Is it just me?

#1 Posted by PreWarOregon (23 posts) -

Is it just me.....

or was Subject 16's reveal of what he looked like a little lack luster? I mean during Brotherhood, it seemed like they were keeping his identity and the way looked like such a secret. Consequently, I thought I was going to be trying to figure out who this guy was throughout this game, but instead right at the beginning we are introduced to him as if we all have been long time friends. It just seems to me that they threw away a good mystery character and replaced him with a slightly obnoxious character with a creepy face. Noted though, I have just started the game. Did I miss something in Brotherhood that revealed 16's identity earlier? When I say identity, I just mean what he looks like.
#2 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

YES ITS JUST YOU

(you are gonna get a lot of shit for that topic title, just fyi)

Seriously though, I think this isn't spoiler worthy, seeing how quickly it happens. Yeah, the build-up for 16's reveal just kinda peaked... and then fell flat. Ubisoft didn't even try to make it interesting. He doesn't show his face at all in Brotherhood. And then bam, there he is with no fanfare at all in Revelations. I mean it was never a huge deal, but they definitely could have done more with it.

#3 Posted by PreWarOregon (23 posts) -

Yeah I guess your right. I'm just over reacting. Also I apologize for the title, really wasn't thinking there.

#4 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

The fact that I glanced at the spoiler tag content, read the first sentence and just sighed and closed it, proves to me once and for all that Revelations broke the camel's back, caused Assassin's Creed fatigue for me personally and made me not give a shit about the game's story since they're making shit up just to build a new game around it.

#5 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

@PreWarOregon said:

Yeah I guess your right. I'm just over reacting. Also I apologize for the title, really wasn't thinking there.

Ain't no thing :p I personally don't care, just was giving you a heads up. I was definitely wondering the same thing when I started Revelations.

@AhmadMetallic: Yeah... Brotherhood was so good too, it took me forever to put that game down... I played Revelations for 3 hours, haven't gone back to it since then, like 3 weeks ago *sigh*

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@PreWarOregon said:

No need to apologize, really. We give you shit for the title today, then you join us in giving someone else shit for their thread title tomorrow, etc..So, NO IT'S NOT JUST YOU, you're not a fucking snowflake! 

Do whatever you want dude. And welcome to the site! Very good first (?) thread.
#7 Posted by DeF (4855 posts) -

just a tip for future threads: if you put your whole content in a spoiler tag and have a totally nondescript title, it's not very reader-frieindly. at least mention what your thread is about in the headline or first sentence.

#8 Posted by Jimbo (9799 posts) -

ENOUGH WITH THESE STUPID FUCKING AMBIGUOUS FUCKING THREAD TITLES ALREADY FUUUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

#9 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

You wont like Jimbo when he's angry.

#10 Posted by Jimbo (9799 posts) -

@TentPole said:

You wont like Jimbo when he's angry.

;)

#11 Edited by Lugixx (65 posts) -

Yeah, and they never do anything with him either. They only have him there to explain why Desmond is on Animus Island, and why he need to go through with this game, then he does NOTHING of importance. You know how they could've made Desmond interesting? By putting Subject 16 inside Desmond's head during the ending instead of having him "sacrifice" himself

It would have made Desmond infinitely more interesting, because having a little man inside your head even when you're not psychotic and after stabbing Lucy at the end of Brotherhood could amplify those trust issues everyone seems to have with Desmond. And having him screw around with Desmond's mind could lead to some interesting things from a gameplay perspective as well. But they would probably never do anything with it either. Oh well. /rant.

#12 Posted by DeeGee (2121 posts) -

I'll save you some time and just say everything about Revelations is lackluster.

#13 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@DeeGee: Is it even worth getting at Redbox or should I skip it entirely?

#14 Posted by DeeGee (2121 posts) -

@TentPole: It's not a bad game, so if you have the chance to rent it, I'd say you probably should. Ezio's story has a lot of fun to be had. It's Altair and Desmonds story that things fall apart.

That first person, block placing puzzle thing they pushed all of Desmonds story into ... urgh.

#15 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Subject 16 is revealed in some off-shoot comic that launched between Brotherhood and Revelations so most people got introduced to his backstory and what he looks like long before Revelations was released. To be honest Revelations itself is a bit of an anti-climax, at almost every point I kept thinking "they could have done this better" instead of doing it similarly to what they did before in previous games.

#16 Posted by TH3R1S1NG (18 posts) -

Subject 16 was shown in Brotherhood after all the peices of "The Truth" were found and solved, but he wasn't shown for long.

#17 Posted by Commisar123 (1791 posts) -

I thought that game was pretty goddam bad

#18 Posted by CheapPoison (727 posts) -

I think the ending was way weirder then that.

#19 Edited by Sanj (2370 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

ENOUGH WITH THESE STUPID FUCKING AMBIGUOUS FUCKING THREAD TITLES ALREADY FUUUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Is it just me, or are...

Edit: Hah, just saw this thread is over a week old. This reply will seem quite random then, oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.