Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Assassins Creed III announced already.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Wraxend
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Well they said that Assassin's Creed 2-3 would be the last 2 game and they decided that Assassin's Creed was going to be a yearly thing. 
    You can use detective work to figure out that Assassin's Creed 3 would be the next big release.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

Well duh? Who didn't expect this?

The in-game story has been leading up to 2012, a very specific time frame in 2012 in which some BAD shit is going to happen so yeah, would be fucking dumb of ubisoft not to capitalize in that.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mazik765

I'm kind of glad they did just so I now know there will be an AC3.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cstrang

I mean, I think we all know by now that Ubisoft wants this to be their annual cash-cow. And as long as the games keep getting better year after year, I'll keep buying. Plus, i think it makes sense to release in 2012, since it has significance to the story.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Dany said:

The in-game story has been leading up to 2012, a very specific time frame in 2012 in which some BAD shit is going to happen so yeah, would be fucking dumb of ubisoft not to capitalize in that.

I can already see the 2012 styled ads for that game.
    Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wraxend

@cstrang said:

I mean, I think we all know by now that Ubisoft wants this to be their annual cash-cow. And as long as the games keep getting better year after year, I'll keep buying. Plus, i think it makes sense to release in 2012, since it has significance to the story.

Yep agree as long as they are getting better with each one why stop the ball rolling.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Maajin

The fact tha they're maintaining the same cycle to develop a whole new Assassin's Creed worries me a little. But I've been wrong once and Revelations will probably make it twice. Those Montreal guys are robots.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mazik765

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Dany said:

I really hope they don't. The intentional fear-mongering those ads relied on was kind of across the line (in my mind anyway)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous

They already stated that they want AC to be a yearly franchise, and they stated that AC:R would be the last in the AC2/Ezio trilogy. So....

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @mazik765 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Dany said:

I really hope they don't. The intentional fear-mongering those ads relied on was kind of across the line (in my mind anyway)

That seems odd.
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FreakAche

Finally! A third Assassin's Creed game!

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By WightnNerdy

Honestly, who didn't think this would happen? Ubisoft has been releasing Assassin's Creed games annually for 3 years now. Unsurprising. 

Though I think it's awesome because I love the AC franchise. Definitely one of the best annual game series' ever.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

However, a shift in approach to development at Ubisoft Montreal means that the quick-fire rate at which new games have been produced is likely to come to an end. "We're already structuring the way we do Assassin's Creed, so it will no longer ever be like that," said Amacio. "Our development approach is changing so our cycles aren't structured the same way - so it gives us a little bit more development time."

Well I'm glad to hear that. I love Assassin's Creed and I would hate for it to go stale, so slowing the pace down after 3 comes out seems like a good plan.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Venatio

This just reminds me of how fucking stupid next year is going to be with all the end of the world bullshit

Can't wait for 2013 so some other idiot will give us a new date to fear

Anyway, I'll play this probably, been wanting AC3 for a while now

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By chilibean_3

They said they kind of have to end the "present day" story line next year so it doesn't go beyond what they originally set it up to be. I'm hoping for a different time setting or completely different culture setting in the next game. I really don't care about the present day story line, just let me have fun being a kick-ass assassin in cool settings.

knetic2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By knetic2341

The wiki page for Assassin's Creed 3 has been up on the Assassin's Creed Wiki for quite some time now. We already knew that AC3 was happening.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wraxend

I keep thinking that the civilisation that came before would be a good setting I mean we've already had a sneak peek at how it looks in AC2.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Rhaknar

im shocked, shocked i tell you by this announcement. What will they announce next, another call of duty?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mikemcn

A modern day assassins creed could be cool, but it might just end up being splinter cell.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Expected, and we all love it.

Assassin's Creed is the only yearly franchise that remains exciting and fresh title after title.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By BoG

@Mikemcn said:

A modern day assassins creed could be cool, but it might just end up being splinter cell.

