Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise and the final entry in Ezio Auditore's main storyline. A few levels also put players back in control of the original Assassin's Creed's Altair, and depict his rise to the Mentorship of the Crusades-era Brotherhood of Assassins.

ok I just beat the game *major spoilers*

Angie_981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Angie_981

I'm not impressed at all with this game,it has to be the least favorite of the whole serie.

I have to say that opening altair's library was the most interesting part of the whole game and it was pretty cool.

I don't feel like most of the revelations were anything surprising ,we guess all that stuff at the end of ACB so it all doesn't really come as a surprise. Plus one guy on assassins wiki cracked a code so I already knew about desmond memories.

Animus island was trippy I renamed it shroom island,idk I fele like they could have done it better and actually show videos of his past instead of just narrating the stories.

I feel like they ubisoft could have avoided coming out with this game until next year and just focus on ACIII because because this really feels like a "filler episode", ACII and ACB added a lot to the story plot,ACR instead got good at 5 minutes to the end. It all begins when you open altair's library,which turned out to be a vault,and ends 5 minutes later.

Finding altair's skeleton in the library was cool. I liked how altair sat to rest and then the angle changed and ezio was standing there.

One of the things I didn't know was that one of altair's son was murdered and poor guy they lead him to think that his father ordered his execution... I had no clue that maria died that way either..

I have to say that my favorite part was seeing how the first civilization got destroyed by that solar storm ,and eve standing there with her baby.

It was nice to see desmond coming out of the animus and yeah we should have guessed that his father would be there but we didn't so that was a true revelation haha

When the game FINALLY turned out to be worth playing..end titles...

Have you noticed how personas have all the same faces LOL?

What do you guys think ?did you like the game?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Really? You thought Brotherhood wasn't a filler episode? That game felt like the longest 12 hour slow burn to get to something actually happening that I've played in a long time. I'm not saying it was bad by any means. However, there wasn't much in there that I gave a shit about. Then again, at this point, I only give a shit about the modern day stuff.

The Ezio stuff is cool, but it's not the world I'm invested in.

With that said, I'm still stoked to play Revelations. I'm always down for more Assassin's Creed.

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NathanStack

I played through AC2 and absolutely loved it. Burned through the whole game in about a week. I tried playing Brotherhood a few weeks after finishing AC2 and just couldn't get into it. I probably won't play Revelations, and I'm very disappointed by the fact that Ubisoft seems to refuse to move what's a surprisingly good story for a video game forward.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Waffles13

Um... Since when is William Desmond's father? I think the true revelation was that the Apple that Desmond and crew have isn't the same one Altair hid. I don't know if that'll have any real impact on the story, but who knows.

Also, modern day New York, dude.

Angie_981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Angie_981

@jakob187: ACB might have been a filler as well but it was way better than revelations and subject 16s message had more revelations than the whole ACR game itself. In ACB they introduced so many new concepts that are just moved into ACR.I understand they came out with it because they had humongous maps like rome that were barely used in ACII and they wanted to get a good use of them ,but ACR is absolutely ridiculous,it didn't live up to its name for sure.I think that the revelations began once you opened altairs library and that should have been the beginning of the game and not the end.

@familyphotoshoot: they could have made a better move by making ACR DLC material rather than a filler game.This is my least favorite game of the saga.

@Waffles13: the true revelation is maybe altairs apple location,since Ezio didn't move it ,it should still be there.

Strike11249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Strike11249

I have to agree with a lot of you on this one. I love the AC series but this game wasnt as good as the rest. I really hope if they decide to release a game next year they at least make it so you play as Desmond more (because in all truth, that is the best part of the game). Plus they never told us what happened to Lucy (or why Minerva made him stab her).... was a little disappointed there. Hoping the next game is good since this one did end with a big cliffhanger.

Emperor_Norton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Emperor_Norton

Biggest revelation? Zeus isn't good with math. That's Minerva's thing.

fleante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By fleante

Am I the only one who actually liked this game MORE than Brotherhood?

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedRoach

@Strike11249 said:

I have to agree with a lot of you on this one. I love the AC series but this game wasnt as good as the rest. I really hope if they decide to release a game next year they at least make it so you play as Desmond more (because in all truth, that is the best part of the game). Plus they never told us what happened to Lucy (or why Minerva made him stab her).... was a little disappointed there. Hoping the next game is good since this one did end with a big cliffhanger.

