Assassin's Creed: Revelations Brings Ezio, Altair, And Desmond Together

• 160 results
Posted by patrickklepek (2204 posts) -

The whole Internet (yes, all of it) was pretty sure any real details about Assassin's Creed: Revelations would remain under wraps until someone (cough, Game Informer, cough) unveiled a magazine cover. That happened today, with the publication confirming a new Assassin's Creed is coming in November.

As the headline suggests, Assassin's Creed: Revelations brings gaming's favorite Italian ninja, Ezio, to the forefront for yet another adventure, promised to be his last. This time, he's climbing around Constantinople during the Ottoman Empire, while Desmond continues his exploits in the present. Curiously, Revelations will also bring Altair back into the fold, as hinted at by the viral marketing from this week.

Precious few details are available otherwise. Players will have access to a "new weapon and tool that changes the way you'll fight and traverse the world" and the surprisingly great multiplayer will return.

The world was skeptical Ubisoft could deliver another satisfying Assassin's Creed game so quickly when Brotherhood was announced--and, hey, that turned out rather awesome. While yet another tour of Europe with Ezio gives us pause--how else would Ubisoft be able to develop another one so fast?--Brotherhood's quality means I'm hopeful for this one, too. Luckily, we should learn plenty more really soon at E3.     

This may be the last time we see Ezio precariously hanging onto a ledge.
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (2204 posts) -

The whole Internet (yes, all of it) was pretty sure any real details about Assassin's Creed: Revelations would remain under wraps until someone (cough, Game Informer, cough) unveiled a magazine cover. That happened today, with the publication confirming a new Assassin's Creed is coming in November.

As the headline suggests, Assassin's Creed: Revelations brings gaming's favorite Italian ninja, Ezio, to the forefront for yet another adventure, promised to be his last. This time, he's climbing around Constantinople during the Ottoman Empire, while Desmond continues his exploits in the present. Curiously, Revelations will also bring Altair back into the fold, as hinted at by the viral marketing from this week.

Precious few details are available otherwise. Players will have access to a "new weapon and tool that changes the way you'll fight and traverse the world" and the surprisingly great multiplayer will return.

The world was skeptical Ubisoft could deliver another satisfying Assassin's Creed game so quickly when Brotherhood was announced--and, hey, that turned out rather awesome. While yet another tour of Europe with Ezio gives us pause--how else would Ubisoft be able to develop another one so fast?--Brotherhood's quality means I'm hopeful for this one, too. Luckily, we should learn plenty more really soon at E3.     

This may be the last time we see Ezio precariously hanging onto a ledge.
#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11378 posts) -

Neat-o!

#3 Posted by Agent47 (1892 posts) -
@Khormouz: jerf?
#4 Posted by fetchfox (1360 posts) -

This is kind of awesome. I love the idea of getting to play all three characters, and in the picture released Ezio looks so cool and distinguished with his grey beard. Love it.

#5 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

... and Kristen Bell. Even though... you know.

#6 Posted by Grimmy616 (411 posts) -

I FUCKING LOVE EZIO

#7 Posted by Blair (2531 posts) -

I still need to play Brotherhood.

#8 Posted by Little_Socrates (5711 posts) -

Actually, this fills me with hope, as it means we're getting ever closer to Assassin's Creed III actually being released on the day the game will begin in 2012. It probably won't be 72 days as there's another game in between and the whole thing is unlikely to happen in one day, but that actually does give me some hope.

Also, Constantinople? Shiiiiiit, that's awesome!
#9 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
" ... and Kristen Bell. Even though... you know. "
I don't! AHHHHH!! Just kidding, I do.
#10 Posted by Lizzie323 (13 posts) -

:D :D

#11 Posted by Getz (3154 posts) -

I might have to wait on my judgement of this one. On the one hand, I don't want to encourage more senseless annual sequel-ing. On the other, Brotherhood was pretty alright.

Then again, it was just Assassin's Creed 2 with good multiplayer. Color me skeptical on this one.
#12 Posted by DeadMonkeys (827 posts) -

Old man Ezio: Still stabbing dudes in the face and neck.

#13 Posted by Maajin (1085 posts) -

Ezio is becoming renaissance's Forrest Gump.

#14 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

This sounds great, I have yet to play Brotherhood but I'm gonna play it soon

Constantinople sounds like a great place to set it, been in Istanbul several times, have family there, and I can't wait to see what they do with it

Really want AC3 though...

#15 Posted by Getz (3154 posts) -

#16 Posted by HyperionXR (278 posts) -

More AssCreed is always good... but I do wish we were moving on past Ezio to a new timeframe.

#17 Posted by spankingaddict (2734 posts) -

Can't wait till E3!

#18 Posted by Undeadpool (4996 posts) -

This would actually be one instance where I wouldn't mind subtle iterations on the multiplayer. I don't want stuns to be easier (they're meant to punish your hunter for being sloppy, not for self-defense), I don't want a bunch of new modes, I don't want a massive overhaul, I just want it to look better and play better. Maybe have some of the perks be more useful.