Wait, you never caught that Sam Fisher is Desmond's cousin? It all ties in.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @BoG said:

@Mikemcn said:

Damn it Desmond.  I'm Pulling you out.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kingzetta

Well duh it's a yearly game, there's also a madden and a call of duty comeing out next year

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mazik765

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@mazik765 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Dany said:

That seems odd.

How so?

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @mazik765 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@mazik765 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Dany said:

That seems odd.

How so?

If your talking about the movie that was the plot.  I don't think it was fear mongering at all unless you consider sitting in the theater watching 2012 scary.
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kingzetta
    @BoG said:

@Mikemcn said:

No Sam Fisher is a Templar
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mikemcn

@BoG said:

@Mikemcn said:

If they could combine Assassins Creed and Splinter Cell, I might be ok with it.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By jkz

@CaLe said:

I hope the next Assassins Creed game is about a corrupt government and you have to infiltrate the corrupt government by passing their secret agent parkour test which is a strength of the Assassins Creed games and once you pass the secret agent parkour test they tell you the secrets of the corrupt government and you know the secrets from the very start of the game so there is nothing to uncover but just 2 paths and one path you are accepting that the government is corrupt and following that story line until you get to that ending and that's just one ending while the other path is you decide to expose the corrupt government so you take different missions and maybe these missions are more stealthy compared to the accepting of the corrupt government path and at the end of this paths ending you are given a cutscene that shows how you exposed the corrupt government and actually everything only happened in the animus so none if it was real but the real world is just like the animus and the government in the real world is also corrupt so you can use your training from inside the animus to really expose the corrupt government but that will be Assassins Creed 4 because already I have made the game too long with both of these paths and the path of accepting the corrupt government doesn't even have an ending that tells you that it was all in the animus because accepting the corrupt government is your punishment really.

We did it

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mazik765

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@mazik765 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@mazik765 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@Dany said:

That seems odd.

How so?

If your talking about the movie that was the plot. I don't think it was fear mongering at all unless you consider sitting in the theater watching 2012 scary.

Some of the commercials (at least the ones I saw around here) barely let you know it was for a movie. They were viral campaigns and the commercials were for like post-apocalyptic living that you could buy and stuff. Didn't really bother me personally, but when I start to read about how some people mistook these for actual commercials and were writing in to NASA asking if they should just off themselves...that goes a little over the line. Normally I'd just say those idiots should've been paying closer attention and realized it was for a movie, but some of the commercials only showed the bare minimum they could to suggest it was part of a movie, instead urging people to find 'the truth' by googling 2012.

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By NathanStack

They're not really going to call it Assassin's Creed III, right?

It'll be the fifth game in the series. That fucking shit ain't logical.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @mazik765 said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Some of the commercials (at least the ones I saw around here) barely let you know it was for a movie. They were viral campaigns and the commercials were for like post-apocalyptic living that you could buy and stuff. Didn't really bother me personally, but when I start to read about how some people mistook these for actual commercials and were writing in to NASA asking if they should just off themselves...that goes a little over the line. Normally I'd just say those idiots should've been paying closer attention and realized it was for a movie, but some of the commercials only showed the bare minimum they could to suggest it was part of a movie, instead urging people to find 'the truth' by googling 2012.
    Damn all I remembered was the trailer.  I don't think Assassin's Creed will take it as far as googling the truth.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Sigh. The 2012 stuff is the stuff I don't like about the AC story stuff, so I am not getting a good feeling about this. I'm sure it'll be fine gameplay wise, but oh well.

Also, I am still vehemently opposed to an AC game set entirely in the modern day.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By Rhaknar
    @familyphotoshoot said:

They're not really going to call it Assassin's Creed III, right?

It'll be the fifth game in the series. That fucking shit ain't logical.

GTA4? RE4? Of course you can say those arent logical either, but them´s the rules of videogame land
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @MooseyMcMan said:

Sigh. The 2012 stuff is the stuff I don't like about the AC story stuff, so I am not getting a good feeling about this. I'm sure it'll be fine gameplay wise, but oh well.

I love 2012 AC insanity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.