the Mentorship of the Crusades-era Brotherhood of Assassins.

Assassin's Creed - Multiplayer

mtmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By mtmckinley

I've been a big fan of Assassin's Creed since AC II, the debut of Ezio Auditore's story. The gameplay really grabbed my attention, and I really enjoyed the premise. Plus, the parkour elements are amazing. With each subsequent game, I've continued to enjoy it, despite the limited evolution of the gameplay. When AC: Brotherhood was announced with the addition of multiplayer, I wasn't interested at all. I used to be much better at multiplayer games, such as the old Unreal Tournament days. But with the console generations, I've lost my touch. I can't work the Playstation or Xbox controller nearly as well as I could a mouse and keyboard, so the multiplayer aspects of games like Call of Duty and Halo just never appealed to me.

So, when I heard the word "multiplayer" in association with AC: Brotherhood, my brain immediately hit the "ignore" button and I just played the single player game and enjoyed it very much!

I recently got AC: Revelations and, again was prepared to ignore the online aspects altogether and just enjoy the single player experience... which I did. Then, one day, purely on a whim, I thought, "why not?" and logged into AC: Rev's multiplayer and started playing.

I freaking love it! I'm not the greatest at it, rarely ranking any better then 2nd or 3rd if not 6th, but just the fact that I *can* rank in the top 3 sometimes without having to worry about my atrophied FPS skills, makes the AC multiplayer experience a breath of fresh air! I just wish I had started back when the game came out so that I could have experienced the game with a much larger community. Even so, for a 6 month old game, the community is still large enough that I'm able to find matches and I'm enjoying it immensely.

If any of you are like me, and love Assassin's Creed but felt like ignoring the multiplayer, I'd ask you to give it a try. You might be surprised. My new admiration for this gameplay has me chomping at the bit for AC III even more! I can't wait!

mtmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mtmckinley

I've been a big fan of Assassin's Creed since AC II, the debut of Ezio Auditore's story. The gameplay really grabbed my attention, and I really enjoyed the premise. Plus, the parkour elements are amazing. With each subsequent game, I've continued to enjoy it, despite the limited evolution of the gameplay. When AC: Brotherhood was announced with the addition of multiplayer, I wasn't interested at all. I used to be much better at multiplayer games, such as the old Unreal Tournament days. But with the console generations, I've lost my touch. I can't work the Playstation or Xbox controller nearly as well as I could a mouse and keyboard, so the multiplayer aspects of games like Call of Duty and Halo just never appealed to me.

So, when I heard the word "multiplayer" in association with AC: Brotherhood, my brain immediately hit the "ignore" button and I just played the single player game and enjoyed it very much!

I recently got AC: Revelations and, again was prepared to ignore the online aspects altogether and just enjoy the single player experience... which I did. Then, one day, purely on a whim, I thought, "why not?" and logged into AC: Rev's multiplayer and started playing.

I freaking love it! I'm not the greatest at it, rarely ranking any better then 2nd or 3rd if not 6th, but just the fact that I *can* rank in the top 3 sometimes without having to worry about my atrophied FPS skills, makes the AC multiplayer experience a breath of fresh air! I just wish I had started back when the game came out so that I could have experienced the game with a much larger community. Even so, for a 6 month old game, the community is still large enough that I'm able to find matches and I'm enjoying it immensely.

If any of you are like me, and love Assassin's Creed but felt like ignoring the multiplayer, I'd ask you to give it a try. You might be surprised. My new admiration for this gameplay has me chomping at the bit for AC III even more! I can't wait!

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By awesomeusername

I just bought the game last week for PS3 and I played about 2-3 matches. I wasn't good but I thought it was a bit fun and tense. I just beat the single player last night which was kind of lackluster but at least the ending explained some of that Minerva-Juno people/gods/whatever they are stuff. I'm going to start playing multiplayer though to see if it's something worth spending a lot of time on because I've been getting tired of multiplayer recently.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Baillie

The multiplayer is fun, but the people you rush around and just go for sheer number of kills ruins it for me.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

I loved the Brotherhood MP.
    Played a metric fuckton of it.
    Came in first almost half the time

But they changed the very delicate balancing act that was the MP and in Revelations, this:
    @Baillie said:

The multiplayer is fun, but the people you rush around and just go for sheer number of kills ruins it for me.
    Was no longer something practiced by noobs (or bored pro's) like it was in Brotherhood.
    It became the primary tactic to win even for the best of players.
    Completely ruined the slow and tense pace that was in Brotherhood MP.

It's too lenghty to go in too deep into the changes, but as net effect, patience and stealth no longer became as insentivised as they were before, enyone who wanted to top the charts started to exploit the shit out of game mechanics, leading to everyone running around 90% of the time.
    Sure you could still compete if you adopted to that style of play, i did it for a bit.
    But that style of play was not what attracted me to AC MP in the first place, so I stopped playing because it stopped being fun.
    mtmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mtmckinley

Just got to lvl 50 in ACR's multiplayer and I have to say, I'm seeing what you guys are talking about. I'm not sure if it's because of the match-making only putting me in groups of multi-prestiged level players or what, but you're right, everyone is insane at that level of play! Instead of getting in the top 4 like I was most of the time before hitting this threshold, I'm consistently in 8th place. Maybe I'm still a noob, but you're right, my enjoyment of the game has gone down considerably.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.