#19 Posted by MX (247 posts) -

kinda want them to take a year off, but Constantinople sounds pretty awesome.

#20 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2161 posts) -
@Blair said:
" I still need to play Brotherhood. "
same.
#21 Posted by Branthog (5596 posts) -

AC is a fine series, but couldn't we have just kept it the fucking trilogy it was originally going to be? It's always so depressing when something is really good, but they can't help themselves and they just keep fucking beating it into the mother fucking ground until you're sick of hearing about it.

#22 Posted by ProfessorEss (7505 posts) -

I feel like I shouldn't be ready for more AC yet but here we are, and here I totally am.

#23 Posted by Brenderous (1103 posts) -

It's a bit too soon for me I think. I'd feel better if they had spent more time on it. Plus, I want to play as someone not Ezio. 

I dunno. I hope I look back at this comment and shake my head.
#24 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Want some milk?

#25 Posted by chickdigger802 (502 posts) -

uh... Ezio kinda got boring in brotherhood as a character.

Desmond was pretty much nothing since the first game.

Altair was meh.

And what's the point of playing all 3? They are pretty much a reskin of each other. Couldn't you kinda do that in 2 and brotherhood with goofy uplay unlock things?

#26 Posted by BABS (75 posts) -
@Grimmy616 said:
" I FUCKING LOVE EZIO "
^^

Haters are gonna hate, but I love Ezio and can't complain. 
#27 Posted by rmanthorp (4052 posts) -

The more Altair parts. The better.  B A M F

#28 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

I love everything about this idea. Literally everything.

#29 Posted by Marlowefire (155 posts) -

Yup. Not playing another one of these until I know it wraps up that bonkers storyline.

#30 Posted by Aaron_G (1617 posts) -

SO EXCITED!!! 

#31 Posted by Commisar123 (1798 posts) -

......and fuck this series still going to buy it but fuck this series

#32 Posted by OldGuy (1575 posts) -
@Getz: Fabulous! :-)
#33 Edited by damswedon (3201 posts) -

This peaked my interest.

while Desmond continues his exploits in the present.

Mostly because Desmond dropped into a coma at the end of Da Vinci's Disappearance.
#34 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -

I think i'm going to pass on this. I was not a big fan of brotherhood because it never changed the setting and felt like filler.
#35 Posted by gabha (357 posts) -

sup dawg I herd you like trilogies so I put a trilogy in ur trilogy so we can cash in while we cash in.

#36 Posted by AuthenticM (3801 posts) -

The new weapon will be some kind of hookshot, I'm calling it.

#37 Posted by MeatSim (10938 posts) -

They should take a year off.

#38 Posted by Poki3 (529 posts) -

Why just one city again? Doesn't anyone remember how varied the environments of AC2 were...
Also I couldn't care less about the multiplayer. For me it's just an annoyance that means I'll never have a Platinum.

#39 Edited by ZeroCrescent (77 posts) -

Remember Desmond, if you have a date in Constantinople, she'll be waiting in Istanbul.

#40 Posted by Beforet (2932 posts) -

This is good, I wanted to explore more of Altair's story. Though I'm wondering how they'll incorporate the gameplay changes of ACII and AC:B into the Altair parts. Leonardo made the second blade with Altair's notes, right?

#41 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3508 posts) -

Can't wait!!!!

#42 Posted by PrnceOfPwng (28 posts) -

So long to my National Treasure, Assassins Creed crossover. I was really hoping that they were heading to america and dealing with the free masons (that was my guess lol). 

#43 Posted by Krendol (15 posts) -

So this new tool, I'm hoping it's a grappling hook. Also what is coming out of his sleeve there?

#44 Posted by JeanLuc (3608 posts) -

I like Assassin's Creed so yeah, I'm ok with this.

#45 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I didn't expect a full blown game with Ezio as the lead. I wonder how the Altair stuff will work out but I am interested even if it does seem like they are stretching the story longer than it probably should go.

#46 Posted by hermes (1606 posts) -

I am getting a little tired of Ezio. The character and setting are good, but after Brotherhood I think the last thing I want is to return to it.

Its a pity they are going the way of "expansions" instead of fully fleshed sequels.
#47 Posted by Slaker117 (4843 posts) -

I don't really care what anymore, I'll buy anything that says "Assassin's Creed" until the game disappoints.

#48 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

Their stories will only end when they start making babies I guess.

#49 Posted by fillmoejoe (1469 posts) -

I was ready for Assassin's Creed 3 and the end of this Desmond's story but I'll check this out for the single player after that cliffhanger ending with AC: Brotherhood. I guess Ubisoft wants to take the Call of Duty route with a yearly iteration. Which sucks ass.

#50 Posted by BrianP (501 posts) -

I would be in to a story where ezio, altair and desmond all exist within the same "reality"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.