Wait... so Hans Zimmer's doing the soundtrack to this?

#1 Edited by NTM (7379 posts) -

That's awesome, and to me personally, it's not really a surprise. When I first thought of Assassin's Creed back in 07, I thought of Gladiator. Anyways, what's happening? Where'd Jesper Kyd go? Are they working together? Or is this relatively new news to everyone else? 

#2 Posted by NTM (7379 posts) -

I think they should have just got Lisa Gerrard to do the vocals for the theme.

#3 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

Nolan North.

#4 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5144 posts) -

Hans Zimmer usually has one or two really good tracks per soundtrack and the rest are kind of meh.

#5 Posted by probablytuna (3664 posts) -

Hans Zimmer is amazing. My favourite composer alongside Harry Gregson-Williams.

#6 Edited by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -

Yeah, Zimmer's shit  is sick.

#7 Posted by NTM (7379 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: I can kind of agree with that, and since he's so prominent a movie composer, it seems like they utilize him in everything you'd expect now but I think he is one of the best film composers, and it's fantastic he's doing games a bit more now.
#8 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

Zimmer's partner, Lorne Balfe is only doing the main theme, Kyd is doing the rest of the score.

#9 Posted by Draugrim (135 posts) -

Thankful Kyd didn't get let go. ACII and Brotherhood soundtracks are amazing work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.