Lucy is dead. Between memory segments when you return to Desmond on animus island you can hear conversations going on in the outside world. They say that they already buried her and that her and Desmond were close.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By white

I felt that they had to rush the story bit to try and give it closure especially at the end there, clumsily trying to tie up as many loose ends as possible and setting up for the inevitable AC3. Never explained why Daddy Miles was suddenly there - and I sure as hell don't remember seeing him before. It's sad that they just rushed Yusuf's death like that. Also, Sofia's voice acting totally cracked after she got choked with the rope near the end. Her Italian accent became a western accent. Furthermore, remember how in AC:B you'd get multiple cities that Ezio must travel between? You only get A city to play real-estate tycoon and that's kind of a bummer.

And the more I play the Assassin's series, the more I feel like they totally abandoned whatever minor nit-picky details/consistencies they threw into AC1. In AC1, they clearly show you Lucy missing her ring finger near the end of the game. And how is Subject 16's consciousness in the Animus 2.0 if he was put inside a different Animus? It's not like they're all networked together in some cloud storage.

Also, I was quite surprised how Subject 16 sacrificed himself to help Desmond. I would've figured him for the kind to just backstab him at the end and deal his body or something.

sickboy024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sickboy024
    @White said:

I felt that they had to rush the story bit to try and give it closure especially at the end there, clumsily trying to tie up as many loose ends as possible and setting up for the inevitable AC3. Never explained why Daddy Miles was suddenly there - and I sure as hell don't remember seeing him before. It's sad that they just rushed Yusuf's death like that. Also, Sofia's voice acting totally cracked after she got choked with the rope near the end. Her Italian accent became a western accent. Furthermore, remember how in AC:B you'd get multiple cities that Ezio must travel between? You only get A city to play real-estate tycoon and that's kind of a bummer.

And the more I play the Assassin's series, the more I feel like they totally abandoned whatever minor nit-picky details/consistencies they threw into AC1. In AC1, they clearly show you Lucy missing her ring finger near the end of the game. And how is Subject 16's consciousness in the Animus 2.0 if he was put inside a different Animus? It's not like they're all networked together in some cloud storage.

Also, I was quite surprised how Subject 16 sacrificed himself to help Desmond. I would've figured him for the kind to just backstab him at the end and deal his body or something.

In AC2 they dropped the whole cutting off ur finger thing when Da Vinci upgraded the hidden blade so u didn't need to cut ur finger off any more. That's why Lucy suddenly had her finger back. And when Lucy helped u escape abstergo she stole hard drives that had desmonds and subject 16s data on it thats how hes in the animus 2.0 

I'm not really sure what revelations everyone was xpecting to get in this game. They revealed what happened to Altair. They revealed more of what happens to Ezio. What happened to the 1st civilization and where the next game is gonna take place. I was ok with that and em looking forward to the next game
    white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By white

@sickboy024 said:

In AC2 they dropped the whole cutting off ur finger thing when Da Vinci upgraded the hidden blade so u didn't need to cut ur finger off any more. That's why Lucy suddenly had her finger back. And when Lucy helped u escape abstergo she stole hard drives that had desmonds and subject 16s data on it thats how hes in the animus 2.0

I know that Altair invented a way to have both finger and blade, but to suddenly have Lucy just grow back that finger was ridiculous.

And yeah okay. I probably had forgotten that part about the escape. Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense now.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deskp

@White said:

@sickboy024 said:

I know that Altair invented a way to have both finger and blade, but to suddenly have Lucy just grow back that finger was ridiculous.

And yeah okay. I probably had forgotten that part about the escape. Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense now.

I'm pretty sure Lucy just bended her finger to singnal Desmond. Also i don't think abstergo would ever hire someone missing that finger.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By PhatSeeJay

@Fleante said:

No I can also say that I also liked this game a lot more than Brotherhood. The story was more interesting and didn't feel like an insulting filler episode. It had a purpose in tying the three people's destinies together, and they certainly did a good job in touching up the art for the characters themselves. Only thing I could take from Brotherhood was the reason as to why Desmond got trapped in his own mind. Revelations looked better, felt distant enough from AC2 to feel "new" and the missions (not mentioning that god awful tower defense bullshit) felt refreshing and entertaining throughout.

Meteor_VII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meteor_VII

As far as Ezio's story is concerned I felt it was the weakest as far as enemy. No character besides sofia was really given enough screen time or development. Brotherhood was so good in this department because you were literally starting right up with everyone you ended the AC2 with so you knew all the supporting cast and one of the main enemies. The character that I felt got the most love from story in this game was probably Altair, he is given a lot of depth compared to what is given in AC1 and desmond gets enough love because with his journeys you get all his past and give more depth to where he is coming from. 

