Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise and the final entry in Ezio Auditore's main storyline. A few levels also put players back in control of the original Assassin's Creed's Altair, and depict his rise to the Mentorship of the Crusades-era Brotherhood of Assassins.

*Possible spoilers* Why do I get the feeling...

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By tariqari

...that Desmond might die at the end of Revelations? With the latest trailer and a sum of the shots we've seen of gameplay, Desmond's been in "too close!" situations one too many times. Getting abducted, fleeing abstergo, fleeing the warehouse, the incident at the Colosseum, and the numerous assertions that Desmond's "friends" may or may not be who they say they are...

Also what about the fact that Desmond is apparently in critical condition and now trapped inside the animus? Something tells me he failed to kill Lucy...or maybe succeeded but was then halted by his companions, possibly injured to a near death state. Or maybe the piece of Eden itself hurt Desmond or forced him to injure himself.

To me, the facts behind us and speculation ahead lead to massive plot holes that I feel are being subsided for the "subject 16" sideline quests, which seemed to be a somewhat optional storyline.

As much as I want to see a modern day Desmond Assassin, I feel that in the end, all will have simply been a tease and it will most likely wind up in a very strange plot twist for the third (final?) installment of Assassins Creed.

What do YOU think?

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Waffles13
    tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By tariqari

Well, even if he doesn't die it still begs the question, are the Assassin's actually the bad guys here? Or maybe they're both bad and there are no good guys?

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RedRoach

@tariqari said:

Well, even if he doesn't die it still begs the question, are the Assassin's actually the bad guys here? Or maybe they're both bad and there are no good guys?

This has been lost in the series, they did touch on it briefly near the end of Revelations though. In the first Ac, there was no black and white, no good and evil. both the Assassins and templar's fight for peace, but the templars try to attain peace through control using the pieces of eden. in 2 and especially BH, it was "Assassins good, Templars evil"

Oh and Ubi has publicly stated during the build up to this game that Desmond has spent so much time as the other Assassins it's fucked up his brain. The animus is keeping him alive or at least keeping him from becoming a vegetable.Preventing his brain from tearing itself apart.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Waffles13
    @Jason_Bourne: There is certainly that abiguity, but at the same time, looking at the Templars you kill in the AC2 games and their agendas, I personally feel like Ezio was always in the right. That's absolutely not saying that all the Assassins are right, but so far I feel like the events that Ezio and Desmond are both thrust into are for the larger good.

I mean, if you look at AC1, the whole reason the Templars want the Apple is to put a satellite into space to subdue the human race, whereas the Assassins want it both to prevent the Templars from getting it, as well as to find out how to stop the goddamn world from literally imploding.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.