Do you think it would be a good idea to put online multiplayer in the next Assassins Creed?

#1 Posted by Majorgamer (11 posts) -
#2 Posted by GeneralTurkle (335 posts) -

Someone give me a nice cup of how the fuck would that work?

#3 Posted by Toxin066 (3279 posts) -

Going with no, about forty seven billion times.

#4 Posted by chstupid (806 posts) -

One on One assassin battle that would be awesome
#5 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

the only thing i could think working  if there are two assassins. one knows where the other is, and the other has to get to a location somewhere on the other side of the map. 
but i dunno. 

no

#6 Posted by Alex_V (614 posts) -

Capture the 100 flags mode would be fun.

#7 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Well the only multiplayer i can think of is One team Protects the target, the defenders are stronger and better equipped but slower and less agile maybe, while the assassins are out to kill the target and are faster and weaker. Even this sounds pretty bad though so i would say no.

#8 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I would say that it would be neat if there was a race to see who could kill a designated target first. Like in that mission where the crazy preacher dude is on top of that really high tower, and the assassin's start off from two separate points in the city and have to find the quickest way up to him.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

#9 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2991 posts) -

the mechanics just wouldn't work well with two players interacting especially with combat.

#10 Posted by ADTR_ZERO (1060 posts) -

10 guards, 1 assassin. Assassin! You must capture the (insert item here) without being killed by the guards (who can respawn) and in a certain time limit. 

Sounds good to me. And online is ALWAYS good, because it will add longetivity for alot of people, and if you don't like it, you don't have to play it!
#11 Posted by AltonBrown (950 posts) -
@Alex_V said:
" Capture the 100 flags mode would be fun. "
Ha.
#12 Posted by demontium (4708 posts) -
@chstupid said:
" One on One assassin battle that would be awesome "
I think this guy's avatar explains my face when I saw that question.
#13 Posted by NubMonk (209 posts) -

Short answer, no. Long answer, please god no.

#14 Posted by mrcool11 (469 posts) -

some sort of co-op-y gameplay might be kinda neat, but i dont think itll work

#15 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Noooo no no no...

No no...

No.

#16 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

No, it should remain a single player experiance,  

Some games just don't need Multiplayer, as a tack on, same goes for Multiplayer having a tacked on single player.

#17 Posted by Time_Lord (714 posts) -

No because then they would put online achievements in it.

#18 Posted by goodwood (600 posts) -

adding a multiplayer would take away time money and people from the single player dev teams so  no.

#19 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

" @Alex_V said:

" Capture the 100 flags mode would be fun. "
hahahahahaha!

Also,it would be kind of cool if there was something like you're all in a building and one dude is an assassin, so people try to figure out who the assassin is and in the meantime the assassin tries to dispatch the people as sneakily as possible.
#20 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

The game really doesn't seem suited for a multiplayer mode. I think it's a really bad idea.

#21 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Only if its a Co-op mode, nothing else is needed, I just want my lengthy single player

#22 Posted by Aljosa15 (315 posts) -

Not in a billion years. No offence, but that's a very stupid question. Not every game needs to have tacked on co-op.

#23 Posted by Undeadpool (4923 posts) -

I can't even BEGIN to express the no.

I'd rather have an incredible single player experience than a great single player and mediocre multiplayer. I don't think Assassin's Creed 2 would do well with multi, it's a very solitary game.

#24 Posted by moelarrycurly (668 posts) -

Multiplayer in Assasin's Creed would work fine; I don't know what everyone is complaining about.  Co-op, races, deathmatch, etc.  Remember, the next game will probably be in more modern times and probably have guns, so I could definitely see it as a possibility.  Of course, it would totally screw up the fiction, but it's only a game after all.

#25 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i can see a no on that. i don't think it would be any good to do that. uncharted 2 has multiplayer and peopel said it would not work out. look how good that is now.

#26 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

In a general sense, no. In most cases I could imagine, it would destroy the immersion and silent beauty of the series. But, I could go for some Crackdown-esque 2-player free-roam with friends.

#27 Posted by pause422 (6179 posts) -

No. No is the only answer. If your answer isnt no, you are wrong. Just no.

#28 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

No way

#29 Posted by MattyFTM (14368 posts) -

If they can make it work without significantly changing the gameplay mechanics, then sure, why not? Co-op could probably work, but I can't imagine it being easy to get those mechanics to work in competitive multiplayer. With some interesting & slightly abstract thinking, I suppose they could get it to work.

#30 Posted by JokerClown88 (1051 posts) -

NEVER!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.