As far as gameplay goes I feel they took a step backwards. They put in "the facebook game" into the assassin management system that really didn't need to be there. I liked the fact that they put in classes for your assassins. I missed all the assassination missions that you had to do as well as more faction missions. None of the factions are given any kind of leader. No depth at all just hey you still got all your helpers around that personally I rarely use unless you have to. 

For AC3 I hope they change up the game. I would be extremely surprised if they make another open city to roam in and do stuff that we are familiar with. I figure going to open with a little bit of convo between everyone as they explore the lab of the first civ but eventually leads to new york but with it probably being modern day and how easy it is to have a gun in our world it would be really weird for you to be running around trying to stab people. Unless they do every situation you have huge crowds so that you can use the crowds to get to targets. Who knows I just hope they wow us again because every time has up until this one.

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SilenceUK

@Waffles13 said:

Um... Since when is William Desmond's father? I think the true revelation was that the Apple that Desmond and crew have isn't the same one Altair hid. I don't know if that'll have any real impact on the story, but who knows. Also, modern day New York, dude.

He calls desmond son when he wakes up in the chair

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By toowalrus

Just finished it. Guess what! Shit gets weird. Not as weird as I'd expected, though. Still looking forward to next years game. Hopefully there's more pseudo-historical nonsense incoming, love this stuff.

EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#18  Edited By EpicBenjamin

@Fleante said:

I thought Revelations was way better then Brotherhood. The story in Brotherhood didn't get interesting until the last hour or so.

Avatar image for pullarius_capax
    Pullarius_Capax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pullarius_Capax

I think I like Brotherhood better than Revelations but not by much. The most interesting part of the story was Ezio's relationship with sofia and the ending. I really wish they focused more on Sofia and Ezio instead of the politics stuff which was completely uninteresting. Super excited for Desmond in New York.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

I finished it last night. Like most I like Brotherhood much more than Revelations. So much so that I didn't even bother with buying shops or recruiting assassin's or doing any of the side missions. I just critical pathed this thing to get through it. We knew that it would be a filler episode to a certain extent. I just figured we would learn a little more.

I must have missed where it was revealed where the next game would take place, can anyone fill me in?

EDIT: Nevermind, I read the Kotaku article that is linked in another thread here and it explains the point in great detail. Note though that all of the various references to New York are to upstate New York, not NYC. Now that doesn't mean that you're assassin's base with Rebecca and Shaun and Poppa Miles couldn't be in upstate NY and you head down to NYC for some missions. It also appeared that at the end of Revelations they arrived at the same sort of farming settlement that Desmond grew up in.

Zaxex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By Zaxex

Brotherhood disappointed me too. The stories made so little progress throughout the four games, except maybe setting the premise for what it is the Assassin's and Templars are actually trying to do (which took four games). At this rate I can't imagine the story ever ending.

The games are great mind, but the last two have just left me underwhelmed when I finished them. Almost all you get is a cliffhanger.

Maybe I was meant to forget the Animus stuff and take Ezio and Altair's stories at face value. Let's face it, the Animus is mostly an excuse to visit multiple regions in different times in history. I just want more ACB conspiracy revelations; that stuff was so good.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Dany

I wanted more Desmond revelation and less Ezio revelation. We know more about the first people. I really enjoyed the final moments with Ezio and Altair in the library, really well done but no closure to Lucy's death or desmond anything was poor.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By Slaker117
    @Fleante said:

I liked playing Brotherhood more because the additions they made were still new and interesting, where in Revelations it's old hat while the new stuff isn't as exciting, but narratively Revelations is miles better. Brotherhood was too inconstant and ultimately unsatisfying, but here I maintained interest in the story the whole way through and the ending was great, offering a nice sense of closure and setting up the next game.
    Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By Kingpk

I liked how Ezio's story wrapped up, but all in all "filler" would be a great way to describe this game in the series as a whole. They could have not made this game and it still wouldn't have hurt the overall arc that much.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Klei
    @Fleante said:

You're not alone. Revelations is my favorite.
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By Humanity

I just finished it yesterday.

The game felt somewhat lazy and on the verge of something great.

Animus island was cool and they did nothing with it.

The major question of what the fuck was up with stabbing Lucy completely ignored. Criminal to have a full feature game that basically skips a major question from the previous title.

Altairs story was pretty lame - looking back its you walking up the same hill to the same castle in 5 different memories. I guess they couldn't be bothered to create unique new areas for Altair. Also when he has the apple and just RUNS away I was thinking what is this shit. Not to mention that you could take on all those guys even without the apple..

Game ends on another cliff hanger, which is again, almost a slap to the face when you're on the FOURTH game in the series which is titled REVELATIONS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.