Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise and the final entry in Ezio Auditore's main storyline. A few levels also put players back in control of the original Assassin's Creed's Altair, and depict his rise to the Mentorship of the Crusades-era Brotherhood of Assassins.

"Assassins, Templars and Bears oh my!"

RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By RYU/BATMAN

We all know that Assassin's Creed: Revelations has released this week (Nov. 15, 2011). We also know that this is the final journey of Ezio Auditore and Altair. As we will (possibly) never revisit any of Desmond's ancestors ever again, as Assassin's Creed III (3 for all of those kids out there), will be coming out next year in 2012! However, we aren't talking about old Desmond right now, well maybe you are, but I ain't. AC: Revelations has really captured the moment of being Ezio one final time and I am very excited to be Altair before the epic story of AC III. NO SPOILERS ARE IN THIS ARTICLE!

Quick Recap of what has happened AC I - AC Brotherhood

Apples, always begins with apples!!!

Desmond was a bartender for the rich and famous in the United States and concealed his real identity from the Templars, or Abstergo, so that he could escape the responsibility of being an Assassin. While his plans fell through, Desmond was eventually captured through a fingerprint scan and taken by Abstergo to be forcibly placed in a machine called the Animus in Italy. Animus [singular] is a machine that is used to relive the memories of ancestors that are withheld in the strands of a person's DNA. Within Desmond's DNA, he saw that his entire history is filled with Assassins. Assassins are a group of people established in the holy land (Jerusalem) that are fixated on stopping the Templars from controlling the world through mind control and chaos. Desmond relived the memories of Altair Ibn La Ahad a 12th century assassin from the holy land who had discovered the apple of Eden; which was a key item for the Assassins to defeat the Templars. Next, he was Ezio Auditore, a 15th century Italian. Gaining more in depth detail about Ezio than Altair, Desmond relived Ezio's memories from being a rich playboy to a grief stricken assassin with a mission of vengeance, to finally a legendary grand master of the order of Assassins.

Eventually being contacted by the creators of the Apple of Eden. They told Desmond that a great disaster destroyed most of their species and also a whole lot of humans at the time, they also mentioned of another disaster that will befall mankind in 2012. Finally finding the apple of Eden after Ezio had hid it many centuries ago, everything got crazy/dark. Now, Desmond is trapped in the Animus and is trying to find a way out before the entire world is doomed!

The three assassins - Altair, Ezio and Desmond

Three assassins, all with very close resemblances.

From my point of view; every assassin that you get to be in the video game, they always become better! I don't know if that is just me or if anyone else can tell. For example, Altair began with the regular abilities like to attack/counter, climb and so on, but with Ezio he gained newer abilities like to jump while climbing to a higher area and different abilities during combat, like the pistol. While in my opinion is that Ezio is far better than Altair, we can also look at Desmond. We've been Desmond in every single Assassins game but have never really GOT to play as Desmond. We would have 2 minute missions like "turn on the power, reach this outlet... etc etc", but we were always given invincibility and could jump from a high area without worrying of death, cool, but not a great experience. Seeing that Assassins Creed III will be a totally different turn on the series, we will not be able to play as Ezio or any other ancestor of Desmond, we will actually be playing as Desmond! So we will be possibly seeing no abilities and different weapons as Desmond is in our modern times, sort of. You know they are only a couple months in 2012, while we are actually in 2011! So the anticipation of being Desmond with health, armor, weapons and all is really interesting and I can't wait to see what happens with him in the future.

Each Assassin Has Their Own Problems

While Altair, Ezio and Desmond all share the same goal, they have their own problems. Altair was sort of finding his own grove on being an Assassin and bending the rules as he saw fit, possibly why all the other assassins disliked him. Ezio was a playboy that did not want the life of an Assassin, that is until his father and two brothers were killed. And Desmond is sort of like Ezio, except he changed his name and everything, but it looks like destiny calls only a few people to the challenge. Ezio has liberated multiple areas in Italy for over three decades, while Altair made sure that the Assassin order still was held together in the future. With them, Desmond now has his turn to write his name in history.

What makes Assassins Creed Franchise great

No Caption Provided

The reason why the AC franchise is so successful is that they take a lot of real world history, bend its arm to finally have a great game. We've got Da Vinci (who is Ezio's partner and closest friend) who acts as the inventor of mostly all of Ezio's weapons and also some of the famed things that Da Vinci made in the real world like his flying machine. While he does not appear in the AC Revelations (so sad), he does play a big role as being one of the greatest inventors of our time, and one of my favorite top 10 inventors. And if you were wondering, he did not design the iPhone (so you think!) Ubisoft does an incredible job at studying world history and integrating it into the game, having the Assassin order founded in Jerusalem (which it did) in the AC I game, it was great to see that Ubisoft took to such great detail in making sure it was authentic. Sure it could have been placed in any other area of the world at any given time is great, but with it being where it originally was created that makes this game even greater.

