Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Assassin's Creed Series Thoughts

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just for AC fans to come and discuss the series in general. Favourite moments of the series? Favourite characters? This is just a general place of discussion where we AC fans can come together and talk and chat about the expansive AC universe. ENJOY!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've played most all the AC games, borrowed Brotherhood, bought Revelations twice, and liked AC 3 more than I did 4. 4 sure was pretty, though. I'm looking forward to playing a next-gen exclusive French Revolution game this year, and would love if they also did a separate setting current-gen game this year also. Egypt could work for current-gen game, although I wouldn't remind mind anywhere else. I really really hope its a good, long time until they do Japan, or China, but I wouldn't mind if they did a China game that focused least on the Imperial Dynasty.

Having an AC game with Japanese ninjas would disappoint both ninja fans that are disappointed that its tainted with AC formula mix at all, as well as AC game enthusiasts that would rather not Japan in their mix.

And I certainly like their multiplayer, whenever I like to play from time to time. :)

Avatar image for singingmenstrual
    SingingMenstrual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SingingMenstrual

The first Assassin's Creed along with Call of Duty 4 and Crysis will forever remain the biggest mind-blows I've ever had. Played the 3 of them on my first high-end PC ever, back in 2007. Climbing the walls of old Palestine and being a silent assassin, my god, I couldn't believe it at the time.

The second one remains my all time favorite though. You know when you spend an amazing summer with the perfect blood-rushing heart-warming music, unforgettable company and fantastic moments? AC2 is my game equivalent of the perfect and unforgettable summer holiday. Just remembering running as Ezio across the Italian fields at night with that CHARMING harp music playing, trying to reach a Templar in silence, it was the greatest rush.

Brotherhood is what I consider to be the Assassin's Creed swan song. The franchise ended there for me. Revelations and III are irrelevant, and Black Flag is the greatest pirate game ever made but it's unrelated to Assassin's Creed IMO.

Assassin's Creed 2007-2010, three fantastic games, wonderful memories, and one of the best game soundtracks ever conceived (AC2).

R.I.P. Ryan Davis, I'm glad he was an AC man and got to experience the prime of the franchise :)

<3
    <3

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played the Assassins Creed games since the beginning and got initially interested as I love to read about the Crusaders and that timeperiod in the Middle East. My favorite is (and I think it'll always be) Assassins Creed II. I really resonated with Ezio as a character and loved seeing grow through experience and loss. A close second is actually Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag. I was immensely surprised at its quality. Story, main character, setting, mechanics and more were top notch. I think I sunk around 70 hours into the game. It doesn't compare to ACII though which I've probably played around 5-6 times, completely...

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, Assassin creed 2 was my favorite. I will always remember that fight scene between 2 large groups of enemies that your are in the middle of.Brotherhood is also great, and of course Revelations is also good that adds nothing new that is good. 3 and 4 were misfires for me and I could never play through 1 when I tried.

I love the timing combat of the assassin creed games. Countering and knowing when to strike is fun as hell.

Here's my list of favorite Assassin Creed games. I also recently play Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles and it was AWFUL.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I loved the first 3 games (even AC1) but Brotherhood is where the series ended for me.

Watched the story videos from AC:R and that movie to wrap up Ezio's story.

My favorite moments were those first climbing experiences in AC1, the stealth missions of 1 & 3 (trying to ghost), the music of 2 & 3, and the story of 2.

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Played every single one (consoles), Black Flag on XOne was great... I wish this series dropped all the Sci-Fi BS and just gave us historical characters to play with without changing history too much. It always feels like the story & combat/gameplay is not up to the level of the incredible work spent on building the world & historical cities. With Black Flag, the naval gameplay was awesome and very rewarding, wish I could dive anywhere which would be nuts...

What the series needs is a much stronger story & refining the gameplay, this should almost be a stealth-first game since you're an assassin + the fighting mechanism is really outdated & not very well executed.

iPhone Companion app for Black Flag was a great plus, needs more features that tie into the game such as character upgrades etc. very promising.

My 2 cents

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RonGalaxy

Only game in the series I truly disliked was revelations. The first one is a weak link now, but it was cool when it came out. I like the third game and don't see how or why people hate it so much. Second game is the best. Brotherhood is a bit overrated on this site (it's great, but the story is lacking compared to 2). Haven't played black flag yet; waiting to get a ps4.

Favorite moment of the series is probably the carnevale's in 2 and brotherhood. The beginning hours of 2 are really amazing.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By militantfreudian

I guess I'm one the few who liked the first one the best. I thought the missions were more open-ended in nature; very little hand-holding. The cities were more dense, the gameplay was more challenging and you could break a guard's leg and hear him moan! AC II was great too. It had a better story and characters, and more variety in terms of gameplay and missions. I didn't like Brotherhood as much, didn't play Revelations and disliked AC III.

I personally feel like they should focus on the core features that make an Assassin's Creed game what it is, most importantly the parkour and assassination missions. I also feel like the combat is in need of a revamp.

CrimsonAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CrimsonAvenger

Played up to Revelations. I always preferred Altair over Ezio. Ezio was a cool character but Altair was far more fascinating. He was restrained and cold like an assassin would be. The first game overall is still my favorite in the series. The time period, the setting, and the characters really sold it for me. I remembered reading about the game in GameInformer prior to it's release and thought it sounded really cool. I thought III looked kinda cool and meshed well with the AC universe but ultimately didn't play it. One of the reasons why I didn't play it as well I'm an American. The American Revolution just isn't a time period I'm interested in. I understand that since they did that time period then they clearly weren't aiming at Americans. I can definitely see it being more interesting for non Americans as they wouldn't know much about it. Though the prospect of killing redcoats did sound fun.

Haven't played Black Flag either because I have no interest in Assassin's Creed with pirates. That's not AC to me. Settings I'd like to see are the height of the Aztec Empire, the Spanish conquest of the Americas, the Mongol Hordes (with Altair as the main character), Nationalist China (circa like 1918), Meiji Japan, Revolutionary France, or the American Civil War.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By miko1222

Surprised we got this many posts on the thread. I too think ACII is the best Assassin's Creed game. The settings were amazing and I was drawn into the characters - notably Ezio. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood lived up to the hype set by it's predecessor. Rome was great to explore, and the characters we loved from the past game returned. Revelations, I didn't really enjoy playing at first. The thing I loved about II and Brotherhood was the setting in Italy, and the architecture, who Revelations just didn't grab me. Nevertheless, returning to it, I started to discover more joys in the game.

Assassin's Creed III is where the series truly fell. The character was boring, the missions were lacklustre, and the setting showed the developers just didn't know what to tell. Nevertheless, the hunting system was fun to discover. ACIV Black Flag is the only Assassin's Creed game I've got true mixed feelings for. The graphics are far superior than previous games, but the characters were just exaggerated. However, the progression of Edward as a character was nicely played, but the game was stripped of a 'Frontier.'

Liberation, I wasn't really invested in. I didn't find Aveline a 'bad' character, just not a good one either. It doesn't add to the series. It just copy and pastes ACIII's dynamics into a PSP game.

Bloodlines, I liked that one. The boss battles were greatly constructed, and I loved to see the character of Altair return again.

That being said, I've played all 6 main series games, and I've played Liberation and Bloodlines on portable console. ACII and ACB are my favourites from main series, while Bloodlines easily tops liberation for me. Spread word of this thread and invite your friends here. Let the creed grow.

miko1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@singingmenstrual:

ACII is my favourite too. But the whole AC series reeks of nostalgia to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.