They need to explain more

#1 Posted by RIFTfreak (10 posts) -

I hope they go more into the whole Adam and Eve thing and based off of the title (book of revelations), I'm guessing this will be the last AC.

#2 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

They're not going to stop making AC until it stops making money.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14552 posts) -
@yoshimitz707 said:
" They're not going to stop making AC until it stops making money. "
Truth. Games are a business.
#4 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I am guessing it not the last AC. I wouldn't be shocked if they took a break and waited until the new consoles but since they sorta have to tie into all that 2012 bullshit you could probably expect one next year. I thought the first game was kinda interesting with its take on all the religion stuff and what the Templers were trying to do. The sequel was a better game but its overall plot totally lost my interest, that is at the very end of the game  basically. 

#5 Edited by WiqidBritt (575 posts) -
@yoshimitz707: They say it's the last of the Ezio trilogy in the new Game Informer. They also promise answers to many lingering questions, which of course they always say with things like this, be it a new game, new season of a T.V. show or a sequel to a movie.

That said I'm pretty sure after this game we'll continue to play as Desmond, just with a different ancestor, though I could see them having you spend more time as Desmond as the franchise continues, perhaps only stepping into the animus when he really needs an answer of some kind. I would imagine after spending so much time in the animus (and in Revelations it sounds like Desmond will master the use of the animus in a way that no one else has) that it won't take him long to home in on the memories he really needs at the moment... of course this is all wild speculation about a game that's at least 2 years away with also not knowing the outcome of the game that's currently upcoming.
#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

It's funny how they called Assassin's Creed as a whole a trilogy at first, now 4 games later they are saying "Oh well this is the last of the Ezio trilogy!"

#7 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

Are you asking for... a revelation? ;)
This probably won't be the last AC, AC 3 probably will be. All these games are just setting up the final epic battle against the templars, which I think will be the next one after revelations (seeing how the year 2012 is important in the game's fiction it would only make sense)

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @yoshimitz707 said:
" They're not going to stop making AC until it stops making money. "
Truth. Games are a business. "
Assassin's Creed is the only video game franchise where the more they pump out sequels, the better the gameplay becomes and the more interesting the story grows. The overall quality increases with each new title, and the innovation and depth never stop.

if that remains the case, i don't mind a new AC game every 6 months 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.