Ezio - 16th Century Batman

Every time I think of Ezio, especially now in Revelations, I think of Batman. Lets face it, they are both wise, lots of cash flow, own the entire city, lots of weapons and armor and always get the girl in the end. What difference does it make that they live in different time periods and aren't related (so we think). While Ezio kills for the greater good, Batman will always find a way in the end to beat the villain without killing. Moral code and all. I like to see that a lot of Ezio is in Batman, except Batman has a huge cave underground and a long arm villain rogues gallery.

Supporting characters

Lucy, Rebecca and Shaun will always be considered "supporting characters" to me. Every time I think of those three being assassins, I think of them being intern assassins that only file paperwork (which they do a lot of), but they hold together the assassins bread with their peanut butter. As Desmond has his team, Ezio and Altair also have theirs. However, Altair always seemed to be a prideful young assassin than a team player, just because of his bigger than life problems. But Ezio had his uncle, sister, mother and a bunch of other people that were his posse. This is because of him having no training since he started off being an assassin in his mid to late 20's, while Altair started as a child.

Assassin's and blending, never a good thing

"I'm praying that you won't see me!" - Altair

I've never understood why the guards are so... dumb. Assassin is wanted + guard chasing + crowd of people = gone like the wind. If this occurred in the real world will be able to get away with anything, but sadly, this doesn't work. I think the guards confuse the assassin with a minister from the church, I guess back then everyone used hoods. Someone with a ton of armor and weapons should be able to be easily spotted by the common guard, jeez even a dog could spot the difference. But this tactic that has been used since the beginning never gets old and throughout all of time, no one will ever spot the assassin (until it is too late).

Duccio!

When you hear the name "Duccio" you automatically want to walk up and punch him. Duccio is the most annoying and comedic character in the AC games since AC II, since then he's appeared in every Assassin's game even in Revelations! Just seeing him makes you cringe up and want to stab him in the head, he's just annoying and the biggest loud mouth in the world. The conversation that he has with Ezio in the Da Vinci Disappearance was just priceless.

Conclusion

The AC franchise is one of the most involved and incredible games that really bends history to tell a story that is unlike any other. While it has its pros and cons, if you can move past that you'll enjoy the story and eventually the ultimate conclusion of AC Revelations and the beginning of the next game. Altair and Ezio will not have their own game in 2012, but Desmond will certainly gain his own full game next year! Until then...

No Caption Provided
    RYU/BATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RYU/BATMAN

We all know that Assassin's Creed: Revelations has released this week (Nov. 15, 2011). We also know that this is the final journey of Ezio Auditore and Altair. As we will (possibly) never revisit any of Desmond's ancestors ever again, as Assassin's Creed III (3 for all of those kids out there), will be coming out next year in 2012! However, we aren't talking about old Desmond right now, well maybe you are, but I ain't. AC: Revelations has really captured the moment of being Ezio one final time and I am very excited to be Altair before the epic story of AC III. NO SPOILERS ARE IN THIS ARTICLE!

Quick Recap of what has happened AC I - AC Brotherhood

Desmond was a bartender for the rich and famous in the United States and concealed his real identity from the Templars, or Abstergo, so that he could escape the responsibility of being an Assassin. While his plans fell through, Desmond was eventually captured through a fingerprint scan and taken by Abstergo to be forcibly placed in a machine called the Animus in Italy. Animus [singular] is a machine that is used to relive the memories of ancestors that are withheld in the strands of a person's DNA. Within Desmond's DNA, he saw that his entire history is filled with Assassins. Assassins are a group of people established in the holy land (Jerusalem) that are fixated on stopping the Templars from controlling the world through mind control and chaos. Desmond relived the memories of Altair Ibn La Ahad a 12th century assassin from the holy land who had discovered the apple of Eden; which was a key item for the Assassins to defeat the Templars. Next, he was Ezio Auditore, a 15th century Italian. Gaining more in depth detail about Ezio than Altair, Desmond relived Ezio's memories from being a rich playboy to a grief stricken assassin with a mission of vengeance, to finally a legendary grand master of the order of Assassins.

Eventually being contacted by the creators of the Apple of Eden. They told Desmond that a great disaster destroyed most of their species and also a whole lot of humans at the time, they also mentioned of another disaster that will befall mankind in 2012. Finally finding the apple of Eden after Ezio had hid it many centuries ago, everything got crazy/dark. Now, Desmond is trapped in the Animus and is trying to find a way out before the entire world is doomed!

