Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise and the final entry in Ezio Auditore's main storyline. A few levels also put players back in control of the original Assassin's Creed's Altair, and depict his rise to the Mentorship of the Crusades-era Brotherhood of Assassins.

History buffs, how different could Altair's father be?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

What I mean is, in terms of settings. From the Gamescom demo you hear about Altair's father and how he was also an assassin. Could it be that his father was not born into the order like his son? Is it possible his father came from another region before moving to the holy land? Was his mother also an assassin?
    I have not played the "prequel" on the nintendo DS, but I remember hearing his father was muslim and mother was christian.....or was that someone else? The AC wiki also claims that his father died when Altair was 11 years old, but says nothing about his father's past. 

If Revelations allowed you to play as Altair's parents, would it be possible to have those sequences be in a completely different setting? Or even have his parents be Templar turncoats (big revelation)....

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Aronman789

The first game takes place around the middle ages, somewhere around 1200 AD right? Well seeing as the Arabians had spread pretty wide already back then, Al-Andalus or "Islamic Spain" having been conquered by them for about 5 centuries already, it could be likely that his father came from a different country.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Aronman789 said:
    The first game takes place around the middle ages, somewhere around 1200 AD right? Well seeing as the Arabians had spread pretty wide already back then, Al-Andalus or "Islamic Spain" having been conquered by them for about 5 centuries already, it could be likely that his father came from a different country.
    hmm interesting, from my research the Abbasid Caliphate (which contained Spain) was already established at the time of the Byzantine empire, but if Altair's father were from there (and then converted to islam) the most notable place would be Constantinople, which is already in the main game. Maybe they could be connected. 
    But yeah Islamic Spain would be way cooler, and just go deeper into under-represented places in video games. 
    On the other hand, The kingdom of Hungary was also present, which could be a cool setting, and this old Hungarian script would fit perfect in the weird messages and glyphs in the series.
    No Caption Provided
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

Desmond killed Altair's "father" from the future and slept with his mother, becoming his biological greatx45 grandfather. This unique genetic code is how he was able to use the animus, which was actually a gateway through time. His mind, sent into the past, to learn things from his Assassin background, so he could be the ultimate Assassin.

He is also subject 16, time-lapsing through his own mind to regain control of what he thinks he really is. But now his world is flipserd upside down.

You know, I think the sad part is, this sounds like some shit that could actually happen in an Assassin's Creed game.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany

What part do Altair's parent play in Revelations? I don't think they will play any more than past games, as in none...

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Dany said:

What part do Altair's parent play in Revelations? I don't think they will play any more than past games, as in none...

Oh sorry you must work for Ubisoft..... you kinda messed up with the From Dust fiasco.

My question is perhaps pointless, none of this will probably be in the game, but I like to see what the GB community can come up with.
    Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Will1Lucky

If I recall, his mother died in Childbirth. As for his father, he has only ever really been discussed in a book and we may learn more in Revelations if Altair talks about his past more. Odds are Umar was born into the Brotherhood as well though since the Assassins Order was established in the general area for at least a century and at this point in time was heavily centralized.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.