What do you think of this song from the game?

#1 Edited by NTM (7319 posts) -

I think this sounds fantastic, and I can imagine how amazing it's going to be running away from an array of soldiers as this plays over my home theater system. I hope that's the case, it's intense and beautiful all at once. I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do. If anyone remembers the gametop trailer where that guy is singing, this is the same song though a bit different. If the full soundtrack is full of songs as good as this, Assassin's Creed: Revelations may just end up having my favorite soundtrack of the year.

#2 Posted by NTM (7319 posts) -

By the way, how do you upload a youtube video in HD without having it that huge? Hm, I'll figure it out.

#3 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

METAL GEAR!?

#4 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I think it's alright, maybe a little plain.

#5 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -
#6 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Jesper Kyd's done a fantastic job with Assassin's Creed. I always enjoy those games' original scores, and Revelations will probably follow that tradition.

As for the track itself, it's fine - but it's no Flight Over Venice.

#7 Posted by NTM (7319 posts) -

@Detrian: It sounds more like Zelda at the beginning and none of MGS.

#8 Posted by NTM (7319 posts) -

@Cornman89: @Cloudenvy: @Zimbo: I have all the Assassin's Creed soundtracks, and yes Flight Over Venic 1 and 2 are fantastic, but Venice Rooftops? That's not as good as this. Listen to every detail, turn it up if you have to. This is pretty darn original for an Assassin's Creed game in its tone. I love the older Assassin's Creed soundtracks, but I think this may just out do the others. You can say it's plain, because it does have a somewhat repetitive nature, but it does ramp up a bit and it overall is impressive. It's not just OK. At least not to me.

#9 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@NTM: Good that you added the "At least not to me" at the end! : )

EDIT: I agree with the others, it's no Flight Over Venice or Venice Rooftops.

#10 Posted by NTM (7319 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: It is just an opinion, so I'm not going to say it as fact. I have one more opinion though, although I agree that those songs are great, like the majority of the other tracks of the earlier AC games, I still think this is unique in a way, and I'm sensing a "no, this is way worse than the others." vibe, but that's wrong; it's amazing. My opinion is that your opinion is wrong :P. You listened to the whole song right? It has a very emotional vibe to it, that hasn't really been shined in the past AC games. It's like soaring through the skies as the wind blast on your face and through your hair while there's a beautiful mountainous background. Whatever though. I don't really mind I guess.

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@NTM: I listened to the whole thing and it does nothing for me compared to the other two tracks, sorry. : )

Agree to disagree I suppose! haha. : )

#12 Posted by NTM (7319 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: That's fine. I'm guessing you're more into the typical game-y music than movie soundtracks; maybe like Nobuo Uematsu's older stuff? I love Flight Over Venice, but Venice Rooftops isn't terrific. I'm really just imagining when I play this game, I think it'll be amazing. Psh, women. I'm just kidding.

#13 Posted by NTM (7319 posts) -

I just noticed the video is pretty low quality although it's in 720p.

#14 Posted by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

Home in Florence is where it's at

#15 Posted by Neferon (262 posts) -

@NTM said:

I just noticed that. Shame the music quality is a bit low. I like the song though. Simple, bit minimalistic, cool melody and conveys the feeling of importance.

#16 Posted by NTM (7319 posts) -

@Neferon said:

@NTM said:

I just noticed that. Shame the music quality is a bit low. I like the song though. Simple, bit minimalistic, cool melody and conveys the feeling of importance.

Yes, glad you liked it too.

#17 Posted by ascholzk (261 posts) -

That's pretty good, but I still like this quite a bit more:

#18 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

My favorite one from this game is "Enough for One Life".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.