Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Assassin's Creed

Franchise »

The Assassin's Creed franchise follows the never-ending, secret war between the Assassin Brotherhood and the Templar Order, in various historical settings, told from the perspective of the modern day.

Question

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Deusoma

So here's a random question that's been kinda bugging me since the first game, which I first played last year.

Y'know those rooftop hiding spots, the wooden frame thingies with blankets hanging down on the sides? What exactly are those? 

I mean, they're handy and everything, I just have no idea why such a thing would be on somebody's roof, or why they would be in both Crusades-era Jerusalem and Renaissance-era Venice. 

I know, I know, Google is your friend, but since I don't even know what to call the things, I can't even look it up.

Anybody wanna fill me in?

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mylifeforAiur

According to Wikipedia, it's a rooftop garden^^

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Phr4nk0

They are ment to be roof gardens I think. Why they are completely covered, barely letting any sun through to the plants is another question.
    Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Bigandtasty

Animus tutorial calls it a "roof garden."

@Phr4nk0 said:

" They are ment to be roof gardens I think. Why they are completely covered, barely letting any sun through to the plants is another question. "

It is indeed strange. Probably the same reason every peasant only sits on the ends of the bench, and would never think of occupying the middle.
    pekoe212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By pekoe212

I do recall laughing out loud the first time I hid in one of those so-called "rooftop gardens" and realized there was not a single plant of any kind inside. Or furniture. Completely empty structures except for broken pieces of wood and debris on the floor. I pictured poor medieval peasants climbing all the way up onto their roof so they could go in these wooden boxes, sit on the uncomfortable floor and ....stare at each other? Since they can't actually see the view from their "gardens".

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    First time i saw it i thought it was some kind of storage unit o_O 
    beats me. 

@Bigandtasty
    said:
    " @Phr4nk0 said:
    " They are ment to be roof gardens I think. Why they are completely covered, barely letting any sun through to the plants is another question. "
    It is indeed strange. Probably the same reason every peasant only sits on the ends of the bench, and would never think of occupying the middle. "
    hahaha xD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.