If you're holding for a price cut, Wal-Mart might have it for $40

#1 Posted by bwheeeler (418 posts) -

I just checked mine and they're selling it for $40. Lots of other people have been successful too. In-store only. There doesn't seem to be any real pattern to what stores are doing it, you'll just have to check with them to find out. Pretty slick deal for a game that literally just came out.

Moral: Never buy an Ubisoft game at launch, unless it's Rayman Origins or Beyond Good & Evil 2 or something. Then it's cool.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@bwheeeler said:

I just checked mine and they're selling it for $40. Lots of other people have been successful too. In-store only. There doesn't seem to be any real pattern to what stores are doing it, you'll just have to check with them to find out. Pretty slick deal for a game that literally just came out.

Moral: Never buy an Ubisoft game at launch, unless it's Rayman Origins or Beyond Good & Evil 2 or something. Then it's cool.

I Heard its gonna be like 38 bucks on black friday.

#3 Posted by bwheeeler (418 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: $35 at Best Buy on Black Friday.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@bwheeeler said:

Meh. Im kinda sick of the creed. Its all most to a point where they are milking it.

#5 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@bwheeeler said:

Meh. Im kinda sick of the creed. Its all most to a point where they are milking it.

Yeah I'll maybe pick it up next summer or something by then info for the next game should be out, and if it isn't AC3 and wraps stuff up, I think I'm done with the series.

#6 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

Tons of great deals happening. Up here in Canada Toysrus is having a late night sale and the 3DS will be $139.

#7 Posted by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -
@Gabriel said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@bwheeeler said:

Yeah I'll maybe pick it up next summer or something by then info for the next game should be out, and if it isn't AC3 and wraps stuff up, I think I'm done with the series.

AC3 will wrap up Desmonds story. No doubt they'll put out more AC games in the future but after AC3, they said they're going to stop with the yearly releases. Thank God.
#8 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

@awesomeusername: They won't stop. They'll just do off-shot games or remakes, I can see them pulling a remake of the first game and fixing stuff on next gen systems. Look at Halo. Halo 3 was "Finish the fight!!", than ODST came out, than Reach, than Anniversary, now next year we got Halo 4...

#9 Posted by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -
@msavo: I know they won't stop. I said 'No doubt they'll put out more AC games in the future'. They said though that AC3 will be the end of Desmonds story so I believe the AC games after would be as you said, spin-offs or AC but a whole new story with different protagonists.
#10 Posted by Entreri10 (124 posts) -

I'll be picking it up if it is 40$ or less.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.