The three assassins - Altair, Ezio and Desmond

From my point of view; every assassin that you get to be in the video game, they always become better! I don't know if that is just me or if anyone else can tell. For example, Altair began with the regular abilities like to attack/counter, climb and so on, but with Ezio he gained newer abilities like to jump while climbing to a higher area and different abilities during combat, like the pistol. While in my opinion is that Ezio is far better than Altair, we can also look at Desmond. We've been Desmond in every single Assassins game but have never really GOT to play as Desmond. We would have 2 minute missions like "turn on the power, reach this outlet... etc etc", but we were always given invincibility and could jump from a high area without worrying of death, cool, but not a great experience. Seeing that Assassins Creed III will be a totally different turn on the series, we will not be able to play as Ezio or any other ancestor of Desmond, we will actually be playing as Desmond! So we will be possibly seeing no abilities and different weapons as Desmond is in our modern times, sort of. You know they are only a couple months in 2012, while we are actually in 2011! So the anticipation of being Desmond with health, armor, weapons and all is really interesting and I can't wait to see what happens with him in the future.

Each Assassin Has Their Own Problems

While Altair, Ezio and Desmond all share the same goal, they have their own problems. Altair was sort of finding his own grove on being an Assassin and bending the rules as he saw fit, possibly why all the other assassins disliked him. Ezio was a playboy that did not want the life of an Assassin, that is until his father and two brothers were killed. And Desmond is sort of like Ezio, except he changed his name and everything, but it looks like destiny calls only a few people to the challenge. Ezio has liberated multiple areas in Italy for over three decades, while Altair made sure that the Assassin order still was held together in the future. With them, Desmond now has his turn to write his name in history.

What makes Assassins Creed Franchise great

No Caption Provided

The reason why the AC franchise is so successful is that they take a lot of real world history, bend its arm to finally have a great game. We've got Da Vinci (who is Ezio's partner and closest friend) who acts as the inventor of mostly all of Ezio's weapons and also some of the famed things that Da Vinci made in the real world like his flying machine. While he does not appear in the AC Revelations (so sad), he does play a big role as being one of the greatest inventors of our time, and one of my favorite top 10 inventors. And if you were wondering, he did not design the iPhone (so you think!) Ubisoft does an incredible job at studying world history and integrating it into the game, having the Assassin order founded in Jerusalem (which it did) in the AC I game, it was great to see that Ubisoft took to such great detail in making sure it was authentic. Sure it could have been placed in any other area of the world at any given time is great, but with it being where it originally was created that makes this game even greater.

Ezio - 16th Century Batman

Every time I think of Ezio, especially now in Revelations, I think of Batman. Lets face it, they are both wise, lots of cash flow, own the entire city, lots of weapons and armor and always get the girl in the end. What difference does it make that they live in different time periods and aren't related (so we think). While Ezio kills for the greater good, Batman will always find a way in the end to beat the villain without killing. Moral code and all. I like to see that a lot of Ezio is in Batman, except Batman has a huge cave underground and a long arm villain rogues gallery.

Supporting characters

Lucy, Rebecca and Shaun will always be considered "supporting characters" to me. Every time I think of those three being assassins, I think of them being intern assassins that only file paperwork (which they do a lot of), but they hold together the assassins bread with their peanut butter. As Desmond has his team, Ezio and Altair also have theirs. However, Altair always seemed to be a prideful young assassin than a team player, just because of his bigger than life problems. But Ezio had his uncle, sister, mother and a bunch of other people that were his posse. This is because of him having no training since he started off being an assassin in his mid to late 20's, while Altair started as a child.

Assassin's and blending, never a good thing

"I'm praying that you won't see me!" - Altair

I've never understood why the guards are so... dumb. Assassin is wanted + guard chasing + crowd of people = gone like the wind. If this occurred in the real world will be able to get away with anything, but sadly, this doesn't work. I think the guards confuse the assassin with a minister from the church, I guess back then everyone used hoods. Someone with a ton of armor and weapons should be able to be easily spotted by the common guard, jeez even a dog could spot the difference. But this tactic that has been used since the beginning never gets old and throughout all of time, no one will ever spot the assassin (until it is too late).

Duccio!

When you hear the name "Duccio" you automatically want to walk up and punch him. Duccio is the most annoying and comedic character in the AC games since AC II, since then he's appeared in every Assassin's game even in Revelations! Just seeing him makes you cringe up and want to stab him in the head, he's just annoying and the biggest loud mouth in the world. The conversation that he has with Ezio in the Da Vinci Disappearance was just priceless.

Conclusion

The AC franchise is one of the most involved and incredible games that really bends history to tell a story that is unlike any other. While it has its pros and cons, if you can move past that you'll enjoy the story and eventually the ultimate conclusion of AC Revelations and the beginning of the next game. Altair and Ezio will not have their own game in 2012, but Desmond will certainly gain his own full game next year! Until then...

No Caption Provided
    hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hwy_61

Thanks for this! I've managed to miss all the AC games, and I was looking for a nice recap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.