Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Assassin’s Creed Loses Yet Another Creative Director

• 66 results
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Example1013

I'd leave too if I were expected to manage the creation and execution of 5 super-interesting stories in 5 AAA games in the same 5-year span.

Fuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Fuga

I'm on assbro and already burned out. These games are p much the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-636514d3175a5
    deactivated-636514d3175a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never got into the AC series, and I kind of wish I would have. I feel like I'm really missing out on some good games. I REALLY don't feel like going through the first on though.

garyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By garyd

i honestly never intended to play Revelations either, and i'm a huge fan/completionist of the series. getting it as a gift however means that i will, i'll just have to watch that amazing Woodkid trailer again before i do

mannalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By mannalive

Whatever the next AC game is, I won't buy it until after the reviews are out or maybe even wait for the first price drop. ACR was a pretty unnecessary pre-order.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#56  Edited By Commisar123

Well considering how bad ACR was, this sounds like a good thing for the franchise.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By James_ex_machina

After getting to the AC party late I dragged my feet about half way through. After finishing the 1st game I immediately replayed it to S rank it. I bought AC2 2 months later and at the halfway point I was burned out. I keep planning to go back to finish it but other games, guitar, and work get in the way. There will be 10 of these games by the time I get through Brotherhood.
    I hope Activision doesn't burnout the fans with the early AC.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Branthog

I've mostly enjoyed the Assassin's Creed franchise (though the first one was a chore to make it through and the last one was . . . meh), but I can completely see that after four years of making essentially the same four games, I'd want to move on, too. Live is finite and you only have so many games, movies, books, paintings, whatever in you to produce. Why waste it creating the same thing? Well, because the money is good, obviously. But no shame in moving on as soon as you can.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59  Edited By Branthog

@Abyssfull said:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that AC3 is speculated to have you playing as Altair's son in Egypt or something, which, while would make for some very different scenery, only takes the series backwards and wouldn't fit being apart of the next numbered big step for the series.

And by AC3, you mean AC5, right? :)

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Drebin_893

@Slab64 said:

Well, shit.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By xyzygy

Maybe these people are leaving because they're unhappy with how the whole thing is going. Personally I thought that Brotherhood was amazing, but since Revelations they NEED to get on it again.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#62  Edited By Yummylee

@Branthog said:

@Abyssfull said:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that AC3 is speculated to have you playing as Altair's son in Egypt or something, which, while would make for some very different scenery, only takes the series backwards and wouldn't fit being apart of the next numbered big step for the series.

And by AC3, you mean AC5, right? :)

It's going to at the very least feature a new character so they'll be calling it AC3 - which seems fair, given AC3/Brotherhood/Revelations was primarily centred around Ezio and it was his own trilogy more or less. If you mean AC5 in the literal sense, does that you're also going to be calling GTAV GTAIX?

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@James_ex_machina: Ubisoft, you mean Ubisoft. 
    morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By morrelloman

All you need to know is that Revelations was down to $40 after less than 2 months on the market. But man, seriously, fuck that game. Everyone on here is saying exactly what I am thinking. Please make good game this year. I would guess that they are limiting the director's control by not allowing them to extend the story. Like hence why the story in this most recent iteration was butt fucking pointless. I would quit too. I am only so angry because I thought I wanted this game every year, but they clearly are getting ready to jump the proverbial shark. In a perfect world this last piece of shit they called AC was just a setup to make fans appreciate the next one.

somethingdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By somethingdumb

@Nicky92 said:

As long as AC3 has a new game engine it will be better to play and look at.

Well, it almost certainly won't have a new engine.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By warxsnake

honestly, in MTL people leave and rejoin companies left and right as long as you get a salary increase. Him leaving has no bearing on the quality of the franchise.

I have friends who have done UbisoftMTL->EAMTL->EidosMTL->UbisoftMTL in the matter of months. Doing that, you get big jumps in salary much quicker than staying in the same place.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.