Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise and the final entry in Ezio Auditore's main storyline. A few levels also put players back in control of the original Assassin's Creed's Altair, and depict his rise to the Mentorship of the Crusades-era Brotherhood of Assassins.

Rumoured info from game informer 'blowout'

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

Could be complete BS and the source is not exactly notable, but :-  http://www.akascope.com/2011/05/07/assassins-creed-revelations-info-blowout/

Assassin’s Creed: Revelations Info Blowout
    by Brady On May 7th,2011

Ubisoft recently announced “Assassin’s Creed: Revelations,” the fourth installment in the franchise, set to feature an ageing Master Assassin Ezio walking in the footsteps of Altaïr on a journey of discovery and revelation. Some new details have been revealed in the latest gameinformer issue, featuring “Ezio” on its cover this month.

Ezio is looking for seals in Revelations. These seals hold the memories of Alair. They’ll allow Ezio to peek into Altair’s life (just as Desmond uses Animus to peek into his ancestors lives).
    You’ll control Altair through these sequences.

The bulk of the game is set in Constantinople which will be split into 4 huge districts (Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial and Galata)
    You’ll also visit Cappadocia

Ezio is over 50 years old in this game

Ezio has a new item called the hookblade which allows him to use ziplines throughout the city. UBI says that it speeds up navigation by about 30%
    You can also use the hookblade to reach out and pull enemies in for a combo

Ezio can now make bombs through a crafting system. UBI says that there are over 300 bomb types

They’ve modified the control scheme so that circle/B will control the hookblade and triangle/Y will control project weapons and bombs

Eagles vision has become eagle sense. “Eagle sense let’s you focus on a character and see where he’s been,” Amancio says. “You’ll get an approximation of where he will go. If you’re able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush.”

They’ve expanded on the Borgia Towers concept in order to create a new system. Throughout the city there are Assassin’s Den’s, you’ll need to complete various assault scenarios in order take down the Templar presence (UBI says that there’s more variety than in the Borgia Towers). Once you obtain a den you’ll be able to upgrade the buildings in that region along with adding ziplines across the rooftops. You’ll also be able to change the guards from being hostile to neutral.

You can lose control of you dens as you gain notoriety. You’ll be able to send your own troops after the templars if you’re unable to make it back to the specific den that’s being attacked. You can do that by making it to any of the other dens that you currently control. You’ll also be able to install a master assassin to control a specific den and you’ll never have to worry about it being taken over.

The assassin leveling mechanic has been increased from 10 to 15

In order to make the world more immersive they’ve done away with traditional side missions in favor of random events. For example you may be traveling through a city and notice a shop owner being robbed or a little girl asking for help
    They’re using a new type of capture facial technology called Mocam that GI describes as an “intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire.”

Desmond is placed back inside Animus where he finds a safe mode called the ‘Black Room’. You’ll be able to access Desmond’s lost memories through that back door

The gameplay during Desmond’s game is described as narrative-fueled puzzle sequences. “Through the manipulation and creation of geometry with the game world, Desmond seeks to reintegrate the splintered layers of his subconscious.”
    Multiplayer is returning but this time they’re trying to give more focus to the narrative since that’s a big part of AC

You’ll be able to custom your character appearance and weapons as well as create guilds.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

This sounds potentially alright.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Dingofighter

I saw someone who called the "hookshot" thing here on GB, I think.

Whoever that was, congratulations.

Not really that interested in Assassins Creed, felt kinda burned out after Brotherhood.
    But I like that more open-world games are starting to use more random events in the game world as sidequests, like RDR.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Slaker117

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood + more of it + hookblade + LA Noire faces. I can dig it.

Also glad that they acknowledge Ezio is getting old by the end of Brotherhood. Wonder if it will play into anything, or if he continues to be as nimble as he was in his prime.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By sameeeeam

I was disappointed when aged video game protagonists didn't become more of a thing after MGS4.

tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By tofford

All I really want is Assassins Creed 3 but I will still probably play this

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jimbo

Sounds legit.  Also sounds like they've been playing the Godfather games.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Dany

the 300 bombs thing sounds really dumb. I never used them.

Glad to see Eagle Vision taking a new form, it has wained its usefullness in the past few games.

DrBendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By DrBendo

I'd much rather they nix this and work from the ground up on something new. The second game was outstanding; the third wasn't bad, but it felt a bit stale. If they decide to go back to the well for the fourth game, a lot of people will probably give up on the franchise.

Ideally, I'd like to see them really revamp the game. If they got rid of future-twat entirely and focused on a different historical setting without having to bend it to the conspiratorial nonsense they've set up, I think the final product would be much better than another retread.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Ramone

I want a conclusion to Desmond's story really but if they do this I wonn't be too dissapointed.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'm glad to see that they're still changing things and adding new content.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @MaFoLu said:
    "But I like that more open-world games are starting to use more random events in the game world as sidequests, like RDR.
    "
    the problem with those randomly generated events is that they get predictable and routinic after you experience each one a few times... (that's what happened with RDR)
    side quests also follow a set of formulas and designs, but atleast they have more going on in them than a scripted random event

if this game can create infinite (or semi-endless) events as you go, with many variables changing constantly, then i'm all for it !

@Slaker117 said:
    " Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood + more of it + hookblade + LA Noire faces. I can dig it. "
    + Altair! that's the most important one for me personally. i'm going back to motherfucking AC1 with all it's goodness, but with better gameplay! my god.

@drbendo said:
    " I'd much rather they nix this and work from the ground up on something new. The second game was outstanding; the third wasn't bad, but it felt a bit stale. If they decide to go back to the well for the fourth game, a lot of people will probably give up on the franchise. "
    I think it's common knowledge that these are only "major expansion packs", which follow AC2's basics in order not to alienate people from the original experience
    but i'm sure AC3 will have huge ass changes. 

it's the right way to do it!
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Crixaliz

Joystiq is reporting that the multiplayer will be expanded and the character customization is more complex this time around.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

A more prominently featured Altair in a post Brotherhood world seems really cool to me.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dingofighter
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @MaFoLu said:
    "But I like that more open-world games are starting to use more random events in the game world as sidequests, like RDR.
    "
    the problem with those randomly generated events is that they get predictable and routinic after you experience each one a few times... (that's what happened with RDR)
    side quests also follow a set of formulas and designs, but atleast they have more going on in them than a scripted random event

if this game can create infinite (or semi-endless) events as you go, with many variables changing constantly, then i'm all for it !
    Yes, I know that is one of the major issues with these "infinite" events, so I don't want them to replace the more elaborate side quests.
    I just think it's a good complement to the traditional side-quests, and it gives you something to do when travelling across the big open world looking for the "real" quests.
    DrSnaqrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By DrSnaqrite

I got my issue yesterday I can I confirm all of that. It sounds really good to me. Basically the same sort of thing Brotherhood turned out to be: more of what you know but with a few gameplay changes and improvements that make it worth playing.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187

I'm all about some more Assassin's Creed, but my biggest problem with Brotherhood was that there was TOO much crammed into the single player, which felt like the narrative and story focus was replaced too much with a massively long "tutorial" section followed by a minuscule amount of actual story.  Hopefully, they can get these mechanics taught and out of the way to tell a story like they did with Assassin's Creed II.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.