A new Assassin's Creed in 2011

#1 Edited by JeanLuc (3577 posts) -
#2 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Sweet. 
 
Another Assassin's Creed I'll watch straight on YouTube.  

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

we had a thread about this just days ago 
 
 
Anyway, i love Assassin's Creed, LOVE it, but i dont want an AC3 anytime before 2012... Ubisoft promised to give it a rest and they should :(

#4 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Hopefully it's good :). I enjoy the story (except the apparent 2012 nonsense) so more of it should be good.

#5 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

This just means more, uh uh uh uh uh.

#6 Posted by JeanLuc (3577 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" we had a thread about this just days ago"
Damn really? Does the thread search just not work for me because this happens to me a lot.
#7 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

I just hope they end the series on the current gen systems.

#8 Posted by TheHT (11093 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" we had a thread about this just days ago   Anyway, i love Assassin's Creed, LOVE it, but i dont want an AC3 anytime before 2012... Ubisoft promised to give it a rest and they should :( "
fitting, given that the main story takes place in 2012. :)
Online
#9 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

I have a feeling that AC3 will be the last of the series. Or, at least, the last of this story arc. There's still probably potential for the franchise to continue, but I'd like them to wrap up Desmond's story in the next game.

#10 Posted by Jimbo (9796 posts) -
@ssj4raditz said:
" I have a feeling that AC3 will be the last of the series. Or, at least, the last of this story arc. There's still probably potential for the franchise to continue, but I'd like them to wrap up Desmond's story in the next game. "
You dream, General.  They'll spin this arc out for as long as possible.  AC is going to be the Lost of video games.
#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
#12 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: why? I don't even....what?
#13 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -
@Jimbo: You mean it'll end after 6 years and I still won't understand what the hell happened?
#14 Posted by Jimbo (9796 posts) -
@ssj4raditz said:
" @Jimbo: You mean it'll end after 6 years and I still won't understand what the hell happened? "
Exactly.  At some point there will be a Polar Bear strapped into the Animus.
#15 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" @ssj4raditz said:
" @Jimbo: You mean it'll end after 6 years and I still won't understand what the hell happened? "
Exactly.  At some point there will be a Polar Bear strapped into the Animus. "
Now there's a game! lol
#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm:  why do u want them to end the series on the current gen systems :( ?  i'd want to keep playing as a badass assassin in that perfectly polished game in different settings for years to come ! i'd like to reach a Assassin's Creed 5 or 6 when the Playstation 5 rolls around!
#17 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: I would like assassin's creed 3 to end Desmond's story (him as an assassin in 2012) and I don't want to be forced to buy a new console just for that. I do want spinoffs and other assassin stories in other settings on new technology. I just don't want it do go into Assassin's Creed XIII territory. 
 
They wrote a comic book about an assassin working during the October revolution and Vladimir Lennin's brother being an assassin, and Tsar Nicholas III posessing a peice of Eden in order to advance the Templar Cause. It's basically like Brotherhood where you're inciting a revolution in Russia. And that shit happened for real, they might as well weave an assassin's story into that. Plus in Brotherhood you learn of how Communism is a threat to Templars when you solve those puzzles. It's ripe for a game, or whatever they come up with....I think I'll start a thread for people making their own AC spinoffs....
#18 Posted by DeF (4848 posts) -

you guys shouldn't forget that there's an AC announced for the 3DS which could just as well be considered a "big" game

#19 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@blacklabeldomm said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: I would like assassin's creed 3 to end Desmond's story (him as an assassin in 2012) and I don't want to be forced to buy a new console just for that. "
oh if thats what u meant, im sure the third game will be out before the next gen !
#20 Posted by Eristocrat (440 posts) -

AC is like any other franchise, they will make as much money off of it as they can, and I'm fine with that as long as the games remain as fun to play as they are now. 

#21 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

I thought they were waiting like 2-3 years after Brotherhood so people don't get tired of the series. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.