Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the fourth installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise and the final entry in Ezio Auditore's main storyline. A few levels also put players back in control of the original Assassin's Creed's Altair, and depict his rise to the Mentorship of the Crusades-era Brotherhood of Assassins.

So, even if Assassin's Creed Revelations is AWESOME...

• 61 results
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Jimbo

I don't see any reason they need to rush to wrap it up, but then, I kinda don't care all that much about the main story arc. What do you think's gonna happen? Desmond is gonna find some magic artifacts or some bullshit and save the world - I'm in no hurry to see that.

As long as they keep each game working as a standalone product, with their own contained story arcs, and keep the settings and characters interesting, I'll keep playing them. How many other franchises are out there letting you run around and explore ancient cities and explore history? How many franchises even use historical fiction settings at all? That's the main draw of AC for me, and why I'm in no rush to see them turn it into another modern / near future franchise.

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Aeterna

Can't say I ever really connected with Ezio or Altair. To me they didn't leave much of an impression and it was much more about the whole story-line and how it affected all the other characters. At no point did either of them take priority over any other for me. Though I did think older Ezio did look cooler, but that's all.

Part of what makes these games fun to me is the flow of the movement and combat. It's really simple and just feels good.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By BBQBram

I actually like the tonal shift from Florence and Venice to Rome, and now to Constantinople. As Ezio is uncovering his past and then his bloodline's past, we are also regressing backwards in cultural advancement. Pretty neat parallel.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Deranged

Revelations is going to be amazing. Ezio is a well developed character, something rarely achieved in a genre such as it is. It's not the same setting anymore. I don't mind to run in Altair's footsteps one more time before we move on.

weapon511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By weapon511
    @mutha3 said:
    shitty, one-dimensional characters like Ezio and Altair.
    This guy is fucking high.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Dany

I am excited to finish Ezio story. After the failure of Altiar, they had a hero that stuck and road him on for three games.

Besides that, I am more excited to see where AC3 takes place

JGowan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JGowan

Longtime lurker... hello all! 

------- 
    With millions of discs being sold, Ubisoft has made the decision to make this an annual thing. This is either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view. Personally, I love it and the fact that it's been coming out mid-November (the same as my B-Day) couldn't be more perfect... happy birthday to me. 

So as a yearly thing, UBI, I believe really needs to stretch it out and really explore all the nooks/crannies that these locales/times/assassins have to offer. I think if it were every 2 years and going to a new place/new assassin every time, people would be upset that they didn't get enough of the previous games assassin.  Honestly, people loves to bitch so it really doesn't matter what UBI does -- people gonna bitch. 

I think the way it worked out is great ... it started off in the Middle East (and the game was a little flat and repetitive. They take the story to the Renaissance and do two games there. Now, they can take what they've learned, go back to the Middle East and do it right. I'm friends with Roger Smith (the voice of Ezio) and he's told me that REVELATIONS is going to be mind-blowingly epic. His enthusiasm speaks volumes about what's to come in November 2011. 

I began my AC playing in May 2010 and so far, I've played each of the 3 games twice through. There is a lot there. If it's not your cup of tea and all you do is complain (mutha) then why are you playing the games and wasting your time just to piss on our parade? Go find a game you like, play it and go to another forum. Seems only right. But then again... people gonna bitch.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By ajamafalous

I'm not about to read through this thread, but are you (OP) implying that Desmond has a long lost Japanese ancestor?

Avatar image for deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a
    deactivated-65f0b21bb6a1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think they'll pick the right time to stop (hopefully) 

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I really can't see the Assassin's Creed story stretch to many more locations, now that the apple has been found and Revelations being Ezio's last appearance the story will mainly focus on Desmond in modern times fighting against the Templars. I blame the writers rushing the story and not including as much cool historical settings before wrapping things up.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By valrog

I said it before, I'll say it again. Desmond ruined everything.

I CONDEMN THE DAY HE WILL BE THE ONLY PROTAGONIST!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.