Do I have to do these puzzle?

#1 Posted by Sackmanjones (4781 posts) -

So after doing my first desmond puzzle… I never really want to do it again. Does it bring a good amount of story to Desmond that it's worth doing or would I be ok skipping them and just maybe looking up that story bit. Thanks for the help

#2 Posted by cannedstingray (403 posts) -

Don't know. I only did the first two, but since revelations is a spin off, I didn't really pay any attention to the story at all.

From the couple puzzles I did, all it sounded like was some back story about Desmond growing up with assassins.

I meant to watch them on youtube but haven't got around to it yet.

#3 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

There are like 5, and I like the monolouges by desmond, So I did all of them. Though yeah, you can avoid them if youd don't like them.

#4 Posted by Jimbo (9931 posts) -

Like the rest of Revelations, none of it really seemed very important.  Just fleshing out things you already know.

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

The desmond puzzles are supplemental and you can do them if you wanna, you get achievements and thier is some story stuff about how desmond got into the assassin life.

But the levels themselves are not fun, kinda boring and you just spam pieces.

#6 Posted by Sackmanjones (4781 posts) -
@Jimbo @bluecollaralaskan I agree with both of you. This game seems so for lack f a better word filler. I mean it's still fun but I just have no urge to play it through. Do you think It would be ok to just read a wiki on the game and give myself a break till ac 3
#7 Posted by JoeyRavn (5004 posts) -

Yeah, they are terribly boring levels. You don't have to do them, but at least they have some very easy Achievements associated with them.

#8 Posted by Jimbo (9931 posts) -
@Sackmanjones said:
@Jimbo @bluecollaralaskan I agree with both of you. This game seems so for lack f a better word filler. I mean it's still fun but I just have no urge to play it through. Do you think It would be ok to just read a wiki on the game and give myself a break till ac 3
Yes. If you followed Brotherhood you'll be fine skipping Revelations, imo.
#9 Posted by Roger778 (960 posts) -

If you play the levels, you get to learn some information on Desmond and his life before he was kidnapped by the modern-day Templars. The puzzle rooms are not very fun to be honest, but you get to unlock some achievements, and a skin costume change that makes you look like Desmond.

I would say it's worth it, but I wouldn't try them a second time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.