Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise and the final entry in Ezio Auditore's main storyline. A few levels also put players back in control of the original Assassin's Creed's Altair, and depict his rise to the Mentorship of the Crusades-era Brotherhood of Assassins.

I'm happy to be returning to renaissance era again with Ezio!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

I am stoked to hear that there is another Assassin's Creed story with Ezio because I feel the coolest conspiracies were brewed in this era from the Medici onward. Plus Ezio is a bad ass character, and I'm just psyched to see what crazy thing will happen at the end of this game. What if Desmond totally ends up dying, and that is the cliff hanger we're left with? I also the think the notion of a trilogy within a trilogy is ludicrous in that awesome way only games can pull off. I have total faith that this next Assassin's Creed game will have just as much satisfying killing of pixel dudes as in the next one.

Uh uh uh uh uh x 2
    Uh uh uh uh uh x 2
    Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Aronman789

I gotta say, I'm pretty tired of Ezio again, and I really think they should just start the "Assassin Creed: Chronicles" series and just make the Desmond game already.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingzetta

I'm very excited for the new game. Also the idea of Desmond going through the memories of his own life, shows awesome.
    Plus they are making the best mulitplayer experience I've ever had even better.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i still need to buy brotherhood...  i finished assassins creed 2 in 2 weekends and holy shit, that was a great game

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JerichoBlyth
    @Aronman789 said:
    I gotta say, I'm pretty tired of Ezio again, and I really think they should just start the "Assassin Creed: Chronicles" series and just make the Desmond game already.
    Pretty tired of Ezio? I'm getting pretty damn tired of the entire franchise. Give it a rest Ubisoft!

Assasins Creed: Warriors of Rock.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty stoked too. I think Ezio's a really interesting character and I'd like to see Altair fleshed out a little bit more as well. Plus, the Hookblade looks freaking fun.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Slaker117

If they can still exploit the franchise effectively, let them. It's pretty clear that they are going to be milking this because it sells, but so far every game has been better than the last. Iteration is not inherently a bad thing. Until I'm disappointed with one of the games, I'll buy them all.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @JerichoBlyth said:
    @Aronman789 said:
    Pretty tired of Ezio? I'm getting pretty damn tired of the entire franchise. Give it a rest Ubisoft!Assasins Creed: Warriors of Rock.
    I think a year is a decent amount of time between iterations granted the next game isn't just a knock off of the previous ones. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood while similar in it's core design, still had you in a new city with a fresh new compelling story, doing things in a new way. I don't see the problem with getting another as long as it follows that trend.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thehexeditor

This is the Black Ops of the AC series to me. What I mean is it's the last one of its kind I'll tolerate before demanding some serious changes.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JerichoBlyth
    @LiquidPrince said:
    @JerichoBlyth said:
    @Aronman789 said:
    Pretty tired of Ezio? I'm getting pretty damn tired of the entire franchise. Give it a rest Ubisoft!Assasins Creed: Warriors of Rock.
    I think a year is a decent amount of time between iterations granted the next game isn't just a knock off of the previous ones. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood while similar in it's core design, still had you in a new city with a fresh new compelling story, doing things in a new way. I don't see the problem with getting another as long as it follows that trend.
    I'm not saying that the games are not good or anything like that. I just feel that some companies need to spread out their games a bit more, otherwise it'll feel like they're demanding a glorified £40 a pop subscription. Brotherhood should have been a budget game but it sadly wasn't.

Plus I think they need to spend more time with the story. Should be treating it like a well-prepared meal.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @JerichoBlyth said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@JerichoBlyth said:
    @Aronman789 said:
    I'm not saying that the games are not good or anything like that. I just feel that some companies need to spread out their games a bit more, otherwise it'll feel like they're demanding a glorified £40 a pop subscription. Brotherhood should have been a budget game but it sadly wasn't.Plus I think they need to spend more time with the story. Should be treating it like a well-prepared meal.
    Why would Brotherhood being a budget game make anything better? People then would not have liked it as much and it would have seemed then truly like miking the franchise.

@thehexeditor: I don't understand... why would you need to change a good thing? The only reason Black Ops has become unbearable is because it is a first person shooter and the market is saturated with clones. Not many games out there are similar to Assassin's Creed, with it's beautifully rendered era's, parkour climb on anything system, and crazy sci-fi story.
    JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JerichoBlyth
    @LiquidPrince said:
    @JerichoBlyth said:
    Why would Brotherhood being a budget game make anything better? People then would not have liked it as much and it would have seemed then truly like miking the franchise.
    I think it would have kept interest in the franchise at a decent level yet be less demanding for the consumer. Like something to tide them over until the next installment.

Sure, you could say that 'it is part of the job description to get as much money out of the consumer as possible within the space of a year' but I feel that a game series like this is too valuable to waste on such a doomed philosophy.

I bought the first two Ass Creed games....I never bothered my arse with Brotherhood because I wasn't prepared to shill out another forty quid for a game I felt was an add-on at the time. Yet they managed to turn a few heads with it despite there only being a year between that game and the last.

I just don't want it to get tired out I guess. Like COD...of course, thousands agree (sarcasm)
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cstrang

I enjoy Ezio more than Altair...  Maybe even more than Nolan North's Desmond, but, yo, Ezio is getting old (and don't give me that bullshit about how we can just go into a memory earlier in time than the end of Brotherhood).  Mo-fo is like 50.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kingzetta
    @JerichoBlyth said:
    @Aronman789 said:
    That's completely baseless and over-dramatic.
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mazik765
    @JerichoBlyth said:
    @LiquidPrince said:
    @JerichoBlyth said:
    I think it would have kept interest in the franchise at a decent level yet be less demanding for the consumer. Like something to tide them over until the next installment.Sure, you could say that 'it is part of the job description to get as much money out of the consumer as possible within the space of a year' but I feel that a game series like this is too valuable to waste on such a doomed philosophy.I bought the first two Ass Creed games....I never bothered my arse with Brotherhood because I wasn't prepared to shill out another forty quid for a game I felt was an add-on at the time. Yet they managed to turn a few heads with it despite there only being a year between that game and the last. I just don't want it to get tired out I guess. Like COD...of course, thousands agree (sarcasm)
    Once a game is released, it's not liek you have to play it right away. There are plenty of games that I am sure I would thoroughly enjoy and would lvoe to play but have made the decisions to wait until they either drop in price or I can afford them. The way I see it the quicker the consumer has the option to continue their favourite franchise, the better, so long as game quality does not drop.

Also Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was probably bigger and more inclusive than 2 was with a single player of equal length, a surprisingly well done multiplayer component and 2 free DLCs, so I don't see where the logic of 'it should be a budget game' comes from.

I agree with @LiquidPrince 100%. I think Ezio is a great character and I think it'll lead to a great game to see just how his portion of this story closes (and who the mother of his child is 0.o)
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince

@mazik765: I assumed it would be the girl from Forli that he slept with in the last game, but who knows?

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mazik765
    @LiquidPrince: With Ezio's track record it could be just about any woman in Italy :P
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @LiquidPrince@mazik765 If it had been the girl from Forli we wouldn't be able to play as Ezio after that. The genetic memories would have been passed on and from that point you wouldn't be able to live our any memories past that. Like in the hallucination from AC2 where we see Altair bang that chick and then leave but you don't leave with him because the genes have been passed on.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By damswedon
    @cstrang said:
    yo, Ezio is getting old (and don't give me that bullshit about how we can just go into a memory earlier in time than the end of Brotherhood).  Mo-fo is like 50.
    And look at that beard! Ezio went from an insufferable git in AC 2 to a likeable and maturing character by the end of Brotherhood.
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mazik765
    @yoshimitz707: True, but there's no reason he couldn't hook up with her again down the road. Ezio is a pretty smooth talker.
    Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Commisar123
    @LiquidPrince
    I know but I'm tired of debating this
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @yoshimitz707 said:
    @LiquidPrince@mazik765 If it had been the girl from Forli we wouldn't be able to play as Ezio after that. The genetic memories would have been passed on and from that point you wouldn't be able to live our any memories past that. Like in the hallucination from AC2 where we see Altair bang that chick and then leave but you don't leave with him because the genes have been passed on.
    Just because there is an extension to the family doesn't mean that you have to stop following the original. It stopped following Altair as a dramatic tool to show that Maria I believe her name was, was pregnant.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic

You didn't mention Altair once.. fail on your part!

I'm psyched because i get to walk in Altair's shoes once more.
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @LiquidPrince No, it stopped following Altair because he had passed his genes on which contained his memories up until that point. How exactly would Desmond have access to memories from after the genes were passed on?
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @yoshimitz707: Genes don't get passed on and then leave you... Do you think once you have sex and get a child that you're left without genes because they are inside your kid now...?
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By toowalrus

I couldn't be happier- I fuckin' love Ezio as a character. They keep hinting at some stuff old-man Ezio did, and I'm glad we get to see it. I mean, we literally saw his origin (remember that weird birth tutorial thing?) and I'm grateful we get to see his end. It's rad. A trilogy of Ezio- I love it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mordukai

Still milking the Ezio thing, huh. What's next. Assassin's Creed The AARP years? Ezio parkouring onto his porch while trying to assassinate the damn kids that are on his lawn only to remember that his blades have tennis balls on them. Sounds rather amusing. 

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Agent47
    @Aronman789: Yeah I am tired of Ezio.But really Desmond as the main character?I always thought for ACIII they would have one last assassin.Desmond is the most boring ass generic dude ever.If I could only play as him I wouldn't bother getting the game.I always wanted to revisit Altair.I thought they could flesh him out alot more seeing as the first title was a big long, confusing process for them.
    Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mike76x
    @LiquidPrince said:

@yoshimitz707: Genes don't get passed on and then leave you... Do you think once you have sex and get a child that you're left without genes because they are inside your kid now...?

I think what he meant was, Desmond can't have access to Altair's memories after conception because the memories passed on to his next in line ancestor though his DNA can't get updated.
    But we don't know when Altair did that deed, and we don't know how many times, or with how many women he did it with after that one.

I'm a bit disappointed because I was wanted more variety in the locations and histories.
     The Animus is one of the best plot devices in a game, it can take you anywhere anytime.
    Even replaying levels can exist within the storyline, but so far in 4 games it's only been 2 generations and 3 locations (excluding modern times).
    I want  "Journeyman Project" style jumping around, more variety in ancestors and locales.
    Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Helimocopter
    @Mike76x:  
    four locations (not counting the cities within each. Which, to be fair, do actually look fairly different)
    Crusades Middle East 
    Venice and Friends 
    Rome  
    Constantinople 
    I guess you could count Renaissance Italy as one place, but, I feel Rome is different enough to count as its own place. And again not counting the different cities, because thats a whole 'nother loaf of bread

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.