Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Enzio's Trilogy Limited Steelbook Edition - Worth Buying?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Ubisoft has released a limited 'Enzio's Trilogy' Steelbook Edition (PC only) for the German-language markets (Germany, Austria, Switzerland & such). Since I didn't enjoy AC1 too much, I did not pull the trigger on any of the 3 games in the compilation. Everybody says that the franchise made a huge leap forward with AC2, and that Brotherhood and Revelations are great too.

I still kinda need to be convinced that I need to play these games. Are these games really that much better than AC1? How's the PC port? Gamepad support? How's the Ubisoft-Always-Online thingy? Here's an unboxing video of the product...

Would you buy such a thing? Is that worth 60 bucks and that massive chunk of time it will take to play it all?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7

Who is Enzio?

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ghostiet
    @N7 said:
    Who is Enzio?
    He's Shepherd's cousin.
    SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By SeanFoster

I just played through the entire Ezio trilogy on Steam over the past couple of weeks, and have nothing but positive things to say about the ports. I used an Xbox 360 controller and was many times stunned by the gorgeous cities I was navigating as Ezio. Brotherhood in particular with it's very well realized Rome was breathtakingly rendered. I can't really speak to any of the DRM stuff, although I did like that as I played and got "UPlay" achievement points it allowed me to unlock ingame costumes and perks.

Prior to this, I played about 3-4 hours of Assassin's Creed 1 (also on PC) before growing impatient with some of the traversal mechanics (mostly getting around the different cities) and moving on to Assassin's Creed 2. If I'd played it when it first came out I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it, but knowing what I did about the later games I was a bit anxious to move on to them. I felt like I got the gist of Part 1 and Wiki'd what I needed to.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Tylea002

PC Exclusive? Shit, I would fucking buy that for xbox.

It looks so beautiful.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Seppli

@seanfoster:

Thx for the feedback. I think I'll pull the trigger.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Seppli

60 bucks? - yeah it's worth it.
    All that time? - nah not worth it. (at least not for all 3 games)

AC2 - makes a lot of improvements in gameplay and overall gameplay quality, altho i keep standing by the fact that altair has always been a much better character in AC1 then Ezio in AC2
    AC2: Brotherhood - made me like Ezio way more and improves on the gameplay even more, it's considered the height if the series by many, also the MP was one of the most unique and fun MP games I played, sunk moer time into it then BF3
    AC2: Revelations - the changes are kinda meh if not for the worst, MP was kinda broken, and there are no real revelations, if you are short on time skip it

The games are also quite good PC ports and imo control much better with keyboard and mouse then with a controller, the ability to super precisely control the camera with the mouse makes parkour way easier.
    Only downside is the always online DRM.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Why would Ubisoft release anything PC exclusive especially a special high quality steelbook edition? 
    Cannot compute.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @AhmadMetallic
    Why would Ubisoft release anything PC exclusive especially a special high quality steelbook edition? 
    Cannot compute.
    They will probably plant bombs in them to kill the people who buy their games since they hate them so much.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Tennmuerti said:
    @Seppli:  60 bucks? - yeah it's worth it. All that time? - nah not worth it. (at least not for all 3 games)  AC2 - makes a lot of improvements in gameplay and overall gameplay quality, altho i keep standing by the fact that altair has always been a much better character in AC1 then Ezio in AC2 AC2: Brotherhood - made me like Ezio way more and improves on the gameplay even more, it's considered the height if the series by many, also the MP was one of the most unique and fun MP games I played, sunk moer time into it then BF3 AC2: Revelations - the changes are kinda meh if not for the worst, MP was kinda broken, and there are no real revelations, if you are short on time skip.
    This guy has it right. AC2 and Brotherhood are really awesome games. While AC: Revelations seems fine its definitely the one to skip if you want some time in between 3. Hell I haven't even finished Revelations and I've had it